1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Approx income with 3000 visitors?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by wallaceuk, Feb 5, 2006.

Hi all

Using any of the available affiliate programs out there, I'm wondering what would be an average income from an electronics website with approx 3000 unique visitors a month?

Could that quite easily earn a few hundred ££ a month?

wallaceuk, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  2. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, my friend with 3000 unique you can with CJ and adsense together

sunchy, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    That's a 100 unqiues a day. Not that many really. If the all click 3 pages you have 300 impressions a day. At a CTR of 5% that means you might be able to send 15 hits to affiliates. At a conversion rate of maybe 10% that's 1.5 sale a day. At £2.50 commission that's £3.75 a day which is hardly ££ hundreds a month.

T0PS3O, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, no. Work on getting more traffic before you start thinking about the money. Build first, rake in the profits later.

jackburton2006, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  5. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, 3k isn't that much to be honest especially in the span of 1 month. Once you reach 30k per month, then that could be a different story. But with 100 visitors per day...you could make some money still, but odn't expect a lot unless your content and ad placement is that good.

google.com/adsense
    publisher.yahoo.com

you would do good with them

azn_romeo_4u, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  6. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that depend on content.
    If you example have website for webhosting review with 100 unique you can have easy few hundred a month ;)

sunchy, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but he has an electronics website, NOT a webhosting review site. ;)

jackburton2006, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  8. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes your right. He doesn't have a webhosting review site. There are totally both different industries. He wants to know how much he will make with his current site and not how much he will make if he had a web hosting reviews site.

john269, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  9. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It has to do with targetting. If people are actively searching for the electronics you are selling, you could make decent with those visitors. If they are just general visitors, you probably will make zilch.

I have a radar detector site that gets a good amount of visitors per day, and I don't make a dime off of it. (on average)

I have another affiliate program that I send traffic to via adwords that makes very good money. 3000 visitors to this site = $1500

Just try and get targetted visitors... that is key.

MattEvers, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  10. jtir

jtir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the importance of targeted visitors cannot be overstated. Conversion rates are very sensitive to the type of traffic they're getting. A lot of products would do better with 50 targetted clicks than with 1000 untargeted clicks.

jtir, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  11. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Targeted visitor is all that you need of course ...

sunchy, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  12. j0n

j0n Peon

Best Answers:
    3,000 a month? It's going to be somewhere under $10.

j0n, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  13. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very strange judgement in my eyes. Did you come with that figure using tarot cards or something??!

Notting, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  14. j0n

j0n Peon

Best Answers:
    3000 visitors a month, each visitor looks at an average of 3 pages (roughly, without anymore information about the sites its impossible to give an accurate figure.) - That’s 10,000 page impressions.

Let’s say he is getting an average of $1eCPM, that’s $10.

Although this doesn’t reflect the nature of affiliate programmes I believe its still the most accurate way to determine how much revenue a site of this nature would be generating.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to how quality the traffic you are receiving is.

j0n, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  15. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this depends on so many variables, beyond just the number of visitors.

It depends on your site structure -- are you selling just on your home page or is your site divided into many pages (which means a lower number of visitors to each page). It also depends on which affiliate company or program you join, on the commission per lead/sale, on the relevancy of the affiliate links to the interests of the visitors to the page containing the links, on whether you use banner ads or text links, on whether you do "pre-selling" to interest your visitors to visit your affiliate links, on the advertiser's converstion rate (of the people who go to the affiliate link, how many actually buy), and how many affiliate products or services you can find that relate to your site's topic.

In my opinion, it's not possible to even provide a rough estimate of your earnings simply knowing the type of site and the number of visitors. If you have good qualified traffic and a site theme for which there are multiple affiliate programs that pay good commissions and at least 30-day cookies, you will probably be very happy with your earnings.

ahearn, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  16. distinction

distinction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends where the traffic comes from, and where adverts are place etc..

distinction, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  17. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend. You couldnt calculate the income this way. My site has slightly less than 3000 uniques/month, but it converts to $2000+ per month for me. It's just about what affiliate program suits you best.

ashiezai, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  18. EdwinF

EdwinF Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends on the visitors.
    There are 2 types of visitors, those who believe in spending money online, and those who don't.
    Then among those who believe in spending money online there are 2 types of traffic, targeted and untargeted.

If those 3000 come from PPC, then you will probably make a decent amount of income. If those 3000 come from pop-ups, then you will earn next to nothing.

EdwinF, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  19. skiper

skiper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats cool can you share what affiliate program is it?
    Im now having 200++ uniques a day most of my traffic
    came from forums and 30-40% thru search engines.

my estimated earning for Feb will be $25-30 not bad to cover host/domain/etc expense..

I earned it thru searchfeed and it pays too low.. thats why im looking for other ppc alterantive

skiper, Feb 21, 2006 IP