1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Revealed Earnings - Revisited

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by miles, Feb 21, 2006.

Ok guys I realize this has been poked and prodded already but I think it's still worth discussing. Yes I have a ptinted copy of the Google Adsense TOS in my toilet and I realize the part about revealing earnings has been removed but - how much is too much when revealing your Adsense earnings? My reasoning is two-fold:

A) I would like to start discussing my adsense earnings in complete detail on my blog to illustrate some techniques I employ.

B) I have written some software that I use privately that does some analytics on Adsense accounts. This point should be fine but the data is dumped to .html files which can then be be spidered I would assume. Again this is a webmasters analytics tool.

If anyone can give any concrete details on how much is too much when discussing your Adsense $bling$ publicly, I would really appreciate it ;)

miles, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  2. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    You should run everything past the adsense team if you plan to do anything other than give an overall figure of earnings, if you start breaking it down and giving any specifics and get your account banned I don't think saying "someone on DP said it was ok" will cut it.

sji2671, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just shut up and enjoy your income :D (Benefits are) :
    1. No danger of getting your account banned
    2. You will continue earn money
    3. More resepect from fellow experts

Just build the content of your website and update it frequently, you will earn better ranking (SERPS) as well as more money.

maldives, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    FeedBucket likes this.
  4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm let me rephrase my question another way maybe:

Q: has anyone personally heard of or know a domain being dropped from Adsense for openly discussing their earnings (after the TOS update).

I do plan to run this by the Adsense team to get an official response but, figured an open discussion might reveal some answers and save me the 7 day wait on a reply from G.

miles, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  5. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    you could just use the % figures, i.e. my ctr went up 20%, earnings 50%... that way you are not revealing the actual figures

fgs, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  6. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    If anyone says yes it's fine spill yer guts, would you go ahead?
    Why even post, there is only one body that can answer your Q, if I give my opinion or anyone else its is but an opinion. Just speak to Adsense and be done, do some research and you will find plenty of TOS banned accounts - Dont be one of them.

sji2671, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  7. jontra_volta

jontra_volta Peon

Best Answers:

first read this article because i think this guy had same issue as you do before he wrote it.
    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_read_a_google_adsense_report.html

then, like most people advise here for the most replys on this subforum i'm afraid that you have to do the following :

email the adsense team.

there's no quick way for this problem.

jontra_volta, Feb 24, 2006 IP