1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense + Kontera conclusion.......

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by oncameratalent, Feb 15, 2008.

?

In YOUR opinion, what is the best supplemental program to Adsense (on same website)

Poll closed Oct 7, 2009.
  1. AdBrite

21.4%
  2. Chitika

12.9%
  3. WidgetBucks

4.3%
  4. Kontera

50.0%
  5. Commission Junction

15.7%
  6. Clickbank

10.0%
  7. VibrantMedia

2.9%
  8. IntelliTXT

4.3%
  9. Linkshare

2.9%
  10. YPN

5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    After months of testing Kontera as a suppliment to my Adsense on my websites, I have come to a conclusion. Kontera was a failure as a suppliment to Adsense.

First of all, the amount a person gets per click from Kontera (132 clicks = $6.30) is a tiny percentage of what Adsense pays per click. I received messages from people who said that their Kontera earnings per click has dropped dramatically the last few months.

Also, from my testing, having Kontera on the same websites as Adsense causes my CTR on Adsense to drop. Thus a drop in overall revenue. Some people have claimed that it is not the same case on their websites, but I am just reporting my findings.

Also, I received an email from Konera stating that the Kontera code was not implemented correctly on my Blogger pages. They said to place the Kontera code directly above the </body> tag in the HTML. Obviously the optimization team doesn't even read their own "Kontera Blog". When anyone puts the ContentLink Tag directly before the </body> tag on a Blogger template code, the Kontera ads will not show on the Blogger page. You need to go to the dashboard, click on "layout", then click on "add a page element" , add HTML, place the ContentLink Tag there, and place the new element at the bottom of the page. It gives these EXACT directions on the Kontera blog!

When I received this email from Kontera, my ads were working fine. Then I tried to take the optimization teams advice just to humor myself and placed the ContentLink Tag directly above the </body> tag in my HTML. The ads all of a sudden did not show. But I already knew this from when I originally figured out how to correctly place the ContentLink tag on a Blogger template.

I also had several emails to them not returned. They were mostly regarding payment form. I asked that my payment be PayPal. They finally said that I was already set up for PayPal. Then I received a paper check. Then I asked that my next payment be direct deposit into my checking account. They finally wrote back and said that the changes have been made to my account. Then out of the blue I received a message saying to go to their help pages to find out how to change my payment method. I don't even know how my next payment will be sent to me now.

Everything is done through a message to them. They have no "account page" where you can do things like update payment method.

So in summation, I have removed Kontera from my pages. For now I am stuck with only Adsense until I can find another good suppliment. It is scary having all my eggs in one basket (Adsense).

:(

oncameratalent, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    UKWebmasterForum likes this.
  2. JinAdSales

JinAdSales Peon

Best Answers:
    I found the same thing, Kontera is low dough.. not worth angering readers with it.

JinAdSales, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  3. ugyen

ugyen Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the Same Problem, The Konetra Support doesn't seems to response, They Have my Payment Hold For Last Couple of Months After I was Due to Be Sent Check, I did Email them to Send me Payment but they Redirect to "Help Blog". Its Weird, I am Yet to Receive $USD 520. I wonder whether they are Cheating on me.

ugyen, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  4. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For me Kontera usually earns about 3/4 what Adsense does, so it's been a great complement to my earnings.. In recent months though earnings dropped dramatically - although it's back on the rise.

I have always gotten great support from Kontera by emailing my account manager - i thought everybody got an account manager, so i dont understand why you guys arent using yours ..

Finally, i've never noticed any detectable drop in Adsense CTR when using Kontera

that said:
    I have recently tested Chitika Linx, and it performed VERY well. I will be doing more testing with it in the future.

Tearabite, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  5. ameran

ameran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had Kontera on my pages few months ago. Every member of my websites sends me emails, that they do not like it, because Kontera use the targeted keywords. After that I closed my Kontera account. I think, Adsense are better than Kontera.

ameran, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  6. oncameratalent

oncameratalent Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know I had an account manager. I switched ISP providers and the original Kontera email was lost when my old ISP closed my email account. I am going to write Kontera and see if I can find out who my account manager is.

That just might make a huge difference.

By the way, I tried Chitika Linx for a couple of days, but the ads were extremely irrelevant to my content. Does it take some time to "optimize"? At least Kontera ads were somewhat relevent.

oncameratalent, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  7. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My Chitika Linx ads were less relevant than Kontera's ads - but, the ePC was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher, and eCPM was MORE than 4x what Kontera was.. Now, these were "unaudited" numbers.. i'm waiting to see what my Chitika "audited" numbers look like at the end of the month.. Might be a total different story after the 'audit' ..

Tearabite, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  8. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    Adbrite works pretty good for me, besides adsense

Proximity, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  9. limalan88

limalan88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just started Kontera and still testing. But the earnings compared to adsense is really low(around 2-3% of what I earn with adsense)

limalan88, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  10. onLoad

onLoad Peon

Best Answers:
    Surprised! Do they audit our earnings? Adsense don't. So, I bet they aren't worth trying. Or am I mistaken?

onLoad, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  11. oncameratalent

Best Answers:
    I found out who my Kontera account manager is, and have since started testing Kontera alongside Adsense again. It looks like Kontera revenue is on the rise now. Just thought I would spread the news.

oncameratalent, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  12. jackask

jackask Peon

Best Answers:
    I notice from Adsense channel, the eCPM on page without other ad network script is higher compare to page with other network scripts - anybody have the same experience ??
    Due to the low payout of other networks compare to Adsense .... I was thinking whether by using adsense only will earn more compare to adsense+other networks ??

jackask, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  13. myadsense

myadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Kontera is getting lower and lower for me...I am trying Bidvertiser and Chitika..

myadsense, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  14. xredburn

xredburn Guest

Best Answers:
    I prefer Adbrite inline ads.

xredburn, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  15. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wouldn't complain about them as Kontera is performing almost same as Adsense on my site.. like Tearabite said, it was down for like one and a half months but again, gaining its position.

Abhik, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  16. UKWebmasterForum

UKWebmasterForum Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all I cannot really take part in your poll since I haven't experimented with many ad publishing programs, although I can say your thread was very good research for me since I have always wondered what AdSense and Kontera perform like together.

Weird though since when I asked a similar question not long ago people were telling me that they mix perfectly and they compliment each other.

Thanks, rep for your brilliant post.

UKWebmasterForum, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  17. MrMOJO

MrMOJO Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've removed Kontera completely. Decent concept...but not enough advertisers in my genre (automotive), glitchy and slow coding (At the beginning, last year, I kept mousing over my ads to see what they would say..got an email from Kont. saying they were registering too many clicks from my IP lol, just from mousing over! weird eh?)

Only made about $50 with Kont. over the past year or so... and roughly $23,000 with Adsense.. that's a 15% decrease from the year befores adsense even though my avg cpc went up. I believe the issue to lay solely with kontera "stealing" those adsense clicks and paying out extremely low numbers in comparison.

I held out, gave them a heck of a shot at the big money game.. but in the end, it's too small an enterprise to truly compete.

MrMOJO, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  18. oncameratalent

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know when Yahoo Publishers Network will be available to the general public? I applied with YPN last week and have not received an answer yet. What does it take to get accepted?

oncameratalent, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  19. myadsense

myadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using Kontera for the last two months and earned about 53$(without any bonus)...I thought they will pay when someone reached 50$....but recently I checked their website and their minimum pay out is 100$...now it is really getting difficult to reach minimum payout....earning like 0.04 c per day...

myadsense, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  20. mysmehmood

mysmehmood Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i tries kontera with adsense for almost 2 months. just made few cents, so i dropped kontera and olny using adsense .

earching for good supliment :)

mysmehmood, Feb 21, 2008 IP