1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC - Landing Pages - Clickbank. My $2,000 Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by PayPerClickbank, Feb 11, 2008.

1. wicked9690

wicked9690 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm curious if you're using review style landing pages or focusing on just one affiliate per landing page?

Thanks

wicked9690, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Landing pages and PPC keywords are my biggest weakness. The more you can help me out with that the better:)

mikey1090, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  3. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    "I'm curious if you're using review style landing pages or focusing on just one affiliate per landing page?"

Both, it depends on the current competition of the keyword.

PayPerClickbank, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  4. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a lot of testing to finish so i combined day 2 and day 3 together

Day 2: Ad Costs: $150 Profit: $80 Yikes!

Summary: I guess it's true ,when it rains it really pours. I really wasn't phased by yesterday being one of the best days and today being one of the worst days. Overall today, I really didn't do much. I had to let my test campaigns get more impressions and clicks so I could anaylze them tonight.

Lessons: Some days are just bad ones, and theres no reasoning behind it. Well, one of the most important lessons I learned in the past snuck up on me today; Geo Targeting! Geo Targeting! I said it twice to get it in your head. I forgot to add and subtract some countries from 2 of my campaigns. Some convert better ane some just don't. Again! test, apply, retest ,and so on... By the way I am running a total of 7 campaigns, but with 2 of them being my bread & butter.

My Goals for tommorow: Finish 1 new landing page, and pick top converting ads out of my campaigns.

Day 3: Total sales: $400 Spent: $125 Profit: $275

Summary: I didn't spend as much today, and I'll tell you why in my lessons of the day. Well I'm back!, and i think my ad testing from yesterday is what helped me a little. I'm still finishing my landing page as I speak. I am also trying to get on a better work schedule 10a.m-8p.m(Another one of my longterm goals), cause I'm waiting on a call with an Azoogle rep.

Lessons: I made another very costly mistake that i learned a while back. I guess i've been busy lately with my new landing page and tweaking my ads that I forgot about one of the best features of adwords, Scheduling! Now how I did I go about learning the best times, AND DAYS to promote my ADs. Clickbank history! Simply just go into transactions, type in the aff id in the box and search from day1. Export that CSV file into excel and you'll see when your ads perform best. Usually Foreign countries perform best when US ads don't(timezone). Sometimes I only keep an ad going for 4 hours, to be profitable. This strategy alone, could be what helps you make profit on competitive keywords.

Goals for tommorow: Yeah!, my scary testing is over, and I can go back to the simple testing of my campaigns and start adding new ones, for now.
    I will also finish my Aweber Emails for the opt-in form I will be adding Saturday to all my sites. I would really like it if someone has some good information on writing high-converting emails with your email list. I have most of my emails made for about 3 days of newsletters, but want to make sure I have the best content to convert the missed buyers.

**Out of curiousity does anyone have any information or a case study on using 2 different ads with 2 different landing pages for one keyword. Could this increase conversions?

PayPerClickbank, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  5. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many keywords do you generally have per 1 product you promote? and how relevant is it to your product? I am struggling with keyword finding and tracking the converted keyword :(

argothiusz, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  6. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really interesting stuff, and good updates. Keep us informed and good luck!

Game Producer, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  7. JerryMarketing

JerryMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Good post! Keep up the good work!

JerryMarketing, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  8. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some good and bad news today.

Good News: I am finally feeling pretty good, I'm around 1,000 clicks a day, compared to about 600 from last week and my ads and landing pages are converting pretty good. And consistency, I think may be mine(knock on wood). I finished the rough draft of my new landing page, but the product I'm promoting unfortunatley is a physical product, beneficial drugs to be exact. I did some research with spyfu, and am going to try this site out.(Keep my fingers crossed)

Bad News: With my spending of almost $150 a day now, i spent around 2k in the last 2 weeks. Which unfortunately is the most i can spend for 2 weeks. So sorry to say my ads will stop probably saturday morning. And I won't be back up till tuesday evening. Of course my posts won't stop, becuase I have a lot of work to do this week, and I don't take off on the weekends, just "long breaks" to the club.

Lessons: We'll I have some competition on one of my hot keywords. He basically stole the first line of my ad, and its basically the same ideal. Usually this happens and i see some less sales, but usally they don't know how to work this keyword, and they end up losing money and leaving. :). This time though I can't wait till they leave my keyword so I can analyze my campaign further(I usually let my campaigns work 2-3 days, before I make any major changes). Besides this nothing big today.

Oh yeah Thursday I Spent: $110 Made: $357 Profit: $247. Not too bad, but then again I've always loved thursdays!

PayPerClickbank, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  9. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Heh, thanks for the update - Good stuff. Any specific tips on what type of stuff you are testing and what you've made to get your landing pages convert? How much you spend (split) testing your sites? How you choose the products?

And good luck with your venture (again) :)

Game Producer, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  10. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is against googles Terms and will get your account ban.
    Although sometimes I would really like to do it!

Swerd, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  11. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    "Heh, thanks for the update - Good stuff. Any specific tips on what type of stuff you are testing and what you've made to get your landing pages convert? "

Dear Game,
    I may have mentioned this early in this thread, but the main things I test are ads; titles, body, and url. landing page; usually layout, tone, and content. keywords: CPC, and new keywords. I'll elaborate a little on layout, tone, and content. What I usually do first Is try 2 or 3 totally different sites with a complete different style. Example: one of the sites probably get the user to click ASAP to the AFF page, and the other gives ton of content then they click. Sometimes I hardcore presell, sometimes i just give a review.

"How much you spend (split) testing your sites?"
    Time I spend?, Usually most of my work is testing, retesting and so on. Besides analyzing and testing, websites creating is were a lot of my time goes.

"How you choose the products? "
    Usually I don't spend a ton of time on this, some of my best converters were already known converters with high competition. But Overall I use alot of tools to find my new niches. Actually I was going to cover this in a future update, but I'll share the main tool I use for now. Affiliate Elite and KeywordCompete! They are very expensive and not meant for low budget beginner PPCers.(about $30-50 a month). The crappy part about new markets is that about 3/5 of new markets i try don't all work, and if they do it's not an explosion of new sales.

**Out of curiousity does anyone have any information or a case study on using 2 different ads with 2 different landing pages for one keyword. Could this increase conversions?

"This is against googles Terms and will get your account ban.
    Although sometimes I would really like to do it! "

Hey Swerd, I wasn't clear about this, i don't use two accounts, I def not trying to get banned. Just talking about plain old split testing...

Hopefully I answered your questions!

P.S. Anyone find good resources on writing high converting emails?

PayPerClickbank, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  12. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answers (by the way, there's the QUOTE buttons [​IMG][​IMG] which you can use...)

These answers are good, but it would be great to see exact examples & products & websites you are using... with detailed stats and whatnot (perhaps make it to an ebook? ;)).

Game Producer, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  13. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Am I missing something, I thought this was a thread about making money via ClickBank, not PPC with physical products.

14. media

media Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope you reach 3 to $4000 a day

media, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  15. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I did mention earlier that it will be 90% clickbank, part of one of my goals was to move forward and rely less on clickbank and move on to Azzogle(CPA) and physical products(yesterday of course).

Thanks man, If i don't let the bad days get to me, and stay strong with my goals, its doable. Actually after reaching this goal i was going to strive for 3k for my next goal.

Ok, No update yet, but the day isn't over yet. I'll try and be as specific as I can get in the future.

I really appreciate the help & Thanks for the support guys and gals!

PayPerClickbank, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  16. NewTier

NewTier Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for making this post I look forward to reading this. :)

NewTier, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  17. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    It's Friday night or saturday morning and I really had a bad day today, but I didn't let it get to me andI persevered!

$101 spent. made $236. Profit $135 bucks.

I've been getting some PMs by newcomers starting IM. Let me give you some advice I told them. In no particular order.
    1st. Read this forum, make the search your friend and read some more, there really is some solid advice and people on here.
    2nd: Starting out beginners with no or low capital, shouldn't probably start on PPC alone. Honestly If I started again, I would start article marketing to even out my Adwords budget, that would supply me to have more room for error with PPC. So in otherwords BUM Marketing is great to start out with and there's nothing wrong with it, hell! some people are good at it and thats mainly what they do.
    3rd. "how do I find a market?". It's not easy, usually you have to take a leap of faith and go for a first product, or a known good product with high competition, and find your niche. Once you have a good grasp at your first successful product, you will find it much easier to progress.
    4th: Google Adwords Is a &%$^)!, how do i beat it. Well I wish I could help you with this one, but the truth is everytime I think I have it figured out, it bites me in the ass. The best advice I can probably give you is: stay-up-to-date, google will always be keeping people on their feet with new features, so you just have to keep learning to keep your head above water.
    5th: Testing, Retesting, and Testing again.

Summary of Friday: My bread and butter stopped today! I'm talking about my #2 converting product, My Best Day I had 8 sales, I average 5-6 a day. I made 1, to make it even worse it was at 11:45p.m. I got a little stressed and then I started heading over to my digital stress ball the "ClickbankSucks" threads(ahhhh). Don't worry I didn't do it... I forced myself over to aweber and I watched some of the free marketing videos they supply. But 620 Clicks and 1 Sale!

Lessons: I am starting to learn that I should be checking my ads daily! Now what I mean by this, is that I've caught a lot of competition coming in and ruining my sales for the day. Yes, I usually do catch it, but sometimes only after a week. I would guess that If I started checking my ads everyday to make sure that some competition didn't sneak in to undermine me, I could probably make an extra $15k a year just by doing this alone. That figure may be only true for me, but believe me when I say this, Ad position is a HUGE DEAL!

Tommorow is saturday and despite a really solid week for me, this weeks sales won't get back to me untill the 18th of March.(Google Invoicing possible?). This week I will try to get 2 new pages done, and my opt-in forms finished and ready to go. That is, only if you guys push me hard enough this week.

PayPerClickbank, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  18. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    It's Friday night or saturday morning and I really had a bad day today, but I didn't let it get to me and I persevered.

$101 spent. made $236. Profit $135 bucks.

I've been getting some PMs by newcomers starting IM. Let me give you some advice I told them. In no particular order.
    1st. Read this forum, make the search button your friend and then read some more, there really is some solid advice and people on here.
    2nd. Starting out beginners with no or low capital, shouldn't probably start on PPC alone. Honestly If I started again, I would start article marketing to even out my Adwords budget, that would supply me to have more room for error with PPC. So in otherwords BUM Marketing is great to start out with and there's nothing wrong with it, hell! some people are good at it and thats mainly what they do.
    3rd. "how do I find a market?". It's not easy, usually you have to take a leap of faith and go for a first product, or a known good product with high competition, and find your niche. Once you have a good grasp at your first successful product, you will find it much easier to progress.
    4th. Google Adwords Is a &%$^)!, how do i beat it. Well I wish I could help you with this one, but the truth is everytime I think I have it figured out, it bites me in the ass. The best advice I can probably give you is: stay-up-to-date, google will always be keeping people on their feet with new features, so you just have to keep learning to keep your head above water.
    5th: Testing, Retesting, and Testing again.

Summary of Friday: My bread and butter stopped today! I'm talking about my #2 converting product, My Best Day I had 8 sales, I average 5-6 a day. I made 1, to make it even worse it was at 11:45p.m. I got a little stressed and then I started heading over to my digital stress ball the "ClickbankSucks" threads(ahhhh). Don't worry I didn't do it... I forced myself over to aweber and I watched some of the free marketing videos they supply. But 620 Clicks and 1 Sale!

Lessons: I am starting to learn that I should be checking my ads daily! Now what I mean by this, is that I've caught a lot of competition coming in and ruining my sales for the day. Yes, I usually do catch it, but sometimes only after a week. I would guess that If I started checking my ads everyday to make sure that some competition didn't sneak in to undermine me, I could probably make an extra $15k a year just by doing this alone. That figure may be only true for me, but believe me when I say this, Ad position is a HUGE DEAL!

Tommorow is saturday and despite a really solid week for me, this weeks sales won't get back to me untill the 18th of March.(Google Invoicing possible?). This week I will try to get 2 new pages done, and my opt-in forms finished and ready to go. That is, only if you guys push me hard enough this week.

1. per·se·vere Pronunciation[pur-suh-veer] –verb
    to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.

PayPerClickbank, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  19. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Thanks again for the update.

What priced products are you selling?

Game Producer, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  20. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPerClick

What do you think is it possible to success with Adwords without your own landing pages? Only using affiliate links as a destination url?

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 16, 2008 IP