1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1500 Day!!

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by SEOGuru, Feb 25, 2006.

1. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    HEre's why I think this guy is BS:

He spent 6 pages getting sprayed with urine and yet he continued to take it, was even good humored about it, wrote a lot of LOL, etc, despite the fact that every post was taking shots at him. If I was him, and I was legit, I wouldn't stay that good natured after the third insulting post, much less for 6 whole pages (which is when I stopped reading; I'm so lazy, I can't stand to read more than 6 pages of posts). This guy kept laughing it off because he wants to sell you something, and he's full of crap.

Honest, legitimate people would NEVER stand for the kind of abuse you guys heaped on him.

jackburton2006, Feb 26, 2006 IP
    bresso likes this.
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People who make tons of money with adsense (or any other method online) don't brag about it, who needs more competition?

lorien1973, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  3. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    The point of the whole thing is that he tried to deceive everyone by hyping a product through the use of several accounts for which he was caught at. This makes him untrustworthy enough to say that buying his product may be a risk from the start.

Yes he may be earning that from them.

Yes his links were not working yesterday on that site and thereby forcing the visitor to either click an adsense ad or type a new address in the bar. Many will opt to click the ad and go to something else that may be of interest thereby giving him a high CTR and thus a high amount of earnings.

Yes there are people who make this kind of money and there is no debate over that fact. It is more the issue of his overall deceipt that has many scrutinizing this whole post.

I found it funny that he contacted me via PM and gave me a link to this website and told me that he was not going to tell anyone else about it and not to bring it up. Yet there were in fact many who had the link. Which I believed was the case anyways. This only means he was cultivating prospective clients and further sewing the seeds for a release of the product. What better way to sell a product than to create a hype like this. Where the product is scrutinized for a period of time before it is actually released.

The only problem with his method is that he tried to play the innocent new poster and did not count on the Mods looking into who he was. The best way to hype the product would have been to find beta testers and actually let them give everyone feedback on their results for a period of time. He of course was not going to do this because his product was no different than any other out there.

TheNetCode, Feb 26, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  4. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of just giving someone a red mark for a post why not at least give your opinion and let us see your reason. At least then we can feel that a red mark is warranted if you believe the poster is wrong.

5. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea, bad execution.

Oh and how hot is ViciousSummer?

Plus Shoemoney never tells us any secrets :p Well until they're not useful anymore! Bah!

Dekker, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  6. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL how rude is that anyways.

And you are right about Summer.

7. speakerwire

speakerwire Peon

Best Answers:
    So I guess we are saying that it is impossible to make $16.50 on a single flower site?

Come on people, any of us can do that.
    In fact just doing a little more research I found two more traffic sources that are even cheaper than the other one. CPV and Metric Direct where you can get targetted traffic for as low as $0.005 per visitor. This ONLY works if the traffic is cheap.

He never offered to sell anything, in fact went out of his way to keep telling people it. I think the fact that he was consistent in everything he said shows that he is either telling the truth or one hell of a con. But don't presume to KNOW what his intentions are especially when there is NO ONE here that can say that he even gave a link to this miracle product or tried to "pitch" anything. He didn't even give a link to a "coming soon" page telling about the product. He didn't even give us the name of it to try to "hype" it up. So how on earth could that be his motive?

This is strange because as insignificant as this whole thing is to me, I find myself not defending him, but defending the principle of the argument.

Are we SO concerned about being right that we can completly blind ourselves from the possibility that it could actually be true?!!! My Gosh, that would mean this guy was butchered for no apparent reason and we can't admit to that of course!

Again, I'm not saying it IS true, but any rational person can look at the figures and know that this is very possible.

I begin to ask myself that if the title of the thread was "My first $50 day" would anyone even be talking about this? Certainly there are LOTS of people who post about their successes. That is not uncommon.

I admit, I'm a little jealous that this guy "MIGHT" be making that kind of money on something that he (self-admittedly) didn't even build. I've worked my ass off on some of my sites and have never made that much, but as a logical person I can look at what he is doing and say "yes it is possible". In fact after finding these other traffic sources, I don't just think it is possible, I think it is highly likely it is true.

speakerwire, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  8. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm?

I meant the OP. He just did a few things wrong.

First, don't sign up with multiple accounts duh.

Start with a smaller number, develop a backstory, especially on this site.

Make a first post, you know I got a friend who developed this program yadda yadda, it's basically like Google Pages and makes sites for you, but it's still in development...so I guess yeah.

Maybe a week later, hey I made like 20 bucks wow!

Then post on the site...you know actually participate in the forum, and disregard your own promotion.

Then say, holy shit I made (insert amount) of dollars!

Because I bet every single one of you is wishing this is true. How many of you went to http://www.seoextremestrategies.com/ and looked for a contact email?

Dekker, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  9. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of newbies crawling out of the woodwork with 2-3 posts defending this thing. Any reasons for this?

lorien1973, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  10. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you may miss the point that it is not about his claim of amount made, but about his overall attempt at deceipt.

Honestly do you think that someone with 2 or 3 accounts on the same forum and using the new one to create a hype is not out to sell you something. Even if the hype is the way he has done here denying he is selling anything it is creating a hype for his product. People will be wanting to know what it is just to see what is different.

Selling something is fine, but come on he tried to deceive everyone by saying he was new to all this. No he did not have to sell anything right now nor claim he was nor give out the link. If he had succeeded then in a month or two you would see a post from his other account touting this new miracle product that was so heatedly contested here on the forums. You cannot tell me that you do not see this as an issue.

11. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    EXACTLY. So many of you hope to god that it is possible to make $20K plus a month with "30 minutes of work", that it is blinding your good judgement. The guy touting this crap is a bold faced liar and some of you still have your eyes closed wishing that this could somehow be true.

It is absoutely possible to make that kind of money on the internet (I know a handful of people that make way more then $20K a month), but you have to be SMART and you have to WORK. There is no such thing as an easy buck, no matter how hard you wish. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ;)...

ViciousSummer, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  12. speakerwire

speakerwire Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you SVZ.

I think his appoach was all wrong if he was trying to build hype in a product. And if he wasn't trying to build hype, it was still wrong. Even if he wanted feedback he approached this community incorrectly.

Any apparent deception certainly damaged his credibility but it does seem that he was attacked long before that happened.

This appears to be a hot topic and I'm sorry if I may appear to be one of the few to take the other side. It is just that we all know that so many things can happen on the Internet. There are always people finding new ways to make money or just implementing old ways more efficiently. That is what I think most of us strive for. When our first reaction is of skepticism, it probably inhibits innovation and an exchange of ideas which is what this site is here for.

13. speakerwire

speakerwire Peon

Best Answers:
    You make a valid point. There is that possibility that his plan was much more long term. But I guess, aside from the credibility, the concept is real. And the channels and keywords and numbers DO add up. You can make money doing this, especially at $0.005 per visitor.

14. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    @speakerwire,

So, when did you sign up for DP? You only have 4 posts, all in this thread, so I'm assuming just recently. I don't wanna sound paranoid, but your sudden presence and the OP's banning seems to be too coincidental. And you are basically the only one defending him. Sounds a little too suspicious to me... Hm....

P.S. And why does your use of "haha" seems suspicously very much like "Schoranti" or "SeoGURU" or whatever the hell his name is? After the period that ends a sentence? Seems like one of those bad Internet habit that's hard to break to me...

15. speakerwire

speakerwire Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what I was talking about. Now I'm being attacked?

I've been reading Digital Point on occassion for a long time. There is good information here. This topic got be raddled though (as if you can't tell). I had to say something because no one was taking the other side.

Is what I'm saying so illogical? Is it so out of the realm of possibility?

DomainMagnate likes this.
  16. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    speakerwire is legit. If you guys suspect duplicate accounts, just report a post by the person you suspect and a mod can check it out. ;)

ViciousSummer, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  17. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    speakerwire:

Schoranti/SEOguru:

Look, I'm just saying... :)

18. speakerwire

speakerwire Peon

Best Answers:
    Jackburton, I completely respect you and everyone else here. But I think that it could just be slightly paranoid to let your mind wander just because I think that the concept can work.

19. polik

polik Peon

Best Answers:
    Erm, to be honest, I'd call the whole Adsense market 'easy money'.

*Waits for flames* :D

PS - Me and SEOGuru and Schoranti and speakerwire are all the same person. :eek: :cool:

polik, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  20. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    After reading your posts again and viewing the stats, you are right.

IamNed, Feb 26, 2006 IP