1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do many of you hate Vista?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by largn81, Feb 22, 2008.

1. leader

leader Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you really want to know why I hate Vista? OK, I will tell you.

I recently purchased a Dell XPS Red laptop from BestBuy. The laptop had Windows Vista Ultimate preinstalled on it. After waiting 24 hours for the battery to be charged to prevent battery issues, I turned on the computer and set everything up. Upon completing everything, I found out that Vista had an annoying assistant called UAC, which asks you if you want to continue a task. That feature integrated into Vista was very annoying, so I completely disabled it. I also noticed that some of the services or processes running were unnecessary. I had 80 services running when I first started up the computer, and on my XP laptop, I only had 14 services. The 80 services made the Vista laptop with 2GB ram and a Intel Dual-Core Processor seem slower than my XP laptop with 512MB ram and a Centrino Processor. I have tweaked Vista to make the computer faster, but it is still quite slow.

Basically on Vista, you trade performance for appearance. Whereas on XP, you have both performance and appearance. The reason why many people like Vista is the GUI (The user interface) which looks absolutely stunning as compared to XP. If you are a multi-tasker like I am, then I suggest sticking with XP. However, if you only use your laptop to browse the web and do simple tasks, then Vista is OK to use.

leader, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. mds

mds Active Member

Best Answers:
    XP is much better and easier. Had problem with Adobe too on VISTA

mds, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. movidalatina

movidalatina Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why do people hate vista? speaking for myself;
    because you have to go out of your way to get
    this, to get that. Microsoft is a private company
    not the net police. if people want to download
    illegal crap from online. let them get in hot water
    not for MICROSOFT to decide! this holier than thou
    attitude sucks. and you id!ots that favor vista?
    want a corporation to know everything you do online
    what sites you visit, so that they can serve more ads
    to you in the future?

movidalatina, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  4. Loonm

Loonm Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista runs smooth on my computer, but it requires too much cpu. And i run programs that require alot of it, like bruteforcers and search programs, thanks why i prefer XP.
    I also don't like vista because it has many many mac os ripoffs... And i don't like it cuz it's basically the same XP, but requires more CPU and RAM because of some useless processes that i don't really understand, i'm sure they made for a security reasons, i don't need that i can understand what happens with my computer by myself...
    just fancy apple-like look..

Loonm, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  5. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    My problem with vista is that it doesn't give me enough new features to make it worth the upgrade. it's also a resource hog so you need to upgrade your computer if you don't have enough ram, fast enough cpu, big enough hard drive etc...

There's not enough new stuff in there to make it worth the upgrade for me.

BoBByCooL, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  6. BrightStarStaff

BrightStarStaff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not as quick and light as Mac OS X Leopard... Just get a Mac and fix your slowness :p

BrightStarStaff, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  7. Soprano

Soprano Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista strains the PC's performance too much. I'll say stick with XP at the moment, wait for hardware to improve and prices to go down, then upgrade!

Soprano, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  8. nedim

nedim Guest

Best Answers:
    It took me more than seven days to remove vista from my laptop.
    I bought laptop with preinstalled Vista, and I couldn't dual/boot XP, without some another extra tools and make it work.
    Anyway, I decided to stay on Vista, but after a while I had realised that lot of programs which I need, don't work with Vista, also a huge amount of updates and upgrades start getting on my nerves.
    I had bad experience twice with Vista, because it just doesn't want to start working ... sounds crazy, but I had to use reinstall packaged again and offcourse I have lost all information I had before.
    After days and days of deinstalling Vista and installing XP, I have XP on my comp again, I am happy again.
    Stay away from Vista if You want "to own Your computer and all information inside it by yourself".

nedim, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  9. emphi

emphi Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone complaining about Vista being slow obviusly has crappy hardware. Even if you bought a new computer with Vista preinstalled and its slow - well it should be a wake up call for you to realise you've been cheap and bought a crappy computer.

Get the right hardware, and Vista will run smooth as hell. I have not had any problems with program compability yet, and the though of going back to XP now just makes me laught. Just as it did after being with Vista for one month. It takes a week or two to get used to - then you'll never go back.

emphi, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  10. muffinsincream

muffinsincream Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate Vista because I get no added benefit from it, and have to buy the right hardware for it when I can run XP fine on a 3 year old computer. So essentially I need a new computer to run the same old stuff with Vista.

muffinsincream, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  11. iceshards

iceshards Guest

Best Answers:
    I hate it because it is not as friendly as XP... Many changes where done...

I'm confused on where....

iceshards, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  12. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As I said in the last thread on this topic - Yeah, because a Q6600 with 4 gigs of RAM and a 640 meg Ge8800GTS is 'crappy hardware'

RIGHT.

deathshadow, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  13. emphi

emphi Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine you should have any problems running Vista with that hardware. If you really do, I'd say you've got bad/wrong drivers - which caused me a lot of problems in the beginning as well, but the second I got propper drivers - everything worked as a dream.

emphi, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  14. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We don't hate Vista. We hate Microsoft, its entire catalog of products and any of its subsidiaries, side project companies and partners. :D

Whoever said we hated Vista? :confused:

mike323, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  15. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    nForce 4 chipset mainboard - latest drivers. Audigy 2 - latest drivers - Ge8400GS and Ge8800GS - latest drivers.

Sorry, try again... Though I am wondering if the 'problem' is that the FIRST thing I do is turn ALL the goofy eye-candy bullshit I didn't ask for OFF, going to 'windows classic' and killing ANYTHING remotely resembling a shadow, transparancy or animation. (at least Vista lets you actually TURN that **** off, unlike a certain fat bloated... 'proactive' OS I can think of - see picture below for explanation of 'proactive')

But remember, I'm the guy who's usage patterns can make every version of Firefox from 0.89 to 2.x 'hang' using 100% cpu and have to have it's task killed in under 20 minutes use REGARDLESS OF MACHINE OR OS... I can sit down on someone's machine who's never had a problem, visit simple sites like slashdot, OSNews, DP, etc, and STILL crash the thing in under 20 minutes.

There's a reason I used to work in stress testing in the 90's. (and why I laugh at companies that don't use UL)

BTW - AMIRITE?
    [​IMG]

deathshadow, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  16. trevomanut

trevomanut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup guys.I confirm that Vista sucks.
    I will give you an example
    I got like 2gb of Ram,250 GB of HD and 256 MB Video card.On XP I can do the following processes simultaneously-Burn a DVD disk at 8x speed,Download a movie with around 42 kylobytes per second,run 4-5 messengers(Yahoo,MSN,ICQ,Skype,IRC),Watch a movie with Crystal player,Surf the web with Firefox and Play my favorite game(Anno 1701).I run all these processes and everything is perfect.Runs as usual.

With Vista I can't do shit. :(
    I received a Benq laptop with installed german version of Vista.It sucks.The laptop has almost the same parts as my desktop PC(the only different thing is the hard disc space).
    I start burning a DVD and I open my winamp to listen music.The quality of the music sucks.
    I open my Winamp and start a game(Call of Duty 1).It took me like 30 mins for the game to load.So it sucks
    I open my Winamp,start a movie and open Firefox to browse the net.Takes me like 5 min to load a page and the movie...I am hearing voices but the images on the movie are not moving.It sucks.

I can continue all day and point out the cons of Windows Vista.
    PS Vista is the nick name of the Devil :D

trevomanut, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  17. johnwill

johnwill Peon

Best Answers:
    its not compatible with sh*t!!! i have programs thats not even stable in vista that i use on a daily, i will not venture over to vista untill they put out a few service packs.

the seeder
    seedmonster.com

johnwill, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  18. Fangled

Fangled Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista works great, I used to hate it but I got a laptop with it allready installed and found it a nice operating system to use. I still use XP on my PC, but i don't hate vista... its the future lol

Fangled, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  19. thing2b

thing2b Member

Best Answers:
    Vista is good.
    I like it.

thing2b, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  20. Adam West

Adam West Peon

Best Answers:
    i hate vista. i dont know why i just dont like it

Adam West, Feb 24, 2008 IP