1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the current average mental age of the directory owner?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by JamieG, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am very new to the directory field, but I found one I think will serve me well. It has a lot of room for improvement and forums like this offer the promise of being able to share the experience and wisdom of others. I realize there will be a lot of bad information and bad actors sharing it, but I hope my years of online experience will be my guidance.

Unfortunately, my observation over the last couple of weeks is that JamieG enjoys the controversy and confrontation. That might be OK under normal circumstances, but you are a representative of a major directory script. You are not being the asset to phpLynx that you could be. It's a shame because its a promising script, but you are turning customers away with your incessant arguing and condescending demeanor. I have seen this in post after post. You obviously do not.

This is an insulting topic and it is an affront to all directory owners. You are turning would-be allies away from you and the company you represent. I have never been a fan of the "rep" system on forums, primarily for the reasons you are riled up about. However, your reaction is giving the person who rep'ed you a boner. You react negatively to a lot of stuff that you should just let go of. Instead, you give people just one more reason why your product might not be the mature product they're looking for.

Your marketing efforts are having a negative effect and any real marketing your company does will have to work twice as hard to undo the rep you are giving the company.

At least think about it.

Grump

Grump, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    britishguy and YMC like this.
  2. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jamie.... just a FYI... there is a member floating around by the name of 'leet' so maybe it wasn't unsigned.

Anyway, didn't read the rest as I was guilty of something similar myself so I have no place to comment.

SilkySmooth, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A good point, at the same time i know of leet here a turkish guy, and he seems very friendly, very cool, i cant imagine him ever doing that.

Next time you get a rep Jamie, do a Lilly Allen, just go ahead and smile

pipes, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    leet likes this.
  4. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    lol, Made me feel better already. :)

JamieG, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "Highly courteous???" Let's see:

• What is the current average mental age of the directory owner?
    • the anonymous poster with the mentallity of a swamp frog
    • go play with some playstation games where you can play the bad guy.
    • Whoopy Fu**** Doo!
    • the little runt with the overwhelming desire to run about leaving pathetic messages like that
    • would love to see the clown say something in my face

That brings a whole new meaning to the definition of courtesy. :rolleyes:

Jim4767, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    YMC likes this.
  6. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nice comments, it made me laugh....:D

xc06, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    El Oh El!

hahaha

an0n, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  8. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Jamie you didn't really handle this very well but I can see where you are coming from. Many people here worship phpLD. It satisfies their needs, but as I mentioned in another thread they are too happy with it to consider using another script when they start a new directory.

It also happens that many of the PR farmers used phpLD. Many of them are generally quite defensive when it comes to their directories, the google issues. They are also quite agressive towards anyone that doesn't support phpLynx or crappy directories.

One of the supporters of phpLynx, the pheonix wrote a lot of stuff that many directory owners just couldn't handle. He was soon chased out of town. After a few quiet months you have arrived. Again, you are probably saying the stuff they can't handle.

phpLD isn't the only script in town, but few people care. Your honesty and bold posts upset people. The shotguns are out and people want you out of town. Stack up the ammo and be in for a long fight. I'm up for it, are you?

mikey1090, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  9. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I know Mikey and it's a mistake I won't make again. :eek: As for the long run, you bet. :D

JamieG, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  10. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oops, no, this has nothing to do with me :) Thanks for the compliments though :)

leet, Feb 24, 2008 IP
    buffalo and pipes like this.
  11. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    It's not a problem leet, It was the word someone posted, = phpld leet. I actually took it to mean he or she was thinking phpld was elite but couldn't spell. :p All history now, I've put 3D glasses on now so I can't be bothered with rep whatever colour as I can't tell which is which. :D

JamieG, Feb 24, 2008 IP
    humm likes this.
  12. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Rep's? By opening a post against the neg repper you make the dude feel, ahhh my actions affects the dude, lemme repeat the same next time.

Dude get over such thing, some people love distributing red love. And regarding the phpld effect with the comment, there are a lot of phpld lovers here. I am one of them... but I don't spread red love unless emergency. :D

humm, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  13. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    mikey1090, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  14. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just when it looks like this thread is finally going to die...though I must admit, nice detective work mikey.

YMC, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  15. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice one mikey, don't think we'll give this guy any more airtime than he deserves, as YMC said the thread is dead and those that count gave me some green to help me lick my wounded heart. :D

JamieG, Feb 26, 2008 IP