1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress OR Drupal?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by crystak, Feb 19, 2008.

I've only used Wordpress so far and it is pretty good, once you get the hang of it. However, I want to know how it differs from Drupal which I've never used.

I looked at the features pages of both but they are not exactly in 'english' :p.

So, can you list down what you like best about both?

crystak, Feb 19, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    WordPress for simplicity of usage and maintenance. Also it is the most popular of blogs, it would be easy to migrate between hosting companies especially those with Fantastico or Installatron built in. Also there exist a lot of plugins for WordPress to make it a very effective blog. To top it all, there are tons and tons of lovely Wordpress themes available for free.

wisdomtool, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  3. mokujin

mokujin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using Wordpress too, but Drupal can intergration with vBulletin if you have a community.

mokujin, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  4. crystak

crystak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess I'm after a more website like feel than a blog for my new project, but I know that can be achieved with WP as well with the right configuration and theme. Maybe I'll install drupal on a test site and see what it's like with the ease of management and configuration.

crystak, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  5. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is relatively hard to manage and update while the user interface is not the prettiest you will find in modern software.
    On the upside it's a powerful and editable CMS which can be molded into beautiful websites and it has a comprehensive module system and support is somehow good.

Wordpress is without a question a cutting edge blogging software, but its sleek design and virtual-ergonomic, simplicity and easy maintenance comes with a heavy price: it's CMS attributes limitations and poor integration with other third party scripts such as vBulletin, IPB etc. Not quiet a full blown CMS, but definitely highly extendable blogging software.

My choice would be Wordpress over Drupal for most sites, but it's a matter of what your needs are and which software meets those needs more adequately.

EJRaven, Feb 19, 2008 IP