1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Made $200 in sales in 6 hours with a little tweak

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bulldogg32, Feb 17, 2008.

So I have been dabbling in the clickbank game for a year now. I know if you want to really do well you have to put 100% of your efforts into it but its more of a hobby to me right now. I typically make 1 sale a day. Now I dont want everyone PM ing me for my secrets lol but I did make one small change in my PPC strategy and my conversions went sky high. I wont tell you exactly what I did but just be very careful at what your ad says. Pay attention to ad variations. I know this may sound basic but sometimes people forget the basics...

bulldogg32, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  2. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good...good. My aim is stable one sale a day.

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  3. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Emmm, what's the point in this thread? To Brag?

kingbrend, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  4. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may now call yourself the forum hero and claim yourself as a guru. Congratulations!
    nadavs

nadavs, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. bulldogg32

bulldogg32 Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually the point was to share my experiences. And to mention about sticking to the basics. This is not to brag but to add relevant personal experience that might help someone. That is what this forum is about. And its comments like that that turn people away from posting.

bulldogg32, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  6. reviewerjoe

reviewerjoe Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe i gave up on clickbank too soon. I tried for a while with no success so i reverted back to ppc affiliate programs. I make almost all of my money through adsense and other pay per click affiliate programs out there. Easier to do i think.

I just wrote a great post for the newbies on how i made 240 in 7 days off one keyword, using arbitrage.

If anyone is interested check it out.

reviewerjoe, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  7. tpc

tpc Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want to help people, give us an example. You say you made one small change in your PPC strategy and conversions went through the roof. What was it? I mean, why start a thread about making $200 in 6 hours if you are not going to provide any meat?

If your point was to share your experience...then share it. You haven't added any personal experience, just telling others how you made $200. Makes no sense. I don't mean to sound harsh, but we would all like to learn tips and tricks from others who have found good results. Isn't that really what the forum should be about?

tpc, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  8. mainienator

mainienator Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah rite.. if you really want people to talk about you or praise you,, then share with an example.. let one of us try your method and then if you want .. sell it in services section and make more money :)

mainienator, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  9. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,unless he shares some tips and all.

getjimmy, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  10. dreamking

dreamking Guest

Best Answers:
    good luck to you pal !
    good to see you making headway
    cant understand why some resent your post
    didnt sound like bragging to me
    but itd be good public relations to share your secret lol

dreamking, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  11. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed! Congratulations nonetheless. I know that you can add the word "scam" to a campaign and it will often make a difference.

anarmyofme, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  12. Tazer Dude

Tazer Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with the other guys

What is the sense creating this thread and it is of no use to the readers.

You stated that all you did was make one small change in my PPC strategy and my conversions went sky high...what was that change... was it a letter, was it a spelling.....I am sure you are intelligent enough to come up with clever examples and yet not divulge the product that you are promoting..right....so if you going to help others in this clickbank section....help..

Even though your tactic may seem basic to you..there are newbies coming online to this forum everyday..ask admin....so we are waiting for some more meat...

Tazer Dude, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  13. mhaynes6

mhaynes6 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should give more insight and a better example...would make for a better thread...but congrats on your findings!

mhaynes6, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Any tips and advice would be appreciated

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  15. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the point in posting no tips, advice and experience with no details are shared. Who knows what the basics are all affiliates do things a little different. Without detail or specifics how does that help? Offering unsolicited help in a forum usually requires some details or specifics. If your willing to help could you share?

reapr, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  16. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here guys, perhaps I can save this thread a bit - this is the general advice I give on my products affiliate pages to help people with their PPC efforts. Perhaps none are new, but to reinforce the fundamentals of ad/copy writing and human behaviour/reaction to sponsored ads:

1. Don't add 50+ keywords/phrases, instead = Use your keyword tools, if you're doing adwords, USE their tool to find all your keys. Now go over them and ONLY keep the top 8-10 best (those that look like real buyers would click, forget the rest for now). Tight keywords grouped together, meaning all the keys that start with 'g2' should be under eachother together. Using 3-5 word combos with long tails will work best for the cheapest cost per click. If you cannot get volume, only then should you start to go broad with your keylist.

2. Do NOT put 'free' anywhere in your ad or in your keywords, you will not target real buyers, and those just lurking for free info will click your ad a lot, wasting your clicks.

3. Put The Price - If someone sees a price, only those interested in potentially spending are going to click it, the rest won't-saving your ad spend.

4. Utilize the content network with 2 campaigns, no search network. "Even though my CTR is .23, I have spent less than $14 on clicks that are .08 to .11 cents, and made 3 sales so far with content network only".

5. Split test EVERY campaign, if you are targeting different countries, split test each country. You should always have at least 2 ads fighting eachother, and always tweak them, always - at least until you find what converts best. Once you do that, start another campaign and duplicate profitable efforts - potentially start other ppc avenues. "The general sequence is to test/tweak/eliminate/duplicate, this formula is what I follow and once I'm duplicating my main campaign is automated and I focus on my new ones".

6. If you cannot track campaigns, I recommend making seperate landing pages, on those pages use ClickBanks TID feature and link to TIDs from the links. Now point seperate similar keyword targeted ads at seperate pages. This will effectively show you which ads and even which keywords are converting, then duplicate profitable campaigns, eliminate the rest.

7. General: Site targeting really does work. Once you centralize your effective campaigns and notice best buyer times and zones, start using adwords timing option and pump your ads at hot times in hotspots geographicaly, you will notice a rise in sales. You can use ClickBank analytics to find out which campaigns converted, what times ppl are buying at, which country/city, etc. Log into CB - Click Reporting, now click Analytics. Use the reporting feature on the right to analyze your hops.

8. Be creative, always think like a customer that is potentially ready to buy. Sometimes the oddest phrases that have no data in adwords tools convert like crazy, sometimes the most competitive words are still worth chasing. Testing campaigns can get tedious however it does payoff to really prepare well for 2 hours and post your ads in 5 minutes, than to post a bunch of template ads and spend the next two days changing them.

Cheers,
    NC.

NCMedia, Feb 17, 2008 IP
    Joelemon likes this.
  17. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    NCMedia

That's a nice post. Thanks for tips.

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  18. veneficuz

veneficuz Peon

Best Answers:
    OP: "just be very careful at what your ad says."

LMFAO, Is this a serious thread, GTFO!

Seriously read NCmedia's posts, PayPerClickbank's Documentary, & any other post not by this guy.

Remember, "just be very careful at what your ad says."

veneficuz, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  19. bulldogg32

bulldogg32 Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry it took a little while to get back. Like I said in my original post. What I did was concentrate of ad variations in my ppc campaigns. That is something that I never really took advantage of before. Like I said as well. I know this is BASIC BUT it is good to always go back to basics sometimes. I would focus on creating some widely different variations and think out of the box. I talk to some people that use adwords as an important aspect of their business (not just affiliate) and they find that a lot of the time thinking out of the box is very successful. Example

sporting goods business that focuses on baseball

typical ad (this is just a quick not thought out example

Great Baseball Deals
    your one stop baseball
    equipment online store
    www.xxxxx.com

a bit out of the box

Here the crack of the bat
    smell the fresh cut grass
    baseball season is near
    www.xxxxxx.com

I hope this is a little better again without giving any semi specifics. Like it has been said a million times on here. Test, try, test, try, test, try...tweak...test, try etc. Nothing is easy money unfortunately. But the more you think and the more you work at it. The better you will get.

bulldogg32, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  20. klumdee

klumdee Banned

Best Answers:
    Great post, thanks

klumdee, Feb 18, 2008 IP