1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

will you say this spamming or its increasing post copunt ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dpking, Feb 25, 2008.

im here on dp for a while now and ... noticed that every one is busy in increasing post counts .. worthless post ... post with no meaning ... meaning less post ..
    lets take an example of this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=723854

In Google forums a Guy asked:

and dp members replied:

and see this guy:
    w3bmaster (Join Date: Mar 2006, Location: Buzau / Romania, Posts: 10,678 )
    Instead of understanding the question asked he started his theory
    Just have a look at that thread .. one full page of worthless comments ....

The guy was confused with PR ratings ... he was considering PR1 Higher and PR10 Lower ... and this big mess made him more confused ...

According to me such things need to be stopped else users will loose faith from DP.

Thanks

dpking, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    My issue is where do you draw the line at? How do you propose to stop such posts is something I am also very curious. What is the criteria that you propose such that a post is considered a genuine post and another is considered a spam or just a useless post to increase post count?

wisdomtool, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  3. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums Like Google is a Place where webmasters come and discuss there problems ... and according to me some one will only ask his/her question if the person will get straight answer ... I saw such lame answers written by some senior DP members that for a while i was lost .. Lol ... Lame answers by New Users are ok because they dont have much knowledge ... but you simply cant tolerate it from a senior member..
    I don't know how to stop but one have to understand of its own .. because its our forum !

dpking, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I can understand where you are coming from. But the problem is it is not easy for the mods to determine which is just trying to add to post count and which is genuine posts.

This is a more subjective rather than an objective view and to do moderating on who is actually adding to post counts and who is just giving a simple answer can be tough. At least for me, I can't really think of a good solution.

I guess the mods will definitely welcome your suggestions if you have thought of a method to implement such moderation objectively. Members of the forums would definitely benefit from not having to skim through all the "Thank you" etc post count++ posts in order to get at the real answers.

5. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    Common Sense.... If one cant use that then he/she don't deserve to be a Mod.

dpking, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ, it is easy to say common sense, but when moderating a forum of such size. You need properly laid down rules and regulations that users can understand and mods can implement. Common sense would be great but if everyone of us share common grounds but I am afraid this is not the case here. I guess this forum is made out of members from all over the world. IMHO, just using common sense to moderate will just create chaos.

7. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear I understand what exactly u want to say !!
    Forum users plays an important role in the success of a forum.. this thread is made so that users will realize the mistake ... ... I don't have any suggestion if i was having one i must have started this thread under Suggestions & Feedback section and must have asked mods to give -ve to all the users on that thread !!

This is a request or You can say a suggestion for Users not for Mods !! Because Its a place for the users by the users.

dpking, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    well i see where you going and what you're trying to convey here but from a view point, the quotes you posted make sense in how users reply.

one user replied "you got it right 1st time"
    meaning yes what you said earlier in the sentence was right - "I thought the higher pr"

and w3bmaster replied pr is not important
    thats true as well, and we dont want to give the impression to OP there that PR is the only thing that matter and matter VERY much.

if viewed from different view points, all are still on topic and trying to help and give info to the person who ahve no idea about PR. DP = collective support

kaung, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  9. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    The guy who posted this thread have username seobeginner Join Date: Feb 2008, Posts: 38
    Its quite clear that the guy dont have that much knowledge .. and thats why he gave a example ....

Well about pagerank have a look at:
    http://www.searchengineblog.com/2007/12/does-pagerank-affect-serps.html
    or just go through with this:
    report on the effect of PR.

Always remember Higher PageRank = High Crawl rate !

Its not the only factor but it is among the factors counted.

dpking, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  10. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, Theres no certain policy on spam posts.. I'd rather call them Increasing post count with value less posts.
    But, its the MODS who will decide the nature of the post.
    For me, you are also running up your post count by posting this crap here, but other members may not think like that.

Peace Out

Abhik, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  11. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well then wouldn't your opening post also be classed as trying to increase your post count as well?

Wait why am i commenting this, my post count is now increasing as well with a post that does not really contribute.

Then you will probably reply to my comment, gaining you another post.

It goes on and on, let the mods decide

mitcharr, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  12. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:

Well guys m talking about giving some sensible reply.... if some one asking for a question or telling you his/her problem atleast reply him after getting what exactly the person is asking !!!

dpking, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  13. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my dear friend! instead of blaming moderator/admin of forum, why don't you guys use "report post" option..if you find it spam in any case...

c4cyber, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  14. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    have a look into this thread and let me know who blamed admin or moderator ?

dpking, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  15. FDJustin

FDJustin Peon

Best Answers:
    I think banning the phrase 'plz PM me for more info' would do a lot to lower artificial post counts. I like to look through the marketplace to see what people are offering, and I see pages, and pages of that shit where the original post either gives all the details, or asks the -reader- to PM -them- asking for details.

If you're going to post asking for more details, legitimately - Then specify what it is you're confused about, and give the original poster a chance to clarify it for everyone in that thread instead of asking for a PM to raise your post count.

I'll note post count to join date ratio means very little.
    I have a lot of posts because I leave these forums open all day and happen to be fairly active. It's easy to get 60-70.. Whatever my count is up to when you have a tab in your browser that's always pointing here and always logged in. When the novelty wears off a little my activity will drop, and I'll get more actual work done too :p

FDJustin, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  16. dansgalaxy

dansgalaxy Peon

Best Answers:
    COMPLETELY AGREE

i really wish i could get to be a admin or mod her to try and help, and to be honest it seems most of the web (people who arnt dp freq posters) have already lost respect..

and the forum is a little bit of a joke becase of the high violume of pointless posts and spammy nonsense.

Personally i think it needs drastic action and clear guidelines..

Dan

dansgalaxy, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  17. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    After the ban on VCC and currency trading, the number of people screaming that had been scammed had been drastically reduced. The forum is not a joke, it is an extremely high volume forum, definitely some posts may be spams but I had seen the mods doing very well to rid the forums of most of the spams and scams.

If there are any left, do feel free to report. We as DP members also need to do our part to keep DP clean.

wisdomtool, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  18. onlinemoney

onlinemoney Banned

Best Answers:
    There's many informative replies given by senior members too on that post ... have a look at it ...

if u think its spammy ... then there are many more threads here much useless then this one u stated .. with having no sense at all ....

y to offence on it frd... Admins n mods are doing their best to keep it clear....

Hv Fun and get ur best from this forum to earn and gather knowledge too

onlinemoney, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  19. seobeginner

seobeginner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was asking a question , its not my responsibility what crap people reply with

seobeginner, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  20. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    No one blamed u mate !! :rolleyes:

dpking, Mar 5, 2008 IP