1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$150 for the winner $50 second place for designing a bag label

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DustyDog

DustyDog Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi ProteinDude,

Here is my attempt as a graphic:

[​IMG]

And here it is what it would look like on the bag:

[​IMG]

Feedback appreciated, as always. :)

Thanks,

DD.

DustyDog, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is my final revision before you decide on the top three and changes etc.

I simply changed the 'fully instantised' part on this one.

Original on left; revision on right.

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Davey.

DaveyBoy, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  3. A-L_E-X

A-L_E-X Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another try :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A-L_E-X, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  4. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys. You just keep getting better and better. I am off to work now but I will be back with some feedback. While my mind is filtering through the many fabulous designs the contest is not over. I also like DustyDog new entry but like I said will come back with feedback and will give the finalists the option to do the changes if they wish before I pick a winner. I promise I won't let this run forever so maybe even tonight (my time-another 12 hrs from my current post) I will decide to close the contest and choose the exact finalists.

proteindude, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    A-L_E-X likes this.
  5. Imba.Unknown

Imba.Unknown Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for sharing that.

Imba.Unknown, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys once again thanks for a terrific competition. I will provide the feedback and then I will announce the finalists.

Ari: #91 looks great (I trust you received the payment for these REQUESTED changes)

Cipixxx: #94 Thanks for the entry. They both look good but the first one is a little too busy. Great concept but I need something simpler. The second one also looks good but it has just a little too much white. Had the competition not been so tough I would have requested some changes. But I am fortunate to have so many strong designs.

DustyDog: #91. Thank you for the submission. It's so me. I like it except for the part with the white shape for the 3kg. The problem is I seem to like it a lot but mostly everyone else that I showed the bags to seem to not like it as much as I do. They seem to think there isn't enough white and it needs to have the WPC letters bigger and move the rest of the text a little lower. Dusty, although you are not a finalist but if you want to add one more try you could still snatch the victory from the top three below.

Governor: #102. They look super cool. Both of them are great.

Alex: #103 Once again I must thank you for the great effort but it still looks a touch too complex and I wanted something simpler. Always great to see you enter my contests and I am terribly sorry to dissapoint you again.

And while it's been a pleasure running another contest here (I only run contests at dp) I again have the tough choice to choose the winners. The FINALISTS are: Davey Boy, Coolwanz and Ariestoteles. Guys it's up to you to continue in this contest. If you do, here's what I need you to do so I can choose a winner.

ARI: #91 Write fully Instantised slightly smaller. Move up the 3kg but only a little and also move up and again only a little the words Manufactured by one of America's.... Also when you post it please post both the bag and the "flat" design

DaveyBoy: #87 Move everything on the bag up a notch. Also bring the 3kg slightly towards the centre but still keep it to the side. I am not sure if you can do this but I'll ask you anyway. Can you also present this in a more red and white bag just like Ari and Coolwanz did? If not then just leave it as it is. One other thing is if you can have the white background for WPC also go a little to the side just like in Ari's image so in other words that white segment will also go on the sides. Same request as to Ari, when you post the changes, please post both the "flat" image and the bag.

Coolwanz: #80 Looks good but the fonts you used don't look as modern as Davey and Ari. The overall design is very pleasing but I need some slightly more modern fonts and also fully instantised needs to be a little smaller. Also, please post both the "flat" image as well as the bag.

If anyone else wants to post a last minute entry you can do that but these finalists are really what I am looking for. Again, I want to say thanks to everyone else who took part.

proteindude, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  7. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Julian,

Thanks, I will work on the changes. Not sure what you mean by red and white bag, a red bag is just a red bag to me lol so will have to leave that change as a bit unsure. Regarding the white around the sides, is this going to be part of the design? I thought we were only designing within the space allowed on the front. I'll do it anyway, just wondered.

The rest of the changes are fine and i'll post those in a few minutes.

Davey.

DaveyBoy, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Davey. Yes you are designing the front part only. If you're the winner I am sure you'll be able to continue the white to the side of the bag. The sides and back do not need any design but just a "continuation" of the front design. Anyway, no need to worry about that.

What I meant about a red and white bag is this, but first let me say you don't have to do it. Both coolwanz and ari have shown a red and white bag from scratch so to speak. Your bag looks like you applied the design onto the bag which is great but the white part looks like it's got some silver underneath. Ari and Coolwanz design don't seem to have that silver in them. But again, you don't have to do this. The way you presented the bags so far is fine. Hope this makes sense.

9. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure J!, will do revisions as your brief.. Thanks for considering my design.

Ariestoteles, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  10. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Julian,

This is my last entry on the contest. The way I do the bag thing is the only way I know how so I have to keep that. It's for preview only so it is doing it's job at least in my opinion. I have made the other changes as per your requests and I have my final design :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers for the good contest again,
    Davey.

11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Davey. Looks really good. Gives me a headache now deciding on a winner. I am off to bed now but I will come back.
    Let's see what Ari comes up with and also coolwanz and then I will make my decision. Sorry if I'm being fussier than usual but this is an important one for me. Once it goes on the bags it would be extremely expensive to change.

12. coolwanz

coolwanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Updated Design as requested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

coolwanz, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  13. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Last entry

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ariestoteles, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  14. DustyDog

DustyDog Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My 'honorable' revision allowance, is coming right up. Thanks. :D

DustyDog, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  15. DustyDog

DustyDog Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Originally, I wasn't going to take another chance in this. I was browsing through the top three and I think they all look great, but then I tried to find something commonly wrong in all of them. I noticed a couple of things, and so I decided to 'fix' them. I also applied some typographical research to this, which was fun.

Well, the other entries are good enough, but I had fun going 'out there' and trying one last time. Haha. :D

Image:
    [​IMG]

Bag:
    [​IMG]

Best of luck with the decision. I can see it's a tough one. :)

DD.

16. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for fixing the errors on all three finalists' entries. Appreciated.

17. DustyDog

DustyDog Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I detect sarcasm.

I didn't mean for it to sound egotistical or better in any childish way. I just meant 'errors' in the context of typography and the rules that it applies. It's merely an opinion - no harm meant. :)

18. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah i was just joking really, you know what Brits are like sunshine ;)

19. DustyDog

DustyDog Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nothing beats argumentative Brit' humour. Nothing at all. :p

20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys. Thanks heaps for the changes. They look awesome. Now the tough task of picking a winner begins. I know which one I like the most but I still need to check with the rest of the management team (meaning mainly the wife). Please allow me about 24hrs. I may come back with the verdict sooner but I need to sleep on it a little. To be honest, I would be satisfied picking any of the 3 finalists or even DustyDog one but I have to pick only one of the 4 magnificent designs. I'll be back soon.