1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Mother of all Lists of Directory lists.

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by bobmutch, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    pcdoc: Great, I am glad so many people are finding it to be a good resource. I get up to 1000 geekie nerdie site developers, web designers, who be or other wise SEO/SEM types (and other fine people) coming to my site daily. As my Alexa Ranking is at 13,000 and I am only getting say 700 visits on average that shows that many of my visitors have Alexa Toolbar on.

I have my free and pay pages translated into french and have some one working on a French list of free and pay web directories which will be coming on line shortly. I have the German page translated already and am waiting for changes in the backend of my resource page so it will display just the German directories. Spanish will be next.

So I am working on having the best directory resource on the internet bar none. I have hire a full time programer from the Phillippians just to work on my sites and he starts next month.

So I hope me be able to make my directory resouces even better.

Here are my main 4 directory resourse pages.
    Visit this list of over 162 Free Web Directories.
    www.seocompany.ca/directory/free-web-directories.html

Visit this list of over 142 Pay Web Directories.
    www.seocompany.ca/directory/web-directories.html

Visit this list of over 62 Web Directories Lists.
    www.seocompany.ca/directory/top-web-directories.html

View this list of over 28 Most Links Per Web Directories List.
    www.seocompany.ca/directory/web-directory.html

bobmutch, May 20, 2005 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  2. seowebguide

seowebguide Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bob steered me in the right direction when I was first starting out in this industry. I hired him for some consulting and I was able to take a lousy credit card affiliate site from pr 0 to pr 5 in 8 months (zero traffic to 500 uniques a day) based on his suggestions alone without purchasing a single link... prior to our conversation my SEO knowledge was nill other than I had started to read about the subject enough to end up at his site.

I've since sold the credit card site to start a business who's products I own but I still use the principles he taught me in good faith and have passed this valuable knowledge on to several clients who have also had success...

His lists are a great starting point for any new domain looking for backlinks and indexing. The list is free so I don't really see the problem promoting it... there is no money made here. Only for the lucky directory owners on his list... yes he has a directory submission service but you don't see links to that in his sig or his posts.

Providing something for free to bring people to your website is exactly what all of the experts on these forums tell newbies to do... to me the fact that he is placing his list in front of people that would want to see it is just good marketing.

seowebguide, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  3. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We all love Bob... He's a ... um .. er ... reference. :D

Cristian Mezei, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Flogging the same "free service" in a dozen threads isn't marketing - it's called "spamming".

minstrel, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  5. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But you HAVE to admit, that Bob's resources are truly usefull.

He does have some references on the website.

A very nice directory list, a pagerank update list (which is a reference for all of us).

And i wouldn't call it Spam, Minstrel :)

Cristian Mezei, Feb 24, 2006 IP
    Cyclops likes this.
  6. Dave Sprint

Dave Sprint Peon

Best Answers:
    Dave Sprint, Sep 11, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.