1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help: Why does a link search on my site returns nothing on Google?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jameskm03, Feb 24, 2008.

I hope that I'm posting this in the correct location?

I was looking at my Google Webmaster Tools for my site doteduguru.com
    It has 0 listed for external links. I set this site up almost two months ago so I thought that was really weird. I know that it's indexed in Google because I can search on it and find pages. Problem is when I do a link:doteduguru.com search it returns absolutely nothing. If I do the exact same search on Yahoo it returns almost 1,000 Inlinks. It still doesn't have a PR so maybe all that is tied together and I just need to wait until May.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this? Is there a way to contact Google or does it just take longer for this data to become available? Any help or tips would be great.

jameskm03, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  2. Octane

Octane Peon

Best Answers:
    Octane, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Use Google webmaster tools to check your backlinks. Google updates your number of links every blue moon and when it does, it does not display all of them.

mightyb, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  4. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In case you wonder why G doesn't bother showing all the links, antiexcessive SEoing of websites looks like the main reason.

MSN also is helpful and many other search engines, but Google.

uca, Feb 24, 2008 IP
    jameskm03 likes this.