1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YPN has Adjusted February 21 Payment Downward

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by mjewel, Feb 23, 2006.

1. jeremy860

jeremy860 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^ i'm still in the same boat as you man, it sucks

jeremy860, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  2. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to note this is not just a revenue drop problem. This is also a report problem. I watch my Daily Balance like a hawk and on the 21st it was a new record for me in one day. Then two days later the revenue was 18% lower. This has never happen before in the six weeks I have been running YPN. Revenue dropping is one thing but mis stating revenue is another and it is one that we all need to have explained to us.

Wiley, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  3. d360

d360 Grunt

Best Answers:
    YPN Reports = BETA. I've seen this many times over the past few months and they get corrected. Today my income shows zero when I know its not.

d360, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  4. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, mine adjusted around 22% or so as well.

Mine for yesterday hasn't shown yet, so maybe they're adjusting again?

nt99, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  5. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    Same to mine. I thought i remembered wrong because i did not write down each day's revenue. But it shouldnt be that less. :(

Yahoo audited the earnings!

keikor, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  6. Chrisal67

Chrisal67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen this happen once in the last couple of months. Mine were adjusted down as well.

Chrisal67, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    UPDATE: Spoke with the YPN rep who contacted Yahoo technical support. He reported that the numbers were correct and that there was no issue on February 21st or any other day. I requested to speak with a supervisor, who did call me back.

Yahoo Supervisor stated that technical support said no one else has reported any issues with reporting on September 21 and that there was no problem.

I explained I wasn't disputing the numbers they now show aren't correct, but that I knew for a fact there was a large drop in what daily earnings were showing and what wound up being shown in the detail. She said she didn't know what to say - that she didn't want to sound rude, but what did I want her to do when technical support said no one else reported any problem.

I said all I wanted was someone to tell me why the large drop in reported vs. actual. If there was a problem with fradulent clicks on my account, I want to know about it.

Anyway, she says no one else has reported having a problem (according to tech support). The Supervisors name was Amanda. If anyone else had a problem, they might want to let her know more than one person had it happen. lol (866) 785-2636.

mjewel, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  8. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I just called her, she wasn't too happy that i called but she said that tech support hasn't said that anythign was out of the ordinary. She also said that I called in earlier this morning about it. I referenced you and the forum and said that it was stated by another individual that you wern't away of anyone else having a problem, I said if that was the case I wanted to call and make you aware this it is happening to others and that the majority of us who watched the revenue turn over at midnight saw a large percentage adjustment not the usual 1-3 percent..

phpbbforfree, Feb 23, 2006 IP
    mjewel likes this.
  9. Chrisal67

Chrisal67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is great php.... lol

I sent an email to support to see what they say.

Also Feb 22nd has posted and my adjustment is much much lower, maybe 5%. Did anyone else notice an adjustment.

Chrisal67, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  10. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mine was 9% lower

phpbbforfree, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  11. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's unprofessional.

r32faisal, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  12. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    we just went thru this same crap on the wmw... big time :)

some premium publishers actually get to keep 100% of the adsense revenue that they generate, but that is off topic... all sources of tac are lumped in together as the tac(traffic acquisition costs) that google lists in their earnings reports... so there are google adsense partners, and small fry google adsense publishers like us, and nobody knows the tac breakdown.

then there is the revenue generated by google's websites, which is significantly more than what adsense brings in.

the 78% number came about because knuckleheads tried to subtract the entire tac cost from the gross revenues generated by the adsense network... which meant that google didn't get any of the 78%, beyond just the tac.

at any rate, google's profit statement shows that the mythical 78% number is based on gross adsense earnings, and does not take into account google's profit margin, google's adsense overhead, and all the rest of google's expenses, things like the 8% r&d expenditure, etc.

danimal, Feb 23, 2006 IP