1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1000.00 Day On Azoogle

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aj22, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean google doesn't allow to put affiliate link? but if you go to google and put male enhancement you will see a lot of advertiser do a direct to product page, even ringtone affiliate too.

santhana, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  2. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good read and helpful informations.

speed100, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  3. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again guys, and I don't want to sound mean in any way here, but:

I will not be responding any more to questions PM'ed to me about this thread. If you have a general question, please post it here so that everyone can see both the question and answer. Questions that continue to probe how or what I am doing will also be ignored as I mentioned a few pages ago - I think I've been more then generous. Some of these PM requests are just getting out of hand.

Also, if your question doesn't get answered by me it means it's already been answered - so please read the thread.

Other then that, I'm still game to help you all as much as possible. Thanks!

aj22, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  4. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    Might want to check TOS, not sure Google lets you advertise pill sites for "Male Enhancement" on their network...... we get plenty of those in our junkmail folders anyway.

Joobz, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have and I personally thank you for what you have shared here. The information has been very enlightening in as much as making me think down other paths for new ideas.

I came up with a blockbuster of one yesterday that I am going to implement over the next few weeks.

Joobz, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  6. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Joobz. Hope your new campaign takes off.

And again to everyone: most of you have been very thankful and kind (and intelligent) in the discussion in this thread, and the above request from myself was to the minority who keep on nitpicking and PM-bombing me for more.

aj22, Feb 17, 2008 IP
    AlexJames likes this.
  7. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I have one particular campaign thats been profitable for a while now that I've been direct linking with. It did get slapped at one point but I did a little technique that got it un-slapped. But even till now, its still direct-linked and profiting fairly well...

shockalock-g, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  8. dreamking

dreamking Guest

Best Answers:
    excellent stuff

dreamking, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  9. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you use a framed page?

Joobz, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  10. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Aj,

When you said to find "un-exploited niches", were you referring to the crowd you advertise to or your website itself? For example, I have a Siberian Husky so I could start a website about Siberian Huskies and maybe cross-promote pet related products that husky owners could use. Would that be an un-exploited niche? Or did you mean that you could use a popular, competitive niche for your website and you simply need to find a crowd that would want what you are offering and nobody is marketing to?

gregdavidson, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  11. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, aj, you've been great with the tips and advice. I would love to spend 5 minutes in your brain because it sounds like a million monkeys sitting at a million keyboards for a million years would never be able to completely replicate what you're doing but, with any luck, maybe we'll get close.

Actually, I hatched a hell of an idea last night that just went live today so we'll see how it goes.

As for the direct-linking question(s), You might be able to get away with it for a while. Every time I've tried it, I've gotten 'slapped'.

M

MontyzPython, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  12. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:

Two ways:

First, let's take the tv show "24" (one of my favorites). Google for the big 24 fan sites. Look for Adsense blocks. What kind of ads are in here? I see a load of ringtones and that's about it. What else could people who like 24 need or want? Blockbuster subscriptions? Screensavers? Chances are if your ad isn't like every other ad in the Adsense block (ringtones ringtones ringtones!!) it's going to stand out and get clicks. That's an unexploited niche.

The other type of unexploited niche is simply launching 50, 100, 200+ ad groups and seeing which end up driving 1000's of clicks a day for a decent CPC. To some, this might seem like you just need to get lucky, but if you keep launching and launching, you'll find out that more then luck is in play: patience, persistence and trend analysis are also in play.

Those are what I call unexploited niches. Happy hunting.

aj22, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  13. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good - good luck. My message above about being bombed with PM's really did not relate to you, btw, although I would much prefer moving our conversation here so all could benefit.

If you saw my PM box you would understand ("be my mentor" "sell me your secret").

Oh, and so far the highest I've been offered for the missing step in my 'secret formula' is $7,500. Nice, but not nice enough.

aj22, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  14. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info AJ! It sounds easy but it's actually a lot harder, especially for newcomers to Adwords. You said you advertise strictly through the content network. Do you use placement targeted ads or do you use keyword targeted that is specificially for content network sites? I also didn't realized how much SEO came into play with Adwords. The only affordable keyword they're giving me is "wholesale sources" which I added throughout my sales letter and in my title and tags without even thinking about it. Any advice you can give me on that?

15. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Oh ok! I think I see what you're doing on your landing pages! I think what you're doing is coming up with websites about certain song artists and listing all of their fan websites. That's the only possible way you could get an affordable rate for certain fan website keywords. Even if the keyword or phrase is not competitive, Google will charge you $1.00-$10.00 a click if your website is not optimized for that. For example, Google Adwords would not give me an affordable CPC for the website "24Fans.com" unless I had that website name listed in my title, meta tags (not so sure), and several times throughout my content. The only way I could get somebody to a ringtone site from there is to refer them to the actual ringtones for that song artist. You may even be offering them a sample of that ringtone to get them to buy it. Referring them to a ringtone website in general probably isn't good enough.

16. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, and if we have figured out what he's doing, let's just go ahead and post it here for the whole world to see. I'm sure he would appreciate that. :rolleyes:

Thanks, aj. I knew I hadn't PM'd you more than a couple of times. Still, I would imagine signing on and seeing "You have 79 unread messages." would probably drive me to throw something against the wall.

I just PM'd so that, if I WAS getting close, it wouldn't be here in the open.

M

17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I think I'm 80% on to how he does it if not 100%. However, if I am correct, you still just have the general idea. We'll never know which landing pages he is using for which artists (if they are artists) unless you accidentally run into them in the search engines. This is the part where you come up with your own creative thinking.

18. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Not that saying that this works, but I have seen a lot of lyric sites that easily can link to ringtones for each artists. Not that I'm saying that it works, not at all :p

No its straight direct linking. Iframe does help but you're still liable to get slap too. But google seems to not "care" as much if you're having high CTRs...

shockalock-g, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  19. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was just messing with you.

P.S. - 24 is an awesome show. I can't believe how quickly that hour goes by. I'm really missing it this winter. Is Keifer out of jail yet?

I only watch two things...Lost and 24.

20. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, and Prison Break. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.