1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Independence of Kosovo !?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by 0lgi, Feb 16, 2008.

1. blackhumor

blackhumor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that most people in here are just repeting what they hear in their media...

I'm am from Greece (the Greek part of Macedonia) and if someone search for history of the Balkans it can easily see the history of Kosovo.

To give you an example:
    If Kosovo has his intipentance it's like ChinaTown (that 99% of people that living there are chinece) have their intipentance in USA, or any other citizens of USA that are located in one town-terratory (for example Italians, Spainish, Turks, Greeks and many others).

blackhumor, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  2. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    huh...? Thats a funny statement. Theoretically, a country can do whatever they want on their territory, even hung people, everything else means "no independence", do you know that ?

Chechens-Russians hung each other and cut each other for ages, why no one steps in then? I guess you already know the answer, d2 standards ;)

N_F_S, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  3. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    What are Albanians doing in Kosovo? Why they move from Albania to Kosovo and reproducing them selfs like rabbits there? Why they doing the same in Macedonia and Greece? 10 years ago there was not even 15% Albanians in Macedonia,now they are more than 30% and they have seats in the parliament. All of them were fighting against Macedonia at one point. Thats inhuman.

speed100, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  4. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    What did the u.s. do with great britian?

DiscussNow, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  5. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that you shouldn't believe what you see on tv. But where do you think you get your news from? The Media. Do you think your media in macedonia is honestly free of bias and propaganda?

6. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was there.

wisdomtool likes this.
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well at least we will be able to get first hand views on what happen instead of from the media which can be bias and is often bias :)

wisdomtool, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  8. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    You saw everything?

I don't mean to offend you, but I assume that "I was there" means you were in the same country, you were nearby etc etc.

"I was there" for 9/11, and trust me that doesn't remove bias/propaganda.

I'm sure you heard most of what you believe in about the situation from friends/family/news. When horrible things and rough times are combined, alot of things can be exaggerated/twisted.

"Believe half of what you see, and none of what you heard."

9. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was organizing the buses for the refugees from Kosovo to Macedonia. The same refugees who later attacked Macedonia.
    This is my final post. I shouldn't even bother from the beginning.

10. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Not actually IMHO, first hand experiences beats any media reports, thanks for taking the troubles to update us.

wisdomtool, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  11. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, i'm not trying to offend or criticize you. I do not know you or the situation you were in, so don't get offended when I probe around to make sure what I'm hearing from you is legitimate. Do not stop posting over my questions, I am only trying to clarify the situation...

12. LoCo

LoCo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Serbia just attacked because UCK was formed, and whatever serbia did IN serbia, is problem of serbia and no other country, serbia is not part of EU nor any other money orientaded organisation and plz dont act like albanians are the good guys, they are the one that fled to serbia to get a new home and far away from their ex dictator, serbia was giving them a place to be and now they declare independence ? i call this unthankful and greedy..

LoCo, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are only 6.4 million Serbs and Serbs will soon be a minority in their own country.

bogart, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  14. LoCo

LoCo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LoCo, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  15. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  16. LoCo

LoCo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow thats actually really low :(

LoCo, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The 6.4 million probably doesn't include the 220,000 Serbs that fled Kosovo in 1999

The Albanians have the youngest population and Europe and have a 2.9% growth rate.

bogart, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  18. Algert

Algert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You just don't understand one thing, Albanians have lived there for centuries and they are ethnic population. They have not moved from Albania to Kosovo or Macedonia.

[​IMG]

this are (the red ones) the real borders of Albania before division in 1919 and it is documented.

Algert, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  19. eves

eves Peon

Best Answers:
    i briefly looked around historic maps and couldnt find albania ever be anything close to that size. in what time period did that land belong to albania?

eves, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  20. Algert

Algert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as I said it was before the division in 1913
    you can see here the Albanian ethnic boundary at this websites
    www.alb-net.com/amcc/images/macalb1.gif
    http://www.lisanet.jhost.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=497&Itemid=101

In December 1912, the Great Powers (the forerunners of NATO) - Britain, Germany, Russia, Austro-Hungary, Italy and France - met in London to divide the unexpected spoils. The conference handed an independent Albanian state to Austro-Hungary and Italy. But the price was a great diminishment in its geographical scope. Kosovo was given to Serbia, Cameria to Greece, the most luscious and productive lands and more than half of all Albanians were left out of the new independent homeland. Such was the nature of territorial comprises at that time that it created more problems than it solved. Two news ones were born that day and hour: a Yugoslav-Albanian flaring animosity and a Greek-Albanian mutual denial. The unfortunate and tragicomic German who was appointed to administer Albania (Wilhelm zu Wied) departed soon thereafter with the outbreak of the first World War.

http://samvak.tripod.com/pp32.html

have a look at this small writing

Algert, Feb 25, 2008 IP