1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the shave script on at Neverblueads?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by shawnpm, Feb 16, 2008.

I'm doing some testing and switched out adsense on one of my sites for NeverBlueads. Here is the interesting part:

The top banner on my site gets about 30-40 clicks a day with adsense. Running the same exact traffic with NeverBlueads which runs the same proggy banner as adsense about 90% of the time, I get 6 clicks a day.

I emailed my rep at neverblueads and did not receive an answer to my concerns. I'm going to let this test run another week or so to see what happens but so far I am not impressed.

I have run adult for many years and know for a fact they shave the living you know what out of signups so you have to move traffic around to whoever happens to have the dullest razor blades at the time. I am beginning to think this practice is alive and well in mainstream also.

I know programs will say they count hits differently (first page vs. second page, etc.) but am I jumping the gun or have others seen this as well? I guess the truth will be known after the test period when I can look at the bottom line results.

For an fyi this is on a website that is doing 3-4k unique visitors a day so it should be a fairly good sample.

Thoughts?

shawnpm, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  2. shawnpm

shawnpm Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to let this test run for two weeks but decided that making money is good, going broke is bad.

Instead I took a two day sample to compare which speaks for itself:

Adsense:

imp clicks
    10,181 58 $4.44

NeverBlueAds

imp clicks
    8,070 9 $0.00

This test was on a girl arcade website and the banners being run were the "Zwinky" program. The banners I chose for Neverblueads were animated flash banners...very attractive and inviting. The Zwinky banner being displayed by adsense was a static banner that to be honest, is not very inviting at all.

Its hard to get a true apples to apples test but I think this one is fairly close, at least close enough to draw some conclusions. I highly doubt surfers are more likely to click a boring banner 6.44 times as often as a more attractive and informative banner. Especially when I see my traffic is mesmerized by flash banners on other areas of the site lol!

That's what I've come up with from here so far and would like to hear input from others. Be careful where you send your traffic...

shawnpm, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  3. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Neverblueads doesn't shave leads. Even though the banner ad you would see 'was not very inviting' it probably drew more attention than the banner you used and more people clicked on it. It'd odd how ugly things convert. Try the other banner out and also remember you have no way of knowing if it's the zwinky banner that's always shown or if it's just shown for you

-harrison

p.s. i actually really like neverblueads

xharrisonx, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  4. shawnpm

shawnpm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats true on the ad display from adsense which makes the test "almost" apples to apples lol!

I don't know...in previous tests where I've swapped out banners/different programs, etc. on the same ad spot I might see something like a 30-50% increase or decrease but man...never anything like a drop of 58 clicks to 11, especially when its mainly the same program being advertised?

Also kind of interesting that I had a sale on Zwinky within the first 1000 impressions. 30k impressions later, notta? Ahh the setting of the hook lol!

shawnpm, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you were showing the same banner from NBA's, then that's probably the reason as most probably different banner ads would have been shown to the same visitor from Adsense depending on what pages they were on in your website. If you say they were both exactly the same from NBA's and Adsense, then don't forget that Adsense may be showing the same banner to you, but to others aroiund the world they could be seeing something totally different down to geo-targeting.

john269, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  6. saahil

saahil Guest

Best Answers:
    geo-targeting is probably the reason man.

saahil, Feb 22, 2008 IP