1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

paypal dispute

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by asterix, Feb 26, 2008.

some client created dispute on paypal , i did some design service for him ( webpage design) after that he made payment , he was satisfied with the work.i have sent him all files required for it. but suddenly after few days he has created a dispute on paypal and claiming money back (reason: no receipt , and says he doesn't recall paying me),well i clarified at paypal why he paid me but then he escalated the dispute.i tried to communicate with him on msn and here at dp , but he reads my pm but doesnt respond.

will he get away with this ? i mean will he take back his by any chance ??

asterix, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, he is very likly to win. Paypal doesn't seem very fair and generally comes down on the side of the buyer- I have found in the last year or two....

Pandora, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    asterix likes this.
  3. asterix

asterix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    has something like happend to you before ? i mean someone did the payment reversal for services ?

asterix, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    preyank likes this.
  4. fundu

fundu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree with pandora. You'll probably lose your money as paypal favors the buyer.

fundu, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    asterix likes this.
  5. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, it's not that PayPal favors the buyer like many try to think. PayPal offers limited protection for intangible/digital items. But yes, you possibly will lose the dispute as you cannot provide proof of shipment.

hav0c, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    asterix likes this.
  6. asterix

Best Answers:
    :( thats bad news for me .

thanks all for your responce .

asterix, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  7. masterofdomains106@gmail.

masterofdomains106@gmail. Peon

Best Answers:
    You know what you do, if he opened a chargeback. Send the files to his Confirmed address. Be sure to do that quickly. Yet if he just opened a claim. Paypal doesnt honor intangible items. Call them up and state that this was for a service. They'll shut it down real quick

asterix likes this.
  8. asterix

Best Answers:
    thnx for the tip , the file was sent thru messenger service :( and this happened like 20-25days back.
    i guess i will wait and see what action paypal does.

asterix, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  9. masterofdomains106@gmail.

Best Answers:
    call them and tell them that this was a service

10. Dudleyswarehouse.com

Dudleyswarehouse.com Banned

Best Answers:
    as for dealing with people who didn't get what they wanted or to try and get something for nothing, mostly like it seems paypal will favor the buyer since you can't prove that they got it unless the messenger archived on your computer..what messenger was it that you used to chat with them?

:)

Dudleyswarehouse.com, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    asterix likes this.
  11. asterix

Best Answers:
    msn , but there is not chat history saved. dont think it is going help if i provide it to paypal i could be providing anyone chat history , how would they know it ? unless that email was same as paypal's just wondering.

and what prove does he have i didn't deliver the files or something . i don't know why papal would favor buyer in this case as none of them have proof for the transactions.

asterix, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  12. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could send them screenshots of the PMs you got from him (if any)? It's a pity it's happened to you, the same thing happened to me too.. an advertiser started a dispute on paypal and I ended up refunding her in full (I didn't wait for paypal to refund the money). It just wasn't worth the trouble. But yeah, in your case a lot of time was probably spent for the design so have a go at proving your case to paypal - you won't win unless you try! :) G'luck.

crumblepie, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  13. asterix

Best Answers:
    no pm either , looks like i am in bad luck .
    as i inbox reached limit quiet often i have to often delete pm's once in 15-20 days . his pm was sent almost like 25-30 days back.

well i guess this is going to end up what paypal decides , probably in favour of buyer :( .

thanks all for your response , i will wait and see what happens.

asterix, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  14. masterofdomains106@gmail.

Best Answers:
    If It Is A Dispute Over A service Item Or An Intangible Item. They Will Not Favor With The Buyer. In Fact They Will Send Him A Message Stating That They Don't Honor Those. Now If Its A Chargeback With His Credit Card You Are Unfortunate...

you will get the money back as its in paypal's terms of service

15. Neorics

Neorics Peon

Best Answers:
    simply put you're screwed, i got the same experience, i wish i knew this before but i didn't and it cost me $85 USD, quite high a price to learn to be more careful next time...

i got a tip for you though, make the payer write a statement when sending the payment to you next time stating exactly what he is paying for and he knows that he is paying for a service is knowingly doing the deal

another thing you can do is, claim and cancel, i think it still works but i'm not sure, what you got to do is make the buyer pay then tell him to submit a claim and then to cancel it, of course make up like a good bogus excuse why he wants to submit a claim and another good bogus excuse why he canceled the claim, then after doing this you can be assured that by sending the files now would not allow him to submit any more claims

finally the email exchange, you can make a draft of a statement and send it to him asking him to fill in some details on a form and that by sending the email back to you he states that he is hiring you to do a service, you can use this kind of evidence to resolve claims later

well good luck man and hope you learn from this experience, too bad you had to learn it the hard way like i did...

Neorics, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    asterix likes this.
  16. Knight Rider

Knight Rider Guest

Best Answers:
    If the payment was large, mail him a letter with the download link for the files, registered mail and then give paypal the tracking number.

Knight Rider, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  17. dmbjrjr

dmbjrjr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had something similar happen but here is what I did to win...

When you respond to the dispute it ask what carrier you shipped with, select other and then put "Virtual Item" and then on the comment put "Digital Service."

I was told this information from someone at PayPal and I won my dispute. Hope that helps.

dmbjrjr, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    asterix likes this.
  18. traffic4sale

traffic4sale Banned

Best Answers:
    since he escalate it. send paypal of a screen shot or files telling that he likes your service. and for that paypal will believe you.

traffic4sale, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  19. John_McCann

John_McCann Banned

Best Answers:
    Mail him the files again, and then send a screenshot to Paypal from your sent mail, shwing them your mail sent!

John_McCann, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  20. asterix

Best Answers:
    It came in favor of me , i.e seller . i did what dmbjrjr suggested . and thanks a lot dmbjrjr :)

and thanks a lot to others too.

asterix, Mar 27, 2008 IP