1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropped domains?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jasoncdu, Feb 22, 2008.

Hey just a quick question .. whats up with dropped domain names? Are they bad in anyway? like I want to register a .com domain name, but the domain name already has a history on archive.org .. so I'm debating whether I should register it or not.

Help anyone?

Thanks in advanced,
    Jason

jasoncdu, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    jhn2001 likes this.
  2. jhn2001

jhn2001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so But i would still prefer the ones which was never dropped .
    domain can get dropped by various reason if it was a normal drop then its okay as far as i know

jhn2001, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    jasoncdu likes this.
  3. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Usually people "give" up on websites and domain names and let them expire. Even if it was banned you can submit a re-inclusion request to get it back in the index.

astup1didiot, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    jasoncdu likes this.
  4. happymondays

happymondays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I registered a dropped domain once, accidentally. I started my website with unique content, backlinks... Then I just waited and waited for the traffic... Sandboxed for 6 months... Later it straightened out, but I'd say stay away from dropped domains.

happymondays, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    jasoncdu likes this.