1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gods that Christians Dont Believe in.....AND Gods that Atheists Dont Believe in

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by iul, Feb 11, 2008.

1. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what exactly do you mean?

iul, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  2. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean that atheists are in extreme denial. You feel like you are some kind of "god" because you have come to some "advanced" logic that christians aren't capable of understanding. It makes you feel better to think you are more logical and you think that christians don't understand why you believe what you believe. You don't even see atheism as belief or religion--that you came to the conclusion without any outside influence, of your own free will. :rolleyes:

By blaspheming God, you put yourself at His level (in your own mind). If you don't cut it out, it becomes that unforgiveable sin--living in denial of the obvious truth that is all around you, even in the snowflakes, and refusing to change. I'm rambling on now because I don't want to see anyone going down this road. You have to wake up and see God's work in everything. Go sit by a river for a while and just listen. Somewhere inside your heart I'm sure you will feel that there is something more behind the complex beauty, even if you never admit it. Unless you are afraid of going crazy by opening your mind?

But, more directly to answer your argument that you re-posted here as a picture--it means nothing. There have been false gods throughout history. There's only one true One, and once you feel His love, you understand. You can try to explain it all away with logic all you want, but until you believe, you can't even explain where those natural laws came from or why they mean so much to your religion. Besides... I can use logic as my argument for why there has to be A god, and it's a pretty strong argument, but where will that get you? You'll just say "well I choose another religion instead because I had a bad experience to do with christians so I won't even consider their God.".

SolutionX, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing advanced about an atheists logic, it's just the regular basic human logic, The standard package. It just appears advanced to you because you don't have it.

anyway, The question was; Do you understand why you don't believe in those other gods?

stOx, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  4. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. What you want to hear is that I was brainwashed into believing it, but I would take the more rational opinion that I was fortunate enough to hear about Christ and come back around to believing in His Love when I was heading down a very dangerous road as a teenager.

You were unfortunate to hear about atheism and believe it. :( There's always hope though. :) I just hope it doesn't take something as traumatic as what turned me back around.

5. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how do you know what other people think? And doesn't the argument you made here apply to you? Don't you feel superior to us (the ones in "denial") because you understand something we don't?

atheism is lack of belief

how do you know what's in my mind?

I've already sat by a river plenty of times and it didn't made me feel there's something more complex behind it

you call blindly believing in a supernatural creature because a book tells you so "opening your mind"?

do you understand why you dismiss them as fantasy?

a muslim, scientologist, buddhist guy can make exactly the same argument. Why should I believe you instead of them?

let's hear it

are you psychic? Are you arrogant enough to think you know how I think, feel and what I will say?

how do you know what he wants to hear?

Anyway, why don't you answer the question? Do you understand why you don't believe in the other gods?

Oh, and help me make sure I understand this correctly: you believe in god because you were traumatised?

iul, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understand the question. The question isn't "why do you believe in jesus" it was "why don't you believe in the other gods?"

What the question is designed to do is make you think about the reasons why we reject your god by making you consider the reasons you have for rejecting all the other gods.

stOx, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  7. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    And my answers are designed to make you think about the fact that you have chosen a "god" as well, but in a more abstract way.

Yes, I do know what the question is, and it's designed to make me think rationaly, but you are trying to show only one side of the reason you believe in atheism. I can't answer the question directly without trying to explain the spiritual side which isn't really possible to explain rationaly.

Love isn't something you can learn--you have to experience it. People believe in love because they have experienced it.

8. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you don't understand correctly. I always believed in God. Everyone does somewhere inside them because His work is obvious in everything. Trauma is what made me realize that I needed Christ and what made me become born again.

9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Again, We don't want to know why you believe in jesus, we want to know why you rejected all other gods.

stOx, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    They are both the same answer.

And if you want to get technical, the thread was meant to show Christians something, not ask them something. That's already been admitted. I'm simply returning the favor, but my reason is because I care about all the people who may read your crap and get stuck in it, not to prove who's right or wrong for the sake of winning an argument.

11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How are they the same answer?

If i pick a blue coat and someone says "why didn't you pick the red one?" my answer would be "because i don't like red", NOT "because i like blue". I know this may be a bit complicated for you, but please try to keep up.

stOx, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  12. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You left out the Egyptian sun god Ra for some reason. I thought he was higher than horus in their hierarchy but I could be wrong about that

primeryder, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  13. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    atheists believe there is no god. Please stop pretending you know what we feel, think, etc.

you can't believe in atheism. You either are an atheist (you don't believe in the existence of a sky daddy) or you're not (you believe in the existence of a sky daddy or more)
    Basicly what you're saying is that you can't explain this rationally but you accuse us of not openning our minds. How can you have an open mind if you can't think rationally?

I love too and it feels great. I don't need to believe in god to experience love

were you taught the bible as a kid?

so, you think you know what I think, feel, what I'm going to say in the future and now you know what I believe too? Stop being that arrogant please

Let's assume for a second that's true. How do I know it's not one of the other gods in that list?

I'm still waiting for your argument

iul, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  14. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's nice to see that all sides are well represented.

lightless, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  15. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
  16. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how come you keep avoiding answering to all the stuff I write? Are you ignoring the parts you know you're wrong?

Your cosmological argument is that there must be a god because the universe needs a cause. But you forget that if there is a god it needs a cause too. If you can believe that the god simply exists why couldn't the universe simply too exist without it having a creator? Isn't the universe always existing a much simpler explanation than an all powerful sky daddy always existing and creating a bunch of creatures on a grain of sand (the earth compared to the vastness of the universe) to worship him?

And more importantly if there really is a god or more and it really did create the universe how is it any more likely that god is the god you believe in and not buddha or ra or zeus or any other god people believe in?

iul, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  17. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't answer all of your questions because you're asking too many of them! lol
    I said it was a pretty strong argument, not perfect. But I've been through this before and the best I can say is that 1: the fact that something has to be an effect without a cause, in order to get the whole thing started, makes that "thing" God. 2: I know you can say that maybe it's the universe, but that would make the universe God. I don't believe that because the Bible says that God created the universe, but you don't believe in the Bible, so we can't really argue that point. This also applies to choosing which God to believe in once you decide there has to be A God--can't argue it through logic.

Cheap SEO Services likes this.
  18. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not Christian (anymore). But! I know a lady who can make your life fall apart by praying to her ancient African gods. To say the heathen (look that word up if you think it means sinner) gods have no power is, in my EXPERIENCE not opinion, naive.

earthfaze, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  19. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's assuming there absolutely has to be a god

well, at least you realise you don't believe in your god for any logical reason. That's a step forward.
    Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people believeing in god/gods. I think faith should be strictly a personal matter. My problem is with organised religion. My problem is with people claimig they somehow know the absolute truth and trying to push their beliefs, their moral standards and their way of life onto other people

iul, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  20. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Yet you claim to know the truth and you try to spread it, or are you agnostic rather than atheist?

SolutionX, Feb 17, 2008 IP