1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Online Games Site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by john269, Feb 14, 2008.

Could you please review my games site. It has over 500 free online games that you can play straight from your web browser without any signups needed. It also includes sub sections for funny videos and funny pictures. Browsing each section should be simple.

I've given a link to each section of the site, hope you like it, but if anything could be improved then please let me know.

Thanks!

john269, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  2. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The layout does the trick. The website looks exactly like someone would expect it to look. This means that new visitors won't run away when they see the website, but they won't come back for a second visit either. You might want to give the whole website a more unique look to achieve the latter. If on the other hand you count on Google SERP's for serious traffic this isn't much of a concern.

Regarding the ad integration, I think that you nailed it just about right. I wouldn't change anything there.

One other thing that I liked is the presence of custom descriptions for each item. Although they might not be some copywriting jewels, their mere presence makes the whole site look much more friendly. There's nothing more annoying than being presented with a list of games slapped with a "no description yet" message.

All in all, it's a pretty good site which manages to look major.

Hope this helps.

Regards, George

geegel, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great post. I thought the whole website did have a unique look to it. All of the scripts were written by me, there is not one use of any freely made scripts or paid scripts. I write it all in notepad. The sites logo and any other images that are not game, video or picture related have been designed by me also. Even most of the games images, and videos pictures, I have redone them so that they are unique. All descriptions are unique and did cost quite a bit to do, but at the end of the day I don't want to be like the other arcades where they just buy a games pack and then do a dump of it into their database / arcade and use all the same titles, descriptions, etc.

Glad you like it anyway and looking for more comments.

john269, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  4. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone else. Still looking for more feedback.

john269, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  5. Hetzenauer

Hetzenauer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'd change the layout and colors... is boring. there are millions websites like yours and you should stand out... first impression matters.

Hetzenauer, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  6. okrpt

okrpt Peon

Best Answers:
    loaded site .brilliant content , should do very well,loads of games ,good design very kid friendly

okrpt, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  7. todalen

todalen Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the kid friendly aspect also. I see alot of these site with adult games hitting you right off the bat/

todalen, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  8. calcalmx123

calcalmx123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice script i havent seen that before

calcalmx123, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  9. GemeTK

GemeTK Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice website, aspect is very nice, great job!

GemeTK, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your comments. The thing is, so far I have had more replies of people liking it rather than not, which is what I want. No matter how the site looks or what colors it uses there will always be a few people recommending that I should re-do the whole site. I've been designing sites for a while and always have seen this happen to my site and many others when people ask for reviews. So far so good, I have not really had many small recommendations to change anything small yet though.

john269, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    peter_anderson likes this.
  11. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe change the logo? And, otherwise its great! Well Done.

peter_anderson, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    Johnnyboi91 likes this.
  12. shuo85

shuo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey.. where is the download option for your funny videos hehe

shuo85, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  13. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your comments. Still would like some further comments.

john269, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  14. Patricksia2007

Patricksia2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite a clean website... However, I think there are still rooms for improvement.

You might want to put in some interactive features to better engage your readers and also to make your website more unique. One of the examples I could think of is to highlight one of the games you have and display a polling function for your reader to vote on. In this way, you will also be able to better understand your reader as well.

To further attract your readers, you might also want to consider putting in those games whereby the graphics or pictures that appeared to be more professional taken in your home page.

You might also want to breakdown your games into different pages and categories into different areas. Example - Adventure games, Sport games, Puzzle games and etc.

Hope that the above information will help you.
    Cheers!

Patricksia2007, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  15. jagannath_4all

jagannath_4all Peon

Best Answers:
    a bit dull colors.... otherwise nice design and also a bit of stats would do good like top games played etc :)

p.s. see my games site I made a custom theme myself :D (though I'm noob themer :p )

_

jagannath_4all, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  16. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It seems you may have not seen the categories. Not sure how, but I have already broke the games down by category. You can see this in the top left of the site. I then also have sub sections at the top right of the page so that you can either play games, look at pictures or watch videos. Each sub section has it's own categories on the top left hand side.

john269, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    geegel likes this.
  17. JPR

JPR Peon

Best Answers:
    Site looks ok, the colours are blank and not too keen on the straignt edges of buttons, tabs etc but wish you good luck with future of the site

JPR, Mar 11, 2008 IP