1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$33,000 per month with Adsese - Why mess with this?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MikeRob, Jan 19, 2006.

1. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have 1000 domains making 20 cents a day thats still $200 a day or 72,000 a year. 10000 a year is nothing. Also these guys use bulk domain plans. Hosting is just a flat fee. Dont be stupid. Thank b4 u post.

IamNed, Feb 3, 2006 IP
    Sem-Advance likes this.
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Ned

Think before posting stupid...

Try a thing called bandwidth and the discount for domain names is not much.

Also as a business model scraping sites is short site model.

Sem-Advance, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  3. Doppy

Doppy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this guy has gone from earning $49/month to $33,000/month this year alone! We're only about 35 days into the year. This guy is a genious!

Doppy, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  4. Doppy

Doppy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, $1000 ebook? That's a pretty impressive pricetag.

Doppy, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  5. goalkick

goalkick Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google itself is way better than those books

goalkick, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  6. bambamishere

bambamishere Peon

Best Answers:
    Moe show me the way? Haven't made a dim on Adsense yet but looking for ward to it.

Anyways about those books haven't read a book ever on how to make money off the net tryed a few things but I personally like to figure things out on my own. It takes more time but I tell you the rewards are much better.

bambamishere, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  7. Atlantean

Atlantean Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree.

What is the first rule of making money? Fulfil a need. What does an aspiring, and most probably, desparate web entrepreneur need? Well, it seems that most want it all to happen RIGHT NOW! These ebook authors offer them the promise of fast riches. They feed on desire and desparation and hope. Bottom line.

I'm not saying they don't provide some useful information, but just like you want to profit from those who need Blue Widgets, these ebook peddlers are profitting from your desire make the big time.

Atlantean, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Somebody needs to write a book about how to make millions with AdWords.

All of us publishers need more advertisers. :)

Will.Spencer, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  9. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I blogged about this subject here.

MattEvers, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  10. cjshu

cjshu Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic Secrets was not an ebook. It was a package of dvds and print booklets.

BTW, You don't see a lot of these "how to make big bucks with adsense" books coming out recently. Mainly because just like they did with adwords, Google made adjustments to adsense so it wouldn't become a get rich program. I saw some of the sights these guys used. They contained almost all adsense. Plus the bidding costs on the "high dollar" keywords is so high you can't make money doing that anymore.

CJ

cjshu, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  11. koha

koha Member

Best Answers:
    Once at the horse track a fellow told me he was broke but for 2 bucks he would make a winning bet and split the profit with me.

koha, Feb 20, 2006 IP
    FeedBucket likes this.
  12. Adsense-Newguy

Adsense-Newguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought an ebook on adsense off ebay yesterday for 99cents (57 p in English) .Haven't looked at it yet as it was sent to the wrong email,but you can be certain the if I payed 57p it was worth the money.But probably only worth that much!:)
    There are so many ebooks and real books now out there they can't all be scams, but,they will all start by telling you what you can find out reading google adsense site and tell you what you can find out here ,except its up to the minute here not months old.

Adsense-Newguy, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Sem-Advance, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  14. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just started with Adsense. After three weeks, and me doing basically nothing, I'm making $25 a day. The thing is, I've got two established websites, with informed professional content. One has been up since 1996. I only solicit links to my websites from other websites that have related content. That means that, since the two websites are totally unrelated (one is about engineering, the other about cars) I do not even link each website to each other!

And I've experimented with lots of SEO techniques that have rewarded me with plenty of hits.

For the first time, I've been studying my stats closely. I figure that I can easily triple that dollar figure. With hard work, I can push it up to serious numbers. I also figure that the people that are making the big bucks also have established websites, and only allow links to their site from similar related websites.

You've got to ask yourself, who is willing to pay high click-thru prices? Not novices. For starters, you've got to build a website not for novices, but for professionals (doctors, lawyers, professional engineers, investors), where there are major corporations buying adwords at $10+ a click and not a kid in a basement paying you $0.77 per click.

Corwin, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  15. Nawaralsaadi

Nawaralsaadi Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree most of those people are probably not making what they claim, but it is possible that some who are making such money wanna go into the book business, not really to teach others perhaps, but for fame!, for people to talk about them and admire them...there many such souls that look for such attention..

Nawaralsaadi, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  16. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    If they do that, customers will soon shun them and they would be out of business very soon isn't it?
    I think as in any business, a product with the most value have a higher chance of winning.
    Making a series of DVDs and putting books in print takes lots of work. Anyone who doesn't believe they have a viable business model wouldn't even think about trying :)

projectw3, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  17. Nawaralsaadi

Nawaralsaadi Banned

Best Answers:
    projectw3, I think you misunderstood what I said, i said it is possible that some of those who are making money, wanna go into the book business for fame, meaning while they might teach people something, their primiary motivation is not the teaching part...

Nawaralsaadi, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  18. skweb

skweb Peon

Best Answers:
    We have tried affiliate programs, ebooks, and adsense and this is what we have learned now that we make five figures each month (mind you this may not be universally true but is what happened to us:
    1. There is nothing worse than affiliate programs. You create great content, send people to someone else's website, and if they don't buy - you lose. We have closed all our affiliate programs.
    2. Selling ebooks is good when you write it useful. But the book market is competitive - we never crossed four figures. Finally, we gave up.
    3. AdSense works and is 99% of our income right now. But anyone who tells you that a robot developing websites for you by stealing content is going to make you rich assumes that the whole world is an idiot - it is not. Yes, by having stolen but meaningless content (and very targeted ads) you can force some unsuspecting visitor into clicking but the reality is to create long term value you have to provide useful information to people (that is what brings them back, and generates word of mouth).

So my advice is that you can make five figures a month with AdSense or similar ads but it is in most cases only by running high quality websites that people love. By cheating the system, you might win short-term but if Google changes one line of code in its algorithm, your business would be wiped out overnight.

skweb, Mar 12, 2006 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  19. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I once wrote a book about how to make money on the interent. It was an ebook, and had one page. You paid your dollar and it got emailed to you. You open it up and it said

WRITE A BOOK ;)

<this is a joke, I would never do it, but it for me epitomises the system.>

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This matches my experience, except I keep some affiliate programs. Some because I like their niche' and others because I like their content.

Will.Spencer, Mar 12, 2006 IP