1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unique Niche Sites: Forex and Weddings

Discussion in 'Sites' started by djazz, Feb 21, 2008.

I'm offering two new content sites, one in the wedding dress niche, and one in the Forex niche. All content on both sites is completely, 100% unique, and if you buy the site you own the copyright, forevermore. Both domains are registered at Namecheap.

I've owned the domain for this first one since 04/07 but only started adding content to it late last month (check Wayback to verify).

http://www.weddingdressideas.net/

I offered this about 2 weeks ago and only got one tiny nibble. Soooo, I thought I'd do some work to give it a jump-start in the traffic department and see if NOW anyone recognizes its potential. Apparently some of you don't realize how spend-crazy brides are!! LOL.

This site has got some killer keywords with low, low competition, and over 45,000 searches per month combined. Around the 1st of Feb. I submitted about a dozen articles to get all the pages indexed, and was recently surprised to see that I've had about 550 uniques so far this month with no other promotion except that.

*BUT* - between yesterday evening and this morning I just published a bunch more articles, and also created some Squidoo lenses to use as landing pages until it's out of the sandbox. So at this moment there are about 90 links pointing to the site itself (spread out across each page), and also about 65 links pointing to the external landing pages (mostly Squidoo, but a handful of Ezine articles to keep them ranked also). And I'll probably submit a few more articles during the day today.

I added Adsense to the site about 36hrs ago, and as of this moment earnings so far are $2.27, fyi. Today's earnings so far this morning are $1.14. Not much, but should give you an idea of the potential after all the articles & backlinks I've got going on now start to show up in the index.

Here's one of the Squidoo landing pages, you can poke around to find the rest of them: http://www.squidoo.com/vera-wang-wedding-dress. My goal was to make these lenses appealing enough that people actually DO click out to the site. I think I achieved that, but it's too soon to have any evidence that I'm right. I'll transfer the lenses over to the buyer, as well as the other accounts where I've published articles (except EzineArticles).

BTW, all the articles I'm submitting are actually unique, and not seen by the SEs as duplicate content. For anyone who is SERIOUSLY considering bidding, I'll send you some links to check out the articles and where they're published. I'll also send screen shots of any information I've given that you'd like to have verified.

Starting bid: $50
    Bid increments: $10
    BIN: $300

Here's the Forex site:

http://www.forex-trading-world.com/

This one is brand spankin' new, domain and all, and it's not even indexed really. Again, I found killer keywords with ridiculously low competition (a couple of them are creeping towards competitive, but if you know what you're doing SEO-wise you'll consider those low also). Over 50,000 monthly searches for these keywords.

If no one offers me a reasonable price for this site I'll just hang on to it for a while. I've got lots of articles ready for it that I just haven't had time to publish, and if someone buys the site at the BIN price I'll make you an outrageous deal on those (seriously). If they were crap articles I'd throw them in free, but the work to create my articles is non-trivial because they are WELL-WRITTEN, WELL-OPTIMIZED and grammatically correct - no spun plr garbage. But, to sweeten the pot I'll throw them in at a price that would make you very happy.

Starting bid: $25
    Bid increments: $5
    BIN: $125

Payments by PayPal only. I don't have a reserve in mind, and I probably won't hold the auction longer than a day or so, depending on interest.

Also, I've never transferred a website although I *technically* know how to do it. If you need help I'll do the transfer, because I also have people I can call if I were to run into any problems. But they're both Wordpress sites, so it shouldn't be too hard.

djazz, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  2. Londinense

Londinense Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $25 for the forex one. :)

Londinense, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  3. Londinense

Londinense Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    By the way, where do you have the domain? How much would it cost to transfer to Godaddy? Tks.

Londinense, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  4. djazz

djazz Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Londinense, thanks for your bid.

Both sites are registered at Namecheap, so if you don't already have an account there you'll need to register (for free), and then it doesn't cost anything to 'push' it over to your account. If you want to transfer it to Godaddy after that it would cost whatever Godaddy charges for a domain for a year, I suppose. However, the Forex site is a new domain I registered earlier this month, so it's paid up there for the next year.

djazz, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  5. wsfarrell

wsfarrell Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I'll start wedding dresses off at $100.

wsfarrell, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  6. djazz

djazz Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your bid, wsfarrell. You're a wise person.

BTW, today's Adsense earnings are up to $2.22 now, with 57 page impressions. :)

djazz, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  7. jdljdl

jdljdl Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $30 for the forex site.
    Thanks.

jdljdl, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  8. muzzdang

muzzdang Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $120 for the wedding site.

Pls PM me traffic stats and adsense earning stats todate.

Thanks

Johnson

muzzdang, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  9. wsfarrell

wsfarrell Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    $150 for the wedding site.

wsfarrell, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  10. djazz

djazz Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the bids. I've pm'd you with current stats on the wedding dress site.

djazz, Feb 23, 2008 IP