1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$150 for the winner $50 second place for designing a bag label

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 22, 2008.

1. SecureWebDev

SecureWebDev Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i love your photoshoped bags guys lol it looks 100% real =]

SecureWebDev, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  2. nwsn3twrkshp

nwsn3twrkshp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    :Din small view
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

nwsn3twrkshp, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks heaps guys. I must say I am overwhelmed and greatly impressed with the talent that's on display in this thread. I will come back shortly with the feedback (less than one hour from now). I am working on feedback as we speak and I don't just want to throw a line for each design.

SecureWebDev: you are right mate. The bags look awesome.

proteindude, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    mora: #66 It is Romania. Netherlands was ahead of Czech Republic. Of all the designs you submitted this is the one that looks closest to what I was after. I understand this is your last try and I am not asking for changes but just providing feedback. I think the logo needed to be bigger and WPC could have been also bigger. It is a nice pleasant overall design and if it wasn't for the tough competition I am sure with some small changes I would have purchased this from you.

fiona: #67 It is a very pleasant overall design but not enough to distinguish it from the very tough competiton. I am not sure about the shape you've chosen for the logo background. I understand you tried to spice it up a little which is great but I don't think those wave lines was a good idea. They look more suited for a water related product. In actual fact I have a gym I sell to that's got those exact curvy lines for their pool and it looks great.

nw: #68 is still too "busy" for me. I appreciate the great effort but still not heading in the right direction. Both designs are a little too busy.

jamess: good to see you again. Thanks for taking part in this competition. One thing I do (for better or for worse) I ask friends or colleagues for their opinion. I really like your designs but my friends/colleagues think they are OK and at the same time not enough to beat the competition. I really like them, I think they are stylish but this is a very tough contest. I could have worked with these designs and made my friends like them as much as me but I do need to consider other opinions. Very pleasant, very stylish but not enough to beat the other entries.

watari: #70 They look great mate. Also thank you for placing them on the bags. It makes the designs look even better. While they look great, this is a tough competition and although not much separates your designs from the other submissions I do feel several other entries look just a touch more stylish

xaralee: thanks for the entry. It is nice, it's pleasant but perhaps just a touch plain. I am not sure you made the right choice regarding the shape of the logo background. I am sure it could be improved but again, there are some very strong entries it needs to compete with.

A-L E-X: thanks heaps for entering this. Always a pleasure to have you enter my contests. I appreciate how you placed the whole image onto the bag. The WPC is a little too small and just a touch hard to read. While it is a pleasant entry, I think it is just a touch plain. I like simple and stylish and in this contest I am fortunate enough to have other entries that follow these two requirements. I like the white border that you did, but overall I still happen to like a couple of other entries more. Also #79 is similar to what I described above. In a sense better than #73 but still not enough to win it. I also think at #79 the logo was placed a little too high.

Davey: #74 very, very pleasant designs. I like that line which although simple still adds a lot of style to the whole design. I appreciate how you also placed the design on the bags and they look great. I am definitely considering your design but I am not 100% sure on the background you used for the logos. I may still choose it but I still feel it's not quite there as far as the background/white shape you used for the logo. Davey: #77 also looks really good but I think the way you did it the logo should have been white. Not necessarily to place the logo on a white background but just simply change the logo to white. This is a suggestion not a request for change. You're still in my favorite designs.

Cipixxx: contest still open. But just note there are some very strong designs here.

Nebuk: #76 It looks great on the bag and thanks for placing it on the bag. I am sorry to dissapoint you but the design while pleasant still looks a little too complex for me. It looks good on the bag but the logo needed to be bigger and the text easier to read. Overall, a great effort and thanks for this new submission.

Coolwanz: #80 Thanks heaps for placing it on the bag. It looks awesome. I know this is a change I specifically REQUESTED so please send me your paypal and will send you $10 for it. You are still in the running but I appreciate your effort. It looks really, really good.

ARI: I also need you to do something. I really like your design but I do need you to place it on a bag just like coolwanz did. Do this and then send me your paypal and will also send you $10 just for placing it on the actual bag. The one I want you to place on the bag is the one at #40. But also make the logo bigger and move it down slightly and make the bag red and white not red and burgundy. When you make the bag red and white make it like coolwanz did red and white (without the shade of silver if possible).

The finalists at the moment are: (in no specific order) Ariestoteles, Coolwanz and Daveyboy. I am still considering Imba design. The contest is still open but these are the entries you need to beat if anyone else is thinking of continuing or entering this. I may need to get an early night today but once I am fully decided on the top three finalists I will suggest the changes that I want and then it's up to the finalists whether or not they will do those changes to win this contest.

5. A-L_E-X

A-L_E-X Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for the feedback MR BEST CONTESTS HOLDER :D... Just woke up here and going to university, I'll give it another try when I come back if the contest still open...

Cheers

Alex

A-L_E-X, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ALEX, contest is still open. Thanks for taking part in this and I feel really bad when I have to say it again to a great guy like yourself that your design is not the one. But your attitude is always refreshing. Good luck with your studies. It's guys like yourself and the rest of the great bunch that makes holding contests here such a pleasure. That is why I never run contests anywhere else.

7. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for feedback; here is my last design with the logo in white :

[​IMG]

Davey.

DaveyBoy, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Davey. It looks great. Like I said you are one of the top three. I am waiting on an entry from someone who indicated he may enter but I must say your entry along with Ari and Coolwanz are very strong. I will need to sleep on it a little as this is a very important decision for me.

9. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi PD, thanks for feedback, sure will do your request.

Ariestoteles, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  10. Imba.Unknown

Imba.Unknown Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    very nice designs up here , cheers to all !

Imba.Unknown, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  11. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Edited as requested...

[​IMG]

Ariestoteles, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  12. xaralee

xaralee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow..so many talented people here :)
    It's nice to meet you all here,guys :)

xaralee, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It looks super cool ARI. This will help me choose a winner. Please send me the paypal for payment. The $150 prize plus $50 for second winner looks at this stage like it will be between you, coolwanz and davey (unless someone else comes up with something better). But because I specifically requested this change I want to send you and coolwanz an extra $10 regardless of whether or not you will win the first or second prize. I hope I am making sense.

I need to get some rest now but I will be back tomorrow and hopefully I will have a clearer mind, which is hard to have when there are so many super cool entries.

14. Cipixxx

Cipixxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Attached Files:

Cipixxx, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  15. Imba.Unknown

Imba.Unknown Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    since the contest is over , i would like to ask one question , how did u guys fit the design in the bag so nicely ? i dont seem to get it =,=

Imba.Unknown, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  16. xaralee

xaralee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah..i'd like to ask that one,too.
    Anyway,i've tried couple of ways like color balance (experiment with shadows,midtones and highlights).But the result no good (actually it's not that bad either,it's just not what i wanted).

I saw DaveyBoy design,it's really cool.Perfectly blended.How could you do that ?Do you playing with color balance,too ?

I assumed we used the same software here (photoshop).

xaralee, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  17. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually I spent quite a while learning this a while back, and it's really simple.

In photoshop, you need to change the blend mode of your design layer to 'color' then right-click on the layer in the layers palette and select 'blend options' then uncheck the 'R' for red and it will change to very pale white on your canvas. Then I simply dupe the layer about 6 or 7 times and it will appear as though it's on the bag.

Hope that helps! :)

DaveyBoy, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  18. Cipixxx

Cipixxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can make a video tutorial for those who want to learn this.PM

Cipixxx, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  19. xaralee