1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Squidoo fluctuations? large ones

Discussion in 'SEO' started by SitPoMk, Feb 19, 2008.

Hi, I have a questions about what in the world is the deal with google and squidoo

I have a very new lens that ranked incredibly for it's first day or two. For keywords I optimized for and some that i even didnt! awesome

Then suddenly i check the same day on the thrid day and sudenly i am nowhere! Google hasn't even re crawled it. The only way even I am able to find my lens is if I search for the title with "on squidoo" at the end.

Basically results didn't slowly fade away, they effectively dissapeared, without even recrawling

Whats going on?

SitPoMk, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    New web pages & blog posts are always known to rank well at first, this is normal but they usually get burried within a day or two. You need to build backlinks with proper anchor to your articles\posts\pages to rank well in results.

astup1didiot, Feb 19, 2008 IP
    SitPoMk likes this.
  3. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    ah i see

hehe and i got so excited at first
    I wasn't sure how google handles squidoo

google facinates me - why do they have to be so smart =P repped

SitPoMk, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  4. marshalseo

marshalseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Squidoo has strong interlinking and having many backlink support itself, as we know google like fresh content new update on site daily, it priorities to new page and content, this a major reason to grow up the rankings

marshalseo, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  5. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    The fact is Google doesn't like Squidoo very much because all of the spam.
    Squidoo lenses were ranking a lot better in the past.

zexy, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I have 7 Squidoo lenses. Only 2 have managed to rank consistently well in G and continue to do so today. Bottom line, from my experience: there is no way to know which lens G will like.

www.AmCy.org, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  7. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys

amcy - what kind of content quality do your lenses have? because i won't even deny it the lens i created consisted of one article .. and a number of affiliate links so .. would google have thought of it as spam?

SitPoMk, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I keep any and all affiliate links on my own sites. I don't think it's a good idea to Add aff. links to a lens. They are easily detected and will likely result in ranking penalties.

As always, IMO.

www.AmCy.org, Feb 19, 2008 IP
    SitPoMk likes this.
  9. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Together with squidoo also take a look to stumbleupon that possibly meet your objectives in combination.

bobchrist, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  10. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you are experiencing is not uncommon for a new Squidoo lens. You may find that in a week or two it will be ranked highly again. One of the best ways to reduce fluctuations in Google rankings is to get some quality backlinks for your lens. Try digg, lensroll, squoogle, isleofsquid etc.

Think_Big, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  11. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I have three unique content lens in different areas.

One len ranked very high on several keywords. One keyword phase ranked #1 out of 55 million pages, another keyword phase ranked #4 out of 83 million pages. It has been doing like this for almost three days, great traffic; Today, I started to plugged in 5-10 afflilate links (cloaked), I pinged the len. Now this len is totally disappeared from Google search.

The second len is about trading stocks, this len I have no afflilate links at all, purely sharing my knowledge and tips, it has been ranked #1 on Google on several stock related keywords for over a week.

The last len was ranked at #1 spot on several keywords in Google for five days (again out of million pages), it moved up to Squidoo top 500 in a matter of three days :) It is #1 spot at Squidoo on that clickbank product. I put more cloaked affiliate links, Google killed it on many keywords. It still ranks high on some keywords, but got only 30-40 clicks a day.

added, so Google doesn't like affiliate links for sure....

gem.stocks, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  12. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    hah it sure doesnt like them

You can read the future, hah im back to my rankings agian and i have a feeling they will go back down again ;) just a feeling

SitPoMk, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  13. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great! Keep building those backlinks.

Think_Big, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  14. slimjim

slimjim Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating a Squidoo lens is just the first steps. You need to promote it just like any website that you own and want to rank well for in the search engines. Gather fast backlinks using social bookmarking websites.

slimjim, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  15. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Whether it be Squidoo or anywhere else, if you can soar to the top quickly then it will mean you'll come down just as quick.

Reprobate, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  16. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    New pages or sites have a "New Content Boost", and therefore you see them well ranked in search results but only for few days.

Try to build some back links in order to get your site or lens rank well in search results

angilina, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  17. NickG7

NickG7 Banned

Best Answers:
    3 things to remember:
    Try and put affiliate links through re-directs, so Google doesn't take offense at the links.
    Add backlinks for your lens that are targeted with the KW.
    Use Squidoo to promote a real site instead of an affiliate program directly since it is considered an authority site and will increase ranking of your site.

NickG7, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  18. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right, or convert them to unicode. Google has filters to prevent most sites loaded with affiliate links from ranking well.

Benahue, Mar 7, 2008 IP