1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dear digital point

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by webinsane, Feb 25, 2006.

I am in Montenegro and I understand that many advertisers don't want to show ads in my country. I have been using USA proxy to see ads on google from USA perspective but it slows down my modem connection.

Where can I for free see all ads displayed for certain keywords in all countries or in US.

Thanks

webinsane, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  2. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  3. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    Deano, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  4. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys...

webinsane, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    The first link doesn't do it, I still only get sponsered links from Australia

The Digital Point link doesn't show up my ads which are around the top 5 so it's no good either.

So I guess it's back to the proxy, you may have to hunt around to find a proxy that doesn't affect your speed, they are out there.
    I finally bought a program that utlities an SSH-tunnel. It lets you slip past your ISP and you can surf the internet anonymously.
    You can use it for a lot of other things as well ;) which is a bonus.
    http://www.secure-tunnel.com/?CFID=2402956&CFTOKEN=24685142

It's bloody ridiculous that because you are in one country you can't view ads in another region. It's the www (world wide web) for fu**s sake but Google can't comprehend that and decides what we can and can't view, it's an oblique form of censorship :mad: .

We want to purchase products from other countries but Google decides we have to find them the hard way. How stupid is that, their should at the very least be an option to view ads in other regions.

I couldn't use Adwards if I couldn't actually see where my ads are sitting because the information Google provides is mostly wrong.

Cyclops, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  6. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Finally the post I was looking for. So many ads are showing now you are the greatest because this proxy is much faster and I owe you big one. Thanks

webinsane, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  7. bizmart

bizmart Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can see it on google.com. Do a search for let’s say, “computer monitors” and you’ll end up with a url in the address bar that looks something like this:

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=computer+monitors&btnG=Search

add “&gl=us” to the end of that string so that it looks like the example below and press enter

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=computer+monitors&btnG=Search&gl=us

You should then see the sponsored ads that will display to US based searchers. Do a before and after test to see the difference.

As far as I know you can substitute “us” for other standard country codes too, such as “gb” for Great Britain. It might take some trial and error though.

You might also want to change your preferences on the google homepage so that when your search results are returned you get 50 results instead of the usual 10 on the first page. That way, you should see the majority of sponsored ads all lined up on the first page.

bizmart, Feb 27, 2006 IP
    Cyclops likes this.
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Thanks Bizmart, that works, best bit of info I have seen in a long time.

Cyclops, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  9. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adamjthompson, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  10. bizmart

bizmart Active Member

Best Answers:
    You’re welcome Cyclops. I’m glad it works for you.

bizmart, Feb 27, 2006 IP