1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got a great site but not traffic!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by whiteblue1942, Feb 27, 2008.

i got a great website with tons of information thats easy to find but i have hardly any traffic. like 14 visitors a day!!!

someone tell me what im doing wrong, ive been trading links and writing blogs and using social bookmarking!!

http://www.helpinghandcancer.com is my site and i have no idea what to do now im at the end of my rope. PLEASE HELP!!!!:confused:

whiteblue1942, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  2. gummybear

gummybear Member

Best Answers:
    Try to improve your SERPs. First thing, your signature link: it sucks. You don't want to link to your site as www.url.com. That doesn't accomplish anything. Change your anchor text (the thing between the a tags) to a relevant keyword. If you want to get higher rankings on a search for keyword "help cancer" then you should link to your site as (a tag)Help Cancer(end a tag).

gummybear, Feb 27, 2008 IP
    whiteblue1942 likes this.
  3. nastynappy

nastynappy Banned

Best Answers:
    well, just be patient , your website will generate loads of traffic after about 2 - 3 months, till then, dont give up and keep collecting backlinks and keep promoting your site, Good Luck

nastynappy, Feb 27, 2008 IP
    whiteblue1942 likes this.
  4. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank both you guys reputation addded!

whiteblue1942, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO man that's more important then having a great site

You invested 5k to make a site invest at least the same for SEO and even marketing ...

w3bmaster, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  6. ched

ched Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like you need to do some SEO.

A Few basics:

You dont seem to have a H1 tag.
    No meta data (Not much help but Yahoo+MSN) use it.
    Some of your links are storey1.html maybe make the file name more like the subject.
    Your title isnt targeted enough.
    No Alt tags for images.
    Menu links just images so search engines dont know what links are about etc.
    Not enough keywords relating to your topic etc....

I could go on...... read this forum, maybe do a search on ebooks within this forum for some good links to ebooks.
    Have a look at this threads link page. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=726813

If you dont understand the above I think you need to hire someone to do a bit of SEO for you.

Good Luck.

ched, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  7. budhanes

budhanes Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Gummybear. I wouldn't say it "sucks", but "could use some improvement". Try using your anchor text instead of your domain name. Also might try renaming images to "keywords". Your main image is: http://www.helpinghandcancer.com/images/homepageimage.jpg. Try renaming it to http://www.helpinghandcancer.com/images/"keyword".jpg . The same with your other pictures. Also, add alt text to your images with keywords. View other pages websites and you'll see what I mean. Ex. alt="cancer info". Keep adding content and give it some time and it should be ok. Also, do you have some keyword research done yet? What keywords do you want to rank for in search engines? Will these keywords, if ranked well, bring alot of traffic? Just keep learning (asking questions) and working on the site and WAIT. It takes some time to rank good.

budhanes, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  8. oldstocks

oldstocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your site lacks original content. Even if it is not a canned site, I cannot tell the difference.

No offense but you will need original, topical content (hand written and not copied or fed articles). The search engines will detect that even if you have good links to your site. When engines do see repeated content, they put those sites to the bottom in the end. This does not mean you should not try to submit to the search engines (do this at a minimum) but optimizing your site is not just putting in keywords or rewiting a copied article or two.

If you are really serious about the site, you should try an extensive PPC campaign as well a SLOW link campaign through directories, search engines, and related sites. You can find some of these services on DP.

None of us is perfect, otherwise we would not be reading the same advice threads!

oldstocks, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  9. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what's your site age? and how many backlinks do you have?

trichnosis, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  10. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to optimize few targeted keywords, update your content and promote your content through rss.

bobchrist, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  11. wtlok

wtlok Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get good SERPs and good luck! waiting for search engine to indexed them

wtlok, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  12. redspace

redspace Peon

Best Answers:
    redspace, Feb 28, 2008 IP