1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site wide link strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tbarr60, Feb 23, 2008.

I have several sites with hundreds of pages that I can add site wide links to. I am now working on a site that is older and has gradually moved down from top 5 rankings down to the 30 or 40s over the last few years.

I am thinking about adding site wide links from my sites to the site that I am working on. Will I get much lift from adding thousands of site wide links? Should I add them all at once or add them weeks or months apart?

tbarr60, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I will suggest that do not go for site wide links, it will not give weight. if you get bulk links within short time it might affect negatively.
    i would suggest you to get content link from relevant sites. let me know if you need any type of help.

you can pm me if you have any query.

all the best

seojig, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. vitalman

vitalman Peon

Best Answers:
    GOOD LORD... NO! :eek:

That will look totally unnatural to Google and you'll get penalized.. if not banned...

Slowly add links.. and stay away from run-of-site links

vitalman, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  4. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    You will be ok to add those links, as long as your site has been around for a while..
    You would be better off finding relevant links or even good blog posts for serp position.

zingo, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  5. savantcreative

savantcreative Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by sitewide links?

savantcreative, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  6. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    Some experts think that identical multiple links from the same site only count as one link. In other words, the extra links are redundant.

billybw, Feb 23, 2008 IP
    Tim_Myth likes this.
  7. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. A few links on a couple of pages would do just as good as a site-wide, and the site wide's might actually the sites doing the linking since they could look like paid links.

Tim_Myth, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  8. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Considering Google looks down on link exchanges you want to figure out how to built them naturally, this is done by providing rich unique content that people would want to link to. Remember, the best type of inbound link you can get would be a one-way, from a site relevant to yours.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66356

astup1didiot, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would have considered site wide (a link on every page in the site) as not so valuable but the links that Google aknowledges in a link: search often has side wide links listed and when I check for all links using @: I get a great variety of links that are not acknowledged in the link search including Google directory.

Here's an example:
    link:www.occfug.org
    @:www.occfug.org

I also thing Google might value not devalue site wide links these days due to blog formats where you can have certain things in the navigation or right side columns that naturally show up on every page.

tbarr60, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  10. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no matter what everyone else might say, i c sitewide links to be working still. there are several of my competitors using that strategy and they are ranked on the top.

sultanofseo, Feb 23, 2008 IP