1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Graphic Design Competition

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by alvinhan, Feb 22, 2006.

Hi all, we are organising an online graphic competition, the whole website is written from scrath and it's now into the final testing which is open for all to join and feedback. Please visit the site at http://www.7Creation.com/ and give your comment. Thanks.

Following is the press release about it:

LABUAN.NET is conducting a final test for its graphic design competition website at http://www.7Creation.com/. 7Creation is expected to be opened for public testing from 15 Feb 2006 and be launched around 01 Mar 2006 if no major fault was found.

Labuan.net founder Alvin Han said 7Creation is expected to attract around 50 unique visitors per day by the end of the final test, and subsequently 350 unique visitors per day by the end of the entire competition.

The competition will be subdivided into 3 seasons which consist of the qualifying, semi and final seasons. Each season will be given a different design theme to challenge. Designers that have won each season shall proceed to the next season. Top 3 winners in the final will be presented with awards and prizes.

With the availability of a self contented forum, feedback form and graphics comment page, 7Creation has further created an interactive environment for the participants, designers and visitors.

"7Creation is quite exciting," Mr. Alvin Han said during the interview, "It is purposefully created for your pleasure. This is also a direct action to bring a different excitement to the Labuan community."

Specifically, 7Creation said there will be no cost to join and compete in the competition. Top three winners will however be offered with awards and prizes. In addition, the good news is everyone can join, regardless of the participant's nationality.

"We have a vision for 7Creation to be one of the special events in Labuan," the volunteered committee Mr. Gary Wong said. "Hopefully the final test will be completed with success soon."

alvinhan, Feb 22, 2006 IP
    pratik likes this.
  2. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your url is displaying only black screen. No proper response. Please rectify the site.

ramakrishna p, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  3. alvinhan

alvinhan Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is running fine. Anyone else facing any problem visiting the site?

alvinhan, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  4. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    Previous night I registered myself for graphic compitition...After submitting all of my details to your site, it has displayed a blank and black screen. After that number of times I attempted your url....but same result blank and black screen. I was okey with my internet connection and other site were responding me okey except your site. I don't know what happend to my registration.

Are indians not allowed for this compitition....Then why your registration form asking some information which is not global.

ramakrishna p, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  5. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the site seems to be running fine for me.

chachacallis, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  6. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    I have not made any second trial. Please try to get registered your self and submit the registration forum. Please post your experience. I do not know my self What gone wrong with my registration? No acknowledgement!

7. garywhw

garywhw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Ramakrishna

Thanks for your feedback which is good for 7Creation. You must have found the first bug in the open testing phase. The test phase will continue until 01 April 2006. I am willing to go through the whole registration process with you live in Malaysian time.

My googletalk is garywhw at gmail.com and my yahoo id is garywhw1 at yahoo.com. Would appreciate if you could add me and we will be liasing live for further investigation process :)

Beside, we love Indians. Indians are our best friends. We welcome Indians. We would appreciate if you would also invite all your Indian friends all around the world to join our competition. It is our pleasure and honour to have you with us :)

Could u also do us a favour. Ie, for all future enquiries, would you please create a new forum and forum thread at http://www.7creation.com/graphic-competition-forum-topic.asp. i guess your questions are mostly relevant to many others too.

In addition, you can start submitting your actual graphics which will not be opened for voting until 01 April. See announcement at http://www.7creation.com/graphic-competition-announcement.asp (Competition Postpone To 01 April 2006)

All the best to you and good luck to your competition :)
    God bless you.

Best Regards
    Gary Wong
    Developer or 7Creation.com

garywhw, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  8. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hey i saw your site.. itz running well for me!

even i am thinkin of joining the competition... but whta i wanted to know is that when would be the results of each rounds (3 rounds) will be declared??

and also whtz the last date for Qualifying Artwork Submission... and also can u plz clarify the theme - My Home???

waiting for your reply

pratik, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  9. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    Hi garywhw,
    Thankyou for your eloborated response!
    As you said it may be because of the bug in the open testing phase. I admit this. Iam going to add your contact information to my google/yahoo messangers when I go home so that we can clarify if any thing is there. Presently Iam at office and I don't want open any of my personal mails to avoid peeping toms. If my previous registration was not accepted once again I register for the competition.

If Iam capable of gather more and more graphic guys for the competition surely I suggest them about this.

Regards
    Ramakrishna

10. garywhw

garywhw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Pratik

Thanks for your kind feedback and encouragement. :)

If there is no calculation or typing mistake, below is the details :
    Voting Calendar
    Qualifying (6 Weeks) : 01-Apr 8:00am - 14-May 9:00pm
    Semi (4 Weeks) : 15-May 8:00am - 14-Jun 9:00pm
    Final (4 Weeks) : 15-Jun 8:00am - 14-July 9:00pm

Artwork Submission Calendar
    Qualifying (more than 6 Weeks) : Before 01-Feb - 14-May 9:00pm
    Semi (4 Weeks) : 15-May 8:00am - 14-June 9:00pm
    Final (2 Weeks) : 15-June 8:00am - 30-June 9:00pm

The date is indicated at 7Creation. You may wish to extend your visit to the rules and regulation of 7Creation at http://www.7creation.com/graphic-competition-rules.asp. :) Keep us posted - if you are not finding anything related on our site at the forum too. We would try our best to clarify that.

My home is easiest theme to design among the three themes. It is more general and broad. Therefore, anyone can design anything related to the theme - MY HOME. Eg, Graphics that describe your family member, house, home (family members eating together on a table), your birth town, your country and so on. It is quite unlimited. The level will increase as you proceed into the next season.

May i encourage you to use the forum at 7Creation.com so as to encourage more people to heat up the forum. In addition, by sharing your thoughts with others will benefit you to exchange your ideas and creativity with others too. Make more friends there too. We would appreciate it very much if you would also invite your friends to join 7Creation :)

Hope this helps :)

God bless
    Gary Wong

garywhw, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  11. garywhw

garywhw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Ramakrishna

You are welcomed :)

Should you being unable to see me online when you are home, you could also send your registered details to us at organizers @ 7creation.com so that we may continue test the value you have entered. From there, we may be able to find the cause of the bug.

Ps : Yah, i truly understand how it is felt to be peep tom from the back :)
    May i encourage you to use the forum at 7Creation to post your conversation. I hope that this will help many others too. Thank you in advance ;)

Thanks for your help to gather more graphic guys to come and join the competition. We are truly glad for that. :)

Best Regards
    Gary Wong

garywhw, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  12. Sandpetra

Sandpetra Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks good - Do you take accessibility into consideration?

Sandpetra, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  13. garywhw

garywhw Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sandpetra for your feedback that is well said.

Accessibility is always concern of the site.
    I welcome you to suggest ways to improve the accessibility.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

garywhw, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  14. utball

utball Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know much about graphic design , but I checked out the site and it looks like a fun competition. There are a lot of good things on there.

utball, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  15. emkay

emkay Guest

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea, might join soon! :)

emkay, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  16. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Well no other idea, but last time i registered at their site to vote for my friend , and wtf they spam me daily in my inbox with many many crap emails.
    Iam sorry that i voted for my friend, but for other never join their accounts :(

amitpatel_3001, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  17. garywhw

garywhw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Amit

7Creation.com Graphic Design Community would like to apologize for the lack of careful consideration and coding issues during that initial period. We have however received a few constructive feedbacks / complaints from our helpful members informing us about the problem. It is definitely not conducted with a spamming purpose since the beginning.

Ever after, we have quickly looked into the matter and realized the severity of the issue and actions have immediately been taken to remove the 'spamming pattern'. I.e., there were not many graphics right from the beginning of the competition when our members were still quite comfortable with the number of the graphic alert notifications.

Nonetheless, as the site gets better with its traffic, more members were encouraged to submit many more graphics than usual. Hence, that continues to trigger the graphic alert notifications on per new graphic basis until it turned out to look like a spamming pattern, which we have not considerably realized until a few loyal members feedback.

7Creation.com has however replaced the per graphic basis with a per day basis as per suggestion from our members. I.e., a summary of the new graphics together with a summary of all latest news, announcement, etc will all be included in one email per day, if there is any. In addition, members were given the option in the User Account setting to unsubscribe the 7Creation newsletter. We are doing all we can to help making 7Creation.com a better community site.

Last and most importantly, 7Creation would like to sincerely thank our loyal, constructive and helpful members who have believed in us and our intension to make 7Creation a better site for everyone. Your constructive feedbacks have helped us grow into a level higher. Thank you so much ;-)

See : http://www.7creation.com

garywhw, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  18. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    Just I visited your site. I could see a lot of changes to your site. The page design is now better than earlier.:)

ramakrishna p, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  19. garywhw

garywhw Peon

Best Answers:
    garywhw, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  20. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    Hi garywhw,
    It seems since begining you confined only to this "Online Graphic Design Competition " thread. To promote your site visit other areas of forums and share your views and try to participate on different topics. And let us also know your future plans on different online activities. There are many interesting topics around here. Go through and be in touch with other forum members who never visit this particular thread. Hope that is the best possible way to promote the site more and more.:)

ramakrishna p, Nov 10, 2006 IP