1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

v7ndotcom elursrebmem SEO Contest

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hulkster, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Translation: You mean the - makes quite a difference?

er...I don't think so!!!! Look at the Redscowl Bluesingsky listings. #1 listing is.....grrr!!!! :mad:

Nintendo, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  2. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no, probably no difference. Perhaps without is one inch better.

Jim_Westergren, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  3. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats Jim! that you are getting business because of this contest :)
    This contest is a lot bigger than I thought and if the WSJ is writting about it has some value for sure.

Another great thing is that there were two swedish websites in the top 10 for a while, let us hope we can manage to get in 3 sites in the top 10.
    I know that would be very hard but who knows perhaps Googlebot likes Swedes?
    Well, ehum speaking about Googlebot there is something that I want you all to listen to.

*Exclusive recording of Googlebot speaking about the V7ndotcom Elursrebmem Contest*

To listen to the file visit my blog or via this direct link: Googlebot speaks about V7ndotcom Elursrebmem

Now let´s get back to the real world shall we :)

Some positive things about this contest I want to mention.
    You really learn a lot about SEO when entering a contest like this, at least I have. You also seem to get in contact with skilled webmasters and SEO´s all around the world which is good for future teamwork etc.

Marcus_Westberg, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  4. Serious

Serious Peon

Best Answers:
    I can confirm that, there is a lot to learn. First about the algo of the search engines. Second about the candidates, the fora and other SEO resources. Third about the good directories. But let's not forget it is also a lot of fun!
    Wanna learn Image SEO?

Serious, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  5. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Hi folks,

As previously mentioned, a PR and BL update is underway at G. As is well known, the figures will fluctuate for at least a week, but just for the novelty of it, I've pointed PR queries at the datacenter that's currently showing PR (intermittantly: 64.233.167.104).

So, basically, if anyone is interested in their PR as it emerges, the PR metric on your v7ndotcom elursrebmem scorecard will update accordingly.

The next (nichedynamics score cards) update will happen in about an hour.

Sometime in the next 24 hours, I'm going to add an additional dataset to the 'Movers & Shakers' page, featuring the top 10 PR gainers.. I'll post again when that's complete.

Enjoy :)

JL

john_loch, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  6. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Just a followup folks..

The Movers and Shakers page now features the top 10 sites PR wise. Mostly a novelty, but useful for some. You can get a breakdown of v7ndotcom elursrebmem sites/PR ratios in this post.

As for the page with the highest PR, that goes to Alek with PR 7 :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  7. NeO1

NeO1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tool... We made the top ten list of movers & shakers :D (it's something I guess)

NeO

NeO1, Feb 20, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  8. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad at all Neo - some serious upward momentum; congrats.

wrmineo, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  9. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    I was pleasently surprised it popped to PR7 ... especially since I've been telling my core group of supporters to hold back on links ... and a few other things I have in mind since the contest goes until May 15th.

Perhaps of interest to folks also is that the v7ndotcom elursrebmem supporters went to PR6 ... and since this will have a permanent link to folks who help out Celiac charity for the contest, it might be an interesting play for those folks interested in some long-term Google Juice ...

I.e. while I'm not into link exchanges, send some Google Love for 3 months and get a permanent backlink from a PR6 page.

hulkster, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  10. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Alek ... I know you are busy but I have some work for you! All the PRs of all the supporters have changed (upwards) :eek: ... you need to update this elursrebmem v7ndotcom page

:D

LaCabra, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  11. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    YEP - I plan to do this tomorrow or the next day - want to make sure that Toolbar PR is accurately reflected so that I correctly move people up into the right categories - i.e. "mention", URL link, anchor texted link, etc.

I lost track of all the PR3/PR4's that people sent me in the last month, but I tried to tell all of 'em to circle back if their PR updated as I'd like to give credit where credit due.

I took my kids skiing today ... so I wasn't following the PR update that close ... ;-)

hulkster, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I see taggle came out good thru all of this :)

Blogmaster, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  13. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all you elursrebmem people!

I hope this question is not to far away from the elursrebmem subject.
    I feel you are the right guys to ask about this.

Ok, as we all know having your webhost in the same country as the specific target market you are after is important.

For example in this contest it would be important to have your webhost located somewhere in the US because we all want to rank high at Google.com not .dk or .se or whatever.

Now was I surprised when my contest site jumped up to rank #4 in this contest. ??? I was convinced that there would be some geographical punishment just because my webhost is located in Denmark.

Apperently having a webhost in the US was not as important as i first expected it to be.

Seems like it is important where your inbound links come from and not where you have your own hosting.

Any reflections on this anyone...

I am thinking about starting a brand new blog only for SEO contest with host in the US, but now I have to lay low for a while just to find out if it is really a good idea.
    I might as well keep on with my old blog perhaps.

Marcus_Westberg, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    hulkster likes this.
  14. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question/commentary Marcus (sent you some green rep) ... an related question (and quite relevent these days) is what affect does have a web site hosted in China have for those results - DOOPPPP!!!! ;-)

BTW, your GoogleBot about V-E SEO contest audio file is hilarious! ;-)

P.S. BTW, for those that asked, here's a picture of my 4-year old skiing at Eldora, Colorado ... you decide if he is falling or carving?!? ;-)

hulkster, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Great clip .... hurt my eyes though :eek:

OK, everyone who wants to be on the contestants' pictures page, post your pic and the url to your contest page please :)

Blogmaster, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Me too, I was most surprised!

sarahk, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  17. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn John - you are doing some nice stuff and your score cards are everywhere - tons of sites are sporting your badges ... and linking back to you - great job ... seriousely!

I said it somewhere else, but keep an eye on JL's site for the V-E contest ... he's currently in the top-100 and moving up!

hulkster, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  18. intruth

intruth Guest

Best Answers:
    yes that score card is cool I think I was one of the 1st to grab it. nice job.

Thanks for the position check love it.. I'm at 107 seems like all the top tenners hang here.../wave hi all....I need link trades pm me

intruth, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    Marcus_Westberg likes this.
  20. Icemaiden

Icemaiden Guest

Best Answers:
    Not yet! I will submit later.

Icemaiden, Feb 22, 2006 IP
Thread Status: