1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Computer Repair Business! Online Remote? or Drive around town?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by computergeeks, Feb 20, 2008.

guys im finding after 9 years of fixing computer;s driving to there homes and business's locely dose not make any sense! when i can remote into there PC and fix it..

please tell me your thoughts on this business? i think i need to stop driving around with the hight gas pricing.. plus its good for the earth!

going green i guess!

computergeeks, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. zybron

zybron Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say there are still a few cases where you will have to go to the client (hardware failure, for instance) but for the most part, if you can fix it remotely, you probably should.

Just don't sell off your service vehicle, yet, for those times when you have to physically touch their system to fix it.

zybron, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. pipsbank

pipsbank Banned

Best Answers:
    go to client places is the best..can have opps to meet beautiful girls

pipsbank, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  4. The Critic

The Critic Peon

Best Answers:
    There are 2 problems with remotely servicing someone's computer. First, it doesn't solve any hardware problems, just software. Second, unless you are extremely well known and trusted, you are going to encounter a lot of resistance from people who don't feel comfortable with you digging around their computer from someplace else.

Besides, gas, milage, and any servicing you need for your car are tax deductable when used for your business in the way you describe (at least if you live in the US). Not only that, but you could even spring for a hybrid and get further tax benefits if you feel guilty about your gas usage.

The Critic, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  5. computergeeks

computergeeks Active Member

Best Answers:
    the hybrid thing sounds good..

see the thing is from a home office or a shop it saves you from going out to restrooms spending more money on food! bad food! fast food ext,

I have not put my hands in my tool box in 2 weeks! it is all spyware problems! some big co's charge $99.00 just to connect!
    i think that is hight but they get it! i did a remote call from a girl in New York today from Florida. $50.00 10 mins.. now if i had to drive there is no way i could get to the call in 10 mins.. most of the time i have to meet the dog ,cat,kids,employs, ext! that takes 10 mins lol.

hardware is sooo cheap people just buy a new pc! so why not drop shp them a new dell! for a fee.. then there your customer, so when they get spy wared up bang! you dont have to fix hardware lol

just a thought ???

computergeeks, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  6. jpatton

jpatton Peon

Best Answers:
    I use to spend a lot of time helping people in their homes with computers, I gained the majority of my new customers from individual referrals that I got from the people I met. Yea driving around time does take time but the face time can help you gain your customers trust and referrals.

John

jpatton, Feb 20, 2008 IP