1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jon's rant

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by M5love, Feb 12, 2008.

1. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly!!! You can call me what you want as long as my commission checks keep rolling in LOL...I guess shoemoney still needs to get a real job :)

BlueDevilMedia, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  2. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what shoe has replied to his mom when she said that "boy, you gotta get a job where you stay" (or "get a real job") :p

Game Producer, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  3. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that some guy had made one of those "how much do you make with affiliate marketing" threads over at wickedfire and they cursed him and called him a moron. I have mixed feelings about that kind of response. On one hand I don't like repetitive threads like that but on the other hand it discourages people from participating.

YoungSmeagol, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  4. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you have described is pure Wickedfire. You have mentioned not liking repetitive threads- they really come down hard on threads that have been discussed a few times and can be found via search. Unlike DP where you get the same questions asked again and again, they have almost no tolerance for it. As for discouraging participation, they don't care to be honest. There is a sticky thread for newbies to Wickedfire which would save many newbies there from ridicule - not many read it I guess.

The thing about Wickedfire is that it comes across as arrogant and all. I have to admit however, that I have learnt more there about making money online than anywhere else (including DP). One can go through older threads there and discover some excellent information that will help them.

As for Jon, if he says anything about himself, I don't believe it much. Even the members at WickedFire takes any claims he makes about himself (though some do end up being true and provable) with intial skepticism. His rants are usually ok though and do have some measure of truth. Still think some of his changes at WF were smegged though.

Claudek, Feb 20, 2008 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  5. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been on www.wickedfire.com for a while now, I have to say that threads like this make it a funny place to be.

chriswick, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  6. Swapw

Swapw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, what I do is screen out the junk and learn. They've got a lot of good resources there but definitely a lot of screening to do.

Swapw, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  7. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When On wickedfire be very weary of rick rolls...

mubin, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Clever people like Shoemoney will never reveal their true tricks and if so, they are likely to face stiff competition (Never get hurt by the knife that you have sharpened yourself!). They will exploit all other gullible people by telling some frivolous things and try to earn as big as possible in no time. That is the secret every one has to emulate!

dairyman, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  9. lslars31

lslars31 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that is part of the reason I keep coming back to his blog! I absolutely love the UFC stuff and I love hearing what is going on in the Marketing/Internet world. The actual stuff he writes is good too and I do get a lot out of it. For some reason his blog is my favorite out of all of them.

lslars31, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  10. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    John Chow's videos are great. The one about the ShareASale party a few days ago with all that fancy crap.
    Water was filling the tub from a faucet in the ceiling. The showed had like 5 different showerheads and a view of the city (with no curtain).

airraid81, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  11. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Somebody shoot this fucking thread already.

I could be wrong, but this "Jon" sounds a bit of a piss ant to me.

Perry Rose, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  12. browie

browie Peon

Best Answers:
    Jon banned me since I posted a pic of him and Shoe together at some conference. He was a little teenage girl about it and said that was sooo long ago. I just thought it was funny that I was able to find something like that. LoL

browie, Feb 28, 2008 IP