1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Show i qiut my job.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SEOBusiness, Feb 15, 2008.

I am have a job which makes me 465 dollars per month,i am thinking to quit this job and start my business online.I am running a few sites,but i did not put any adsense on them.So i am only make $$ month from my websites right now,mostly are link sale.Shall i qiut my job and dedicated myself with my online business?

I really dislike my present job,if i quit my job,i will be free and make myself $$$ from my sites.

Really confused as that job was provide by my uncle:(,I do not want to hurt him:(

Please give me suggestions,i am almost :mad:

SEOBusiness, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. Kevin T Perry

Kevin T Perry Peon

Best Answers:
    I would wait until you make enough off your websites to sustain yourself. Obviously this will take hard work and a lot of time, but there are thousands of people here on DP that are doing the same thing!

Kevin T Perry, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  3. mookie9920

mookie9920 Peon

Best Answers:
    465 dollars per month? is that a typo? where do you live?

mookie9920, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  4. luemob

luemob Peon

Best Answers:
    why not read what you wrote and follow your own advice, it sounds like you quit a long time ago.

luemob, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  5. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quit only if you have alternate source of income at least what you are currently making from your salary.

bobchrist, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  6. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    hi there,

you can quit to your job if you are earning a big amount on your online business, make this as your sideline thats my advice to you my friend because now a days its hard for us to find a real job.

wholahay, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Before quitting, maybe you should ensure that your online earnings can at least be more than what you are currently earning. If not I suggested working double hard both at your regular job and online works until you achieve that.

Don't quit before you have a strong financial earnings online. Or you may be hard press for money later on.

wisdomtool, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quite the job damm i never had a job why to waste time and work for 450+ when you can make more ...

w3bmaster, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  9. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on what country you are in, in many parts of the world $450 is a lot of money. I was speaking to someone here on the forums last week who earns $70 a month..... unreal I know, I spend twice that on a friday on beer..... it makes me feel really the "capitalist pig" lol lol

in all seriousness though, dont quit your job until you are earning MORE online than offline, EVEN THEN DONT BURN YOUR BRIDGES WITH YOUR EMPLOYER - YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT ALL MIGHT GO WRONG!!!

MOG, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  10. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I also believe you need to have more assurances before you quit your job, not everyone can earned $450/mth online

wisdomtool, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  11. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am living in China right now,I am exporting goods to us and uk,you can buy 3 bottles of beer with 1 dollar here,so $450+ is okay to have a living here.I am gathering money for myself to study in UK or US,by the way,how much shall i make to support my study in UK or US per year?

Well,i will stay with my uncle for another six months,let's see what's going to happen with my sites.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Maybe i shall update this thread in six months:D.Thank you all your supports my friends:)

SEOBusiness, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  12. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Get your sites up and earning online consistently first before quitting your real job, may we see you as a full time web master in 6 months time!

wisdomtool, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  13. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had some jobs but quited or my contract completed few years back. I didn't want to get a job because it didn't pay good enough. So I started online business and I am getting decent money now.

I think I would suggest you to take online business as a part time work for now. As your studies, You can do better with you free times in online work.

Well, best of luck with your studies..

best regards
    digital duke

digitalduke, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  14. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also advise you to stick with your current job while building your websites. Work on getting them set up, promote them well and then once you get them to a point where you are consistently earning a comfortable amount (more than $500 or whatever your target is) you can consider quitting your job.

Before you actually quit your job you should also make sure that you have enough savings put away so you can cover all your expenses for at least six months. That way you'll have an emergency fund to last you until you are settled again and just in case something drastic happens to the revenue generation of your sites.

Crusader, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  15. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just have added google adsense to one of my sites.Now i am going to choose a good niche and start another site.

Any of you know some tool to help me to find a nice niche/keyword?I need something like this before i register another domain.

Thank you and best regards,

Avery Lin

SEOBusiness, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  16. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Are you making 465 dollars per month online?
    Quit the job if you are.

Richie_Ni, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  17. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would quit if that job provides you with NO benefits like insurances........ my job sucks also, I am a janitor and scrub floors all day, very hard work especially now that I am getting older,,,,, ie 48.

The job pays me only $1,200 net a month after 30 years there.... yes 30 years, I am here in the states, I started there when I got out of high school in 1978, I had NO idea what to do or be as far as working then, I still don't. I hated school and struggled to get c grades. The one thing my job does provide is, even with the low wages it pays all my monthly rent and utilities, I can live off it. But what it really provides that I need is it pays my life insurance policy, it pays almost all of my health insurance policy and it pays 90% of any prescriptions, and now at age 48 I have prescription medicine that would cost me over $300 a month without this job and the insurance it pays........ I would need to make a LOT on the net before quitting a regular job....... you should really think it over long.

So even if your job only provides you with $465 per month, if it pays any insurances you would need to make a lot more than that off the net, to make up for quitting it, also compare the jobs stability compared to making money with ypn, adsense or any other net programs which can fluctuate greatly as far as earnings....... and stability of staying in any net programs.

bluegill_catcher, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  18. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    That is quite a nightmare for you, but at least I see that you are at least now a webmaster, hopefully your online earnings will grow and help supplement your regular earnings.

wisdomtool, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  19. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Personally I would quit even if it's a problem. Saying that you want to study (and live) in US/UK/Canada is other problem , cost of living (especially services and in your case (China where goods very cheap) - goods) pretty high, so it will be some exchange, but anyway better than about $500 a month. You can at least allow yourself cars and other things which is next to impossible in 3rd world with regular salary, yet western guys think opposite, lol:)

I think that anyone can do $500 a month online if it's the case. Just work your butt on it and it will happen anyway. It's not $5k or $50k, it's 100% doable over time.

I am with w3bmaster here, it's just that case. When I am thinking how much I loose when I don't do what I am doing I want to cut my head off:)

SEOLinker, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  20. supernoobice

supernoobice Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't make your sites provide you more than you're earning on your regular job, Ill say save money that would cover 6 months of your expenses before you quit. 6 months should be enough to find yourself and test your wings.

supernoobice, Feb 17, 2008 IP