1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

@ Admins - URGENT SUGGESTION! This is serious now!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by shenron, Feb 15, 2008.

1. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, well... that was what I wanted to say, but well... :D

Really, I think that there must be some kind of very strict rule to enter that section these days, I'm not sure which, but I really believe something must be done.

And I don't care more about my DP account than I care about GD or PP, I didn't make it clear, the problem is that with all these hacked DP accounts, people keep scamming others and neither PP or GD will even bother to help you.

I've been talking to the mods recently, and if you start digging the BST section you'll notice that 3 or 4 guys have been banned yesterday because of this...

I'll just keep reporting and try to help around.

shenron, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  2. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its a forum and also a market plac, if wasnt a market place, tell me why is has a market place within its forum!

kevthegr8, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  3. iain123

iain123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just be aware of scammer emails in your mail as everyone should be allways aware of anyway :)

iain123, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  4. Muneeb2Good

Muneeb2Good Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i think most of the scammer's activities are in B/S/T section, but that is the most important place for those who rely on it, I m a Directory Submitter and earns whatever i can with that business only, if it will be close then i think we will get a great loss here. I Request you guys not go against B/S/T section or to totally close it, Just get some other ideas for the solution and I think most of the people know what is phishing e-mails/PM's and all that.. but for those who are new might get some harm... I think making an announcement will be a good idea. Or adding some descriptions and details in the Welcome PM to every new member :)

Regards,
    Muneeb

Muneeb2Good, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    How about putting the blame on Al Gore and petition for the Internet to be shut down :) That will definitely end all online scams. You may receive one or two 419 types of letters in the post once in a while but I think that's it.

wisdomtool, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  6. saxDesigns

saxDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely irrelevant. Google started as a search engine, but it dosen't mean features like Adwords, Maps, etc, aren't valuable assets..

Closing the BST is a bad idea IMO. The positive points of it far outweigh the negatives. There will always be risks when using it, but if people don’t like that, then they shouldn't use it, simple.

saxDesigns, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  7. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a nonsense " Close B/S/T section " if it gonna happen many people will not use DP anymore especially considering the fact that there are many good alternatives for selling websites and domains , also I think that serious players are avoiding to use DP as their favorite forum and DP stuff should pay attention on that argument , rather then to lose the existing part of members which are still using BST section . DP is a very good place but it's full with scammers I agree , I can say that I'm new member hear compared to others , but I've read too many " I got scammed " threads in here. DP should have very strict rules for those members who are going to to post in marketplace forum , I really think that 25 post is not enough , 250 sounds better for me , also BST section should be private in order not to attract new scammers.

rentdn, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  8. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Actually that would cure quite a few of the ills - scammers would have to go elsewhere, moderator workload would decrease by a mile and the load on the servers would drop considerably. If you throw in the 'Politics & Religion' section I would be sorely tempted. ;)

mcfox, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  9. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Would be cool to see another zero in DP's alexa :D

DomainMagnate, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  10. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right Michael , i was thinking the same :D

rentdn, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  11. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i report like 10 thread everyday..but so many time no action is taken..i feel stupid doing it..

like this one
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=706548

shouldn't it be in contest instead of GC?

ahkip, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    buffalo, GreenGambler and allout like this.
  12. chenzen

chenzen Active Member

Best Answers:
    But the BST section has grown so much that if you are in internet marketing you just cannot ignore it and top internet marketers invariably mention digital point forums as a resource site where you can buy and sell in their best selling ebooks.

Maybe spinoff BST into a separe subdomain and retain the original forum as a webmaster thingy.

Lots of marketing newbies have broken their internet virignity in the BST section.:D

chenzen, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.