1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you experienced anything like this?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by iknowalittlebit, Feb 27, 2008.

I have been in the affiliate business for a while now, but am just now getting around to using Azoogle. I would like to know if anybody here has experienced anything like this with them.

We picked a zip submit campaign yesterday on Azoogle and began promoting via web and PPC search.

We monitored the campaign through the night and the numbers stayed true. Our eCPC would bounce between $0.79 and $0.81, so we pumped a few hundred more into promoting.

I called my rep yesterday morning to have him send over my W-9 and asked him to take a look at the campaign we were running. He said our numbers were fantastic at first, but then said that something was wrong and he would call me back.

Five minutes later my rep called back. He said that I should pause the campaign because he thinks they were reporting the wrong info to me. He said that most likely the stats are wrong.

I explained that we used those stats to guide us in our decision on how much to spend on PPC. He replied with, "you will get something". Something? That's not very reassuring considering that we just spent several hundred dollars on PPC based on the information that Azoogle presented to us.

I have posted a screenshot of the stats below for the 24 hour period in question. As of the the time of this posting, the stats in my account are the same as below... however, my AM says to ignore those stats. He says that we do not have 882 leads, we have 26 leads... and they will hapilly pay me $26 for them. I explained that Azoogle should take some responsability for presenting stats and information that they know will be used to make decisions on how much to spend on PPC, but apparently the do not feel the same.

[​IMG]

iknowalittlebit, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  2. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: I received an email that said if I were an experienced marketer I would have recognized that something wrong. So there you have it. Azoogle says it's all my fault.

3. Methane

Methane Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I am considering jumping on the Azoogle bandwagon, but that is really shitty of them. Maybe I should stay away. I hope they right their wrong.

At most stores, if a product's price is mislabeled the store will sell it to you for the lower price. They would NEVER say, "An experienced shopper would know how much this product is."

Any Azoogle reps here care to differ?

Methane, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  4. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... that e-mail response that they sent you is total garbage! :confused: All I can say, is Azoogle has been pretty good to me... but I can understand you having a bitter taste in your mouth after that experience.

Don't worry, there are dozens of reputable affiliate companies out there with zip offers. Try them out!

webgenesis, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  5. SonHouse

SonHouse Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going through this right now with the same offer. According to my rep, the conversions were firing on the clicks not the confirmation page, or whatever they are using to track actual conversions. The only thing is, if that were the case there would have been a 100% conversion, right? Mine was pretty high, but not that high, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Today, I find out they took away about 80% of the leads and revenue I had earned on that offer over the last 5 days, a lot of money, and are telling me to sit tight while they figure out what to do about the situation.

We'll see what happens....

SonHouse, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  6. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    That is EXACTLY what I said to my rep. If they were firing on every click, then the conversion would have been 100%! I just looked and it seems that they have adjusted my stats too.

The part that really ticks me off (aside from losing a bunch of money) is that I was told that an experienced affiliate should have noticed that something was wrong.

7. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you're upset that leads that weren't actually yours were taken away?

I'm confused.

PPC-Coach, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  8. skydivedude

skydivedude Peon

Best Answers:
    You have every right to be upset. You relied upon the data they fed you to make ad buying decisions. You would think its imparitive of Azoogle to supply correct data. How your rep can imply its your fault they sent bad data is beyond belief. I'm going to think twice before I start down the Azoogle road. Thanks for the heads up.

skydivedude, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  9. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's BS it's their fault their stats were showing false results. I'm staying away from Azoogle

MikeLugar, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  10. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    It sucks, but it does happen from time to time. No system is perfect and tracking errors are pretty common in this game. Just keep working with your AM until you are satisfied.

SonicReducer, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  11. SonHouse

SonHouse Peon

Best Answers:
    The way I look at is, I increased my adspend to send more traffic to an offer that I thought was converting very well according to the stats, then I find out that a mistake was made on their end, and a week's worth of leads and revenue is pretty much wiped out.

SonHouse, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  12. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    It's the advertiser's responsibility to place the confirmation pixel on the right page... That being said, they should be liable to publishers to anything earned during the period of the misplaced pixel.

Johu, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  13. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    He's mad because he did an initial trial with a small amount of money, and then when he saw the "great earnings" he made with it that small amount... he boosted up his marketing costs.

If he had known what the real data was, he wouldn't have spent a large portion of his money on marketing a sucky offer.

webgenesis, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  14. dickson123

dickson123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, agree. I am sure I will do the same in that situation.

Azoogle should fight for affiliate at this point since it is not affiliate's fault.

However, the story recalled me that some big guy from network said it is always not true to have a conversion over than 50%. For a 80% conversion, you should contact AM immidietly for you benefit, instead of laughing in the conner.

dickson123, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  15. PoorGuy

PoorGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear that .. Man I would be pissed too, who wouldnt?

There seems to be more and more complain threads about them appearing on dp every day.. Their reputation will go down the drain if they don't do something about it... I know other networks out there that will actually pay you for the loss if it's really the network/advertisers fault.

Welcome to 'dark side' of CPA offers.... scrubby dooby doo

PoorGuy, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  16. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats pretty sucky but like it has been said no system is perfect

However i wouldnt expect a response like that from Azoogle that isnt very professional, one of my zip offers runs at around 50c eCPC. I know this offer is fine though but if i was to see another offer perform like that i wouldnt be suspicious.

WharfeValley Systems, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  17. KHyuga

KHyuga Active Member

Best Answers:
    He's probably more mad at the condescending tone of the reply he got from azoogle, more than anything else.

KHyuga, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  18. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, they emailed, didn't have the guts to call you and say that to you. I would be pissed too!

M5love, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  19. grwolz

grwolz Guest

Best Answers:
    Forward the e-mail trail to mitch(at)azads.com Mitch is much higher up in the food chain at Azoogle, mention the problem and the horrible response you got from you AM. I am sure he will at least look into it.

grwolz, Mar 3, 2008 IP