1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thanks to All Directory Owners

Discussion in 'Directories' started by fuse-box, Feb 18, 2008.

Just wanted to say thank you to all those people with those good free or cheap directories that let us bring our sites to top of Google or Yahoo

but not too those guys that charge ridiculous amounts for a low/no PR directories....

thanks people...:D

fuse-box, Feb 18, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well im one of the cheapy guys, a $1.50 guy. :) il do it for a cheese burger. :)

pipes, Feb 18, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I charge $1455 to be at the top of a PR3 page. I guess you dont like me.

hehe :D

mikey1090, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    i didn't say i don't like those guys that charge too much...i only said thank you to the ones that make it possible for us to get some back-links...;)

fuse-box, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So basically you are thanking those that let you buy PR cheaply?

mikey1090, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  6. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Entered the thread hoping to read and write something wise or humorous at least.
    But this and hundreds of latest threads are so boring, 99% of posts worth trash...
    So also this time won't write anything interesting, as the thread is useless again and what is worst most of DP directories forum members has no sense of humour, so could take a joke seriously and start another nonsense big battle, making this business poorer than ever...

- D.

dargre, Feb 18, 2008 IP
    britishguy likes this.
  7. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agree its a very poor category these days
    And as for the humor there is plenty around but next to zero humor in this category as you said

britishguy, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  8. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you sensible boys get some great threads going then, dont wait for the threads to be started, dont rely on others to feed this section, get a load of interesting discussions going yourselves.

Actually coming into a thread to complain of its crapness does nothing and just makes you look like snobs looking down your nose.

Get busy starting those deep thinking threads, if you dont have the time then stop complaing about others not making threads good enough for you.

Their not here to entertain you, their having a harmless smile or two during their working day, seeing the funny side sometimes to things makes it that little bit easier.

pipes, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  9. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you so why don't you try and change this by writing decent posts and seeing what response you get from them. :)

JamieG, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  10. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Answer is easy:

Not starting thread, because:

1. won't be understood by hundreds of kids here
    or
    2. will be one more opportunity for dozens of HATERS to come with personal attacks.
    or
    3. I know the level of discussion in started thread will fall to KINDERGARTEN level with every next post.

Didn't you have moments in your life when you asked yourself: What am I doing here?
    This is what I feel lately coming to this forum. So why should I post?
    Of course the final will be - I'll disappear completely from DP, as many already did.

- D.

dargre, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  11. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see it's working.
    Congrats and Best of luck. :)

MeetHere, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  12. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i know your a mature guy but referring to people as kids wont help, theres hardly any true kids here but if referring to how people reply then thats just the way life goes sometimes.

Again im sure your mature enough and have thick enough skin and enough life experience to handle any "haters" sometimes you just have to let things wash over you, or choose not to let anyone offend you, or simply put people on ignore.
    I have 2 people on ignore and if i glance their name in a quote i dont let myself read it.

To answer your third question Yes, i think everybody has bad days, stressful days, fed up times here, and moments of losing self control, but it happens and it doesn't last forever.

If you get to a point that you feel negativity creeps its way into your online time in a forum to the point where your affected then id probably say yes maybe leave the forum if its that bad, but i also think its worth just staying and accepting that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Unfortunately we cant all please each other, we cant all agree, theres some very strong opinions and plenty of mini battles, but thats all they are, its not the end of the world, work continues regardless, business as usual.

I bet you have had some of the most productive days when you have left here after a quarrel and got stuck into some work, its not all bad.
    Tempers and conflicts bring change.

pipes, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  13. centime

centime Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys

Unless I am very much mistaken, the OP in most businesses would be classified as a

Client/customer

Someone to be thanked for submitting his sites to our directories, thereby helping us to create valuable resources

Someone who we are encouraging to tell all his friends how helpful an nice directory owners are, how useful directories have been to him in his web adventure

Someone who will be submitting sites to us in the future, whose friends may also submit sites to our site

Glad you've had a good experience fuse-box

Do submit again

Cheers

centime, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  14. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah im glad you found what you needed fuse-box.

pipes, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  15. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    let 's forget if it is interesting thread or not atm, at least it proves directory still works.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, fuse-box.

xc06, Feb 18, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  16. sudarshannus

sudarshannus Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL u are kidding right!!

sudarshannus, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  17. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well directories do work, depending on how it's set up - some leak PR which means that alot the links inside the directory won't get any real boost, while others that are optomized well will distribute the PR properly.

Slincon, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  18. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @dagre - i agree with everything he is saying.

@pipes - all i have to say is "It is better not to say anything, rather than say something that is worthless". Now that answers the question why we don't see many quality threads here anymore because the people who started either has left, or has stopped posting because of trolls and some smart people who support the trolls :)

In the end, it comes down to personal benefit, and what is the personal gain if i make a quality thread and get it trashed. Nothing. Before it was a different story because there was constructive criticism going on. Now a days i see either Yup this is superb. Next: Very nice. Good job on almost everything... and once criticism is shown it is mostly a personal attack. Those two things have taken over and left no space for "constructive criticism".

This is one of those threads which shouldn't even be made. It is like saying hi, i am so and so because if you stay in the industry long enough your work will tell who you are rather than you going around and saying who you are.

Once again, i appreciate the love from you OP and how you are thanking the directory industry because it brought your pr up. What i would like to know is what PR did you get ? or how high are you ranking ? which keywords ... because i am sure that PR 2 - 3 is easy to get just by posting here at digitalpoint and a few other forums.

smub, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  19. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Smub i guess its worth remembering that its a forum though and with its size its going to go in different directions, maybe some of you use smaller, related forums, tighter knit, and maybe you see less of this? i dont know, but as a forum reaches the size that dp is you will get what is mentioned.

I dont really know what change you guys are looking for, whats ideal? its not realistic, just come and enjoy the info here, why not exchange with the members in the other sections too, if you dont already, i try and use most of dp that is relevant to me.

Theres no need to cut it down the middle and say im staying or im leaving, just come and go as you please, if its not so good here one day then wait till theres something here worth posting on.

I dont know why some of you guys like to do this i might be leaving thing, what are you looking for? what do you expect? to not be challenged your only way to achieve that is going private.

To avoid not liking what others post, well its as simple as dont read it.

Why not just work?

pipes, Feb 18, 2008 IP
    discover likes this.
  20. centime

centime Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said Pipes

Hope more non directory owners come here an post their views

centime, Feb 18, 2008 IP