1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying old domain to avoid sanbox

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, Feb 18, 2008.

I have an idea for a new site, but I will have to target a competitive keyword and I'm sure my site would get sandboxed and I would have to wait a few months before it comes out... Therefore I'm going to buy an old domain that already is indexed in Google for this keyword (of course not on the first page, just ranked for the keyword) and start developing it and building links.

However, I'm afraid that the domain transfer and the change of whois registrant information might get the domain into sandbox again. Can this happen?

Also, I will put on some new content, but not very different from the existing one.

andrej, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  2. dartdesign

dartdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sandbox is animal that really may not exist. This is just rumor so dont be afraid that much. Just be sure that domain is not banned, this is the only thing that you need to check before you buy

dartdesign, Feb 18, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. turbosatan

turbosatan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    get your site make sure it has original content and isnt just a clone of a clone of a clone and you neednt worry about any of that stuff

just make it a worthwhile site and get some good quality links to it and you will be fine

turbosatan, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. johnafrankllin

johnafrankllin Banned

Best Answers:
    SandBox is not something like a Mad Dog which caught everyone. Its a simple program which checks for the Black Hat SEO. If you are not doing excessive SEO, which may lead to be considered as spam, like excessive link exchange, excess directory submission etc. your website will remain out of SandBox.
    Stick to Ethical SEO and enjoy with your new site.
    Best of luck

johnafrankllin, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  5. dartdesign

dartdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really dont know why everybody talk about SandBox, nobody is sure that this exist. Just his website is if we are talking about http://logodesigneasy.com/ have only few pages and one outer link on main page, this is not sandbox this is contentless website in very competitive niche.

dartdesign, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  6. MrCalc

MrCalc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even "old" domains can be penalized when getting to many links to quickly.

I had on 0.5 year old pr1 domain that was (and still is) penalized when I got to many links to quick (social bookmarking links)

So even old domains can get penalized or "sandboxed"

MrCalc, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You just submitted your site to top social bookmarking sites (how many and in how long time?) and the site got penalized (sandboxed)? How long did it last?

andrej, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  8. MrCalc

MrCalc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use one of those 50+ social bookmarking service offered here on DP. So 50 social bookmark links in a short time.

Site is still penalized. Was pushed back 350 ranks for main keywords but is SLOWLY gaining ranks again. Still around 100 ranks below what it used to be.
    Atleast the domain name is shown now when searching for it, was last for the first 3 weeks.

Actually used it on 2 sites, both still penalized

MrCalc, Feb 19, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.