1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review Tl7 Photoshop Resources

Discussion in 'Websites' started by aceonline, Feb 22, 2008.

Hello there ,
    I have recently started a new site called
    Tl7 Photoshop Resources

In it i am trying to index the best photoshop resources like brushes ,patterns etc on the web provided for free .

So have a look at it and please share your comments with me .
    Also rate the site on a scale from 0 to 10 .

All constructive criticism welcome :D

Kindest Regards,
    Ace.

aceonline, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  2. hibob

hibob Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks nice, I bookmarked it :p
    I like the design, but maybe lighten it up a TINY bit. Other than that its good.
    8/10

Keep on posting, you've got some cool things there.

hibob, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. aceonline

aceonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks hibob for the review , by lighten up what do you mean? please elaborate.

Thanks Again.
    Ace.

aceonline, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  4. bam bam

bam bam Peon

Best Answers:
    7/10

Nice site, i've seen alot of the resources before on other websites, so my suggestion would be to add more unique content, add a favicon for bookmarking purposes and take out the "link3, link4, etc" bit in the footer. Maybe advertise them as for sale.

My $0.02!

bam bam, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  5. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Has a great look to is and good posts

swedal, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  6. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd give it a 7 (I'm stingy). Looks good!

It looks like the main posting area has a large space between it and the right sidebar in IE7, or is that just me? Seems a bit odd. I'd use up that space.

Also, how about a tagline under the logo/header to let everyone know at a glance what you're doing.

Overall, I liked it.

Edit: Ok, upon reconsideration, a tagline probably isn't necessary with a title like 'Photoshop Resources' (that's pretty clear), but I liked where you said:

...and thought something like that in the header might be helpful. Just a thought.

Artifexus, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  7. aceonline

aceonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankyou all for your great reviews.

For the space between the sidebar and the main content , yes it is a problem and ill fix it asap thanks :D

Ace.

aceonline, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. aceonline

aceonline Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the most important error , (it was in ie , has been fixed )

I just wanted to ask opera , safari , NON IE/FF users to review and tell me if there is a problem.

Ace.

aceonline, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  9. Patricksia2007

Patricksia2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, I will give it a 7. Maybe there is some rooms for improvement.
    You might want to consider putting in some introduction in your home page to share about what your website is all about....

Just a suggestion... It seems like your website is about different photos or pictures.. You might also want to consider putting in one of the photo or pictures that were contribute by either yourself or your reader and ask for voting. This will indirectly increase the engagement level of your readers and make the whole website more interesting.

Cheers!

Patricksia2007, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  10. aceonline

aceonline Peon

Best Answers:
    OK so i added major changes to the side bar , i moved it closer to the content and added background to the links etc.

How is it ? was the earlier one better or this one?

aceonline, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  11. Patricksia2007

Patricksia2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems to be slightly better...

Patricksia2007, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  12. DeViAnThans3

DeViAnThans3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some comments.. I'ld -as it currently looks- rate it around 7 out of 10.
    The site has a good topic. Generally, there are quite some sites out there doing this kinds of things, but, sometimes I miss sites which bundle a lot of them in one.
    You've been active on the blog so far, which is a good thing too. You have to keep your visitors keep visiting back, and what's better for that than regularly keep posting? ;)
    You should try to get your visitors post comments. This will also make the site look more active.

When I visited the site, I missed a "search" function. Would it be possible to import that? I don't expect it to be some kind of advanced search, just a search field in the right bar would be great!

About the design, some "glitch" I noticed, is that the titles (like "Subscribe now") in the right bar aren't vertically centerred, while that would look much better. Normally you should be abled to do it with CSS vertical-align: middle; . For firefox it might be needed to also use the CSS rule line-height: (height of the title), as it won't react to vertical-align then.

I, myself, would center the partner logo's. Next to that, I'ld remove the blogroll, as both partners and blogroll have the same URL's. It actually isn't a good idea to have 2 the same links in one and the same page for SEO, I think.

Your site doesn't complies with W3C's accessibility guidelines for color contrast differences. This implies that your site might be very difficult to read at laptops or some PC's (or other devices). Be sure to check Colour Contrast Analyser software (free)!

Some features you could add, in order to be more interactive with your visitors is a rating addon (5-star rating). In order to get some more visitors, you could add an "addthis" icon or some digg / stumbleupon add-ins to your blog.

Hope this helps a bit :)

DeViAnThans3, Feb 28, 2008 IP