1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just signed up with CJ, have some questions.

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Emie., Feb 23, 2008.

I just signed up with CJ and I have a few questions. I don't have a printer so do I HAVE to send a W-9 form to them? Also, I can login and everything, so I'm guessing they don't have to approve me? They just approve everyone instantly?

Emie., Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Q1. You should send in your W9 form, but I know that not everyone does, and they still get paid. It's worth getting someone to print you a copy - you can fax it or mail it in. Better safe than sorry.

Q2. CJ accept pretty much everyone. From the CJ site, have a look for advertisers that you'd like to promote and click the "apply" button. It's being accepted by advertisers that you need to worry about.

Kerosene, Feb 23, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  3. depotgang

depotgang Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ may approve most people but you need to be concerned about getting approve with various advertiser within CJ before you start marketing their content.

Good luck

depotgang, Feb 23, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  4. jshaffstall

jshaffstall Peon

Best Answers:
    Also keep in mind that CJ will deactivate accounts that aren't making sales. It's worth making sure you have decent traffic to your site before signing up, so that you don't run too close to the time limit (I don't remember exactly what it is) while you're ramping up.

Jay

jshaffstall, Feb 23, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  5. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Has this happened to you? And can you then apply again? Because I'm afraid of that this could happen to me. I'm not making any sales yet (but have some clicks).

andrej, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  6. chipdomains82

chipdomains82 Peon

Best Answers:
    Many CJ merchants approve you manually. They will take a look at your website(s) and then approve / deny you. Sometimes you might also be stuck in a "pending review" status. If that lasts for multiple days try to email the program's affiliate manager.

chipdomains82, Feb 23, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  7. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Have a look at the PSA. Your account is only considered 'dormant' after six months without a commission.

Kerosene, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  8. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So they will start charging me monthly using my balance. So if I have earned e.g. $50 and have set the minimal withdraw amount to $1000, I should be fine, shouldn't I?

But of course I'd like to start earning commissions finally, I'm trying to get my RSS ebay script working. :)

andrej, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  9. reinaldo83

reinaldo83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have any sale yet, i'm still building my site, LOL. I hope i can have great profits using this.

Reinaldo.

reinaldo83, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  10. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to have an inactive account, they kick me out after 6 months.
    I've since apply for another account.

cylai, Feb 29, 2008 IP