1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog or Landing Page for Article marketing?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by SitPoMk, Feb 19, 2008.

Hey all,

Would someone be kind enough to outline the differences of sending readers of articles to a landing pages which point to my CB product, as opposed sending them to a blog which points to one or sevral CB products?

Is there a preferred method? what makes it more effective?

Thanks in advance

SitPoMk, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  2. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    A landing page is better for doing this then blog.

The less options you have the better. And sometimes a blog has the side links which distracts away from your ultimate goal. Getting your users to the merchant landing page. Just my 2 cents.

kingbrend, Feb 19, 2008 IP
    SitPoMk likes this.
  3. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Landing page is quick and easy to convert.
    For long run, a blog is good for organic traffic and optimize for SEO :)

argothiusz, Feb 19, 2008 IP
    SitPoMk likes this.
  4. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys

I was thinking the same thing but then i read travis's bum marketing method (yea i know im kind of late on that one lol) and he doesn't even mention landing pages as far as i remember

he was all wordpress.com, blogger...

SitPoMk, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  5. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think, It depends.

I use blog to convert my sale though. Here

It is not even a domain, and you know what I did make money from it. I got 10 sale so far from my blog about 300 plus dollars something in a week.

Because the affiliate that I sign up with, they have all the tools for me already just copy and paste the code in my blog is ready to pull money.

They even offer free website design, free already sticky article, templates.. and whole lots more to get you success.

santhana, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  6. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    wow santhana that sounds like a great deal

i personallly like more independence in my sites, not having stuff "built and generated" for me

Congrats on your find though, and getting your blog to convert

SitPoMk, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  7. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had just put my blog to Adword right now. hope it will boost more sale. I am not worrying about my blog because I think it will convert well because my product affiliate was blended with the article, so the more people want to learn and read the articles in my blog, the more they will buy my product.

8. ManchesterTech

ManchesterTech Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs are a sure fire way to gel with your vistors when bumm marketing....

it really allows you to connect on a more personal level with the visitors...I don't use it for PPC, but definitely when Bum marketing...I always go with blogs..

M/cr

ManchesterTech, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  9. Felu

Felu Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog if is well designed to grab attention and promotes products related to only 1 niche. Else go for a landing page.

Felu, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  10. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think people should do a combination of both.

have a blog landing page.

If you're writing the content, then you want to make sure you own it! Post it on your blog first

yeah :D

ExpertForumGuy, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  11. WealthyresultsGuy

WealthyresultsGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I've used blogs to direct traffic to landing pages and that has proven to be a very effective measure. When you share your 'unadulterated' expertise on a particular subject, or niche, you tend to sound more like an expert and less as a Salesman.

Potential Buyers, not seekers... but buyers, are more inclined to do business with someone who can answer their questions via the information in their blogs rather than lose their hard-earned money to a scripted website.

When your readers are perusing your blog, there's a sense of 'mutual presence' on the part of the reader. They begin to feel as if you are both in a casual, comfortable conversation about something that the reader may have been thinking of investing in. This is especially true if the writer is a particularly good one and understands how their product or service will benefit the reader.

A landing page lacks much of that feeling.

A blog is more like a press release...a review of a product or service. A landing page is more like a digital billboard, in a sense.

The very next time you're surfing the web and you come across a landing page for something, check to see if there is a blogsite for the product or service.

If there is, compare the two and see which one captures your interest more. :cool:

WealthyresultsGuy, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  12. sspoldir

sspoldir Guest

Best Answers:
    Test it... Different products and markets can react differently. Point some of your resource boxes to a landing page and the rest to a blog.

sspoldir, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  13. WealthyresultsGuy

WealthyresultsGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right, Sspoldir...

This method is equally as effective.

Many marketers will launch a promo project by writing press releases, posting them on free PR sites, that redirect readers to their blog...which then redirects them to the landing page. By the time the reader hits the landing page, they would have been 'warmed up' for the sale. ;)

WealthyresultsGuy, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  14. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your merchant offers great landing pages - I would second the above. Do not divert or distract your visitor with ANYTHING except the flow YOU want them to take. A blogger/wordpress can have many leaks, you don't want adwords - you want sales. It is in your best interest to go from article to EZ and quick lander, remember your objective is to make money, fast - get them on that merchant site with as few clicks and reading as possible - example that has worked well for me - check the visitor journey from the clicks in the article... http://ezinearticles.com/?Lose-ALL-...e-Weight,-Feel-Great-and-Still-Eat!&id=938683

Hope this helps - the above article and others have brought me amazing sales. Just make sure that your article is THICK and JUICY, and your lander is quick/flawless with no distractions or leaks.

Cheers,
    NC.

NCMedia, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  15. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replies everyone

Sanantha - Ads on the blog? wouldn't that hurt your conversion rates since you would lose visitors

ManchesterTech, Felu, and ExpertForumGuy - I agree with the personal level thing. That is one of the reasons blogging seems beneficial. So it is still in the picture no matter how much I hate writing hehe

WealthyresultsGuy - Thanks so much for your informative posts! You bring up some very valid points on blogging. Although i hate writing, I have to consider it seriously now. I am going to go the testing

Sspoldir - Tanks! This is exactly what I'm going to do now. Test both ways for my niche. Now I see what advantages both methods have..

MCMedia - Wow! nice article, havent finished it yet, Im reading as i write right now, it seems very good thanks. I whole heartedly agree with you on your method of doing things with landing pages and fewer amount of clicks.

Thanks for all the posts. What I'm probably going to do is take the advice and just test both of them. I will start with landing pages for my offer for a couple reasons. One is that it is obviously easier to setup (NOT perfect it, but setup it), i hate commiting and writing forever as you have to do with a blog, and I am exceptional with graphics so I actually have hopes for the landing page to work first.

Still looking for as much insight as i can get guys! ;)

SitPoMk, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  16. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    What ads are you talking about? That ads is my affiliate, I promote only 3 or 4 products. I just want to make them easier, if they don't click on Text Link, They either can click on the Banner. and it will be leading the visitors to the same place.

17. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    nvm :eek: i misread your post
    is it working well for you?

SitPoMk, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  18. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just blew 20 usd out last night with Adword and I had two sales when I checked in the morning, 71 bucks. so I am doing ok, I just need to double my adword tonight, will see how it works!

SitPoMk likes this.
  19. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    cool good luck!

btw, update for those of you who care lol got my landing page done
    making it live tomorow and directing new articles at it soon too

SitPoMk, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  20. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you share my your landing page and product you promote, brother?