1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gods that Christians Dont Believe in.....AND Gods that Atheists Dont Believe in

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by iul, Feb 11, 2008.

maybe after the christians will understand why they don't believe in all those gods they will understand why we atheists don't believe in one more than them
    [​IMG]

iul, Feb 11, 2008 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol brilliant... Hopefully this will make it easier for them to understand why we disbelieve in their god.

stOx, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  3. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. Atheists don't believe in 100% of gods, christians don't believe in 99.99% of them

The difference between an atheist and a christian is very small indeed!

lightless, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  4. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    fun!
    I guess if I was a believer I'd feel at least uncomfortable...

cientificoloco, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  5. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im a christian and i dont feel the least bit uncomfortable. Whatn drew me the most to my god (jesus christ) is his love for humanity. You can throw list after list after list, but your missing the message:). So what happens to you guys after you all blink into nothingness?

pingpong123, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  6. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is he the only one having love for humanity? Were you indoctrinated as a kid into christianity or did you actually CHOOSE to be a christian?

iul, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  7. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Yes my parents brought me up knowing gods love in many ways, but it wasnt till i went out and started to satisfy my curiousity of other faiths did i finally choose for myself what i wanted to believe in.

No im not saying he is the only one having love for humanity, but through my studies i have seen that his love for humanity is on another level then any mortal could ever have for another human being. Imagine a god coming down from his throne in heaven to live as the most rediculed of mortals , to be tortured in a way that is beyond inhumane and still loving every single human being, even the ones who tortured and ultimately crucified him.

I get chills just thinking about my god:) and not the fearful chills.

pingpong123, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  8. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK. But why don't you believe in the other gods too? And if you don't believe in the other goods too do you realise why you don't believe in them? I mean if I told you what zeus is preaching for example how would you explain me why you don't believe he's not a true god?

iul, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  9. atomsplash

atomsplash Peon

Best Answers:
    All hail Xenu!

Yeah... that's about all I got. :rolleyes:

atomsplash, Feb 12, 2008 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  10. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I chose to be a true Christian. No one forced me or deluded me or tricked me or anything like that. I made a sound decision based on analysis, research, meditation and thinking ability along with knowledge and evidence.

Oh! One difference between pinpong and I is I do in no way believe Jesus is God. Pingpong does.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  11. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    were you indoctrinated as a kid?

iul, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  12. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Nope. I was an atheist for 30 years.

13. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so what happened? I mean there are probably dozens of versions of the bible, why did you choose that particular one? How does it make any more sense than the other versions of it?

iul, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  14. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is Jesus if not god?:confused:

risoknop, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  15. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    God's Son from what we learnt in primary school.

I am atheist btw.

blueparukia, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  16. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    I did a lot of wider reading. Including many other translations such as KJV, Gideons, Good News, Catholic Douai, New International Version and things like the Septaguint, The Greek Interlinear and so on.

The NWT I find is the most accurate of all in regards to the closest possible translation of the remaining ancient transcripts. I chose this one on the basis of deep research and analysis. I also looked at external references like dictionaries, encyclopaedias and other popular references too many to list.

It makes sense in the way it shows a history of mankind, including events in the distant past and the last century. The prophecies of the Last Days in particular got the most attention from me. The writings of Jesus' words and how he and his apostles prophecied what life will be like just before the end of this system of things is nothign short of being awe-inspiring.

All these things are unfolding before our very eyes around us. Not just locally, but globally. Things are getting pretty bad around the world today and most are de-sensitized by it so no attention is paid to it. Exactly how it is written it will be.

When you analyse and study these things closely, you end up seeing these things accurately and it motivates you to pay attention to what you need to do to survive the end of this system.

In particular is the book of Revelation. Our people are studying this book verse by verse to gain insight into what it is teaching us as mankind. Unless one spends the time to study it, one will have no hope in understanding it, like most people today.

So, in conclusion. This is how it makes sense than any other version. The other versions or translations pretty much say the same things. Just some doctrinal teachings are different and some of the describing words are different. However, the theme of the Bible is the same.

I have conducted Bible studies using different translations of the Bible with different people to prove to them there is no real difference between the teachings of the Bible itself. My wife had someone conducting a study with here and she used 5 different translations and a dictionary and an encyclopaedia just to make sure what was being taught was accurate and it was from the Bible and not from man's teaching.

He is God's son of course. Read Matthew 3:16-17

17. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    he is gods son and he is god also. "I AM" says it all.

pingpong123, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  18. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    True, but i should respect the beliefs of others, whether they coincide with mine or not, unless they worhsip fox news of course:D

19. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    That's your opinion and you are entitled to stick to that. However, I believe otherwise and I hope you allow me the entitlement for my beliefs.

We have gone down this road before haven't we? I don't want to travel down that road again because it is pointless to do so.

The question was aimed at me and I gave my answer and a scripture that backs that up.

Regards,

Col :)

20. pingpong123

Best Answers:

Does zeus preach perfect love? I have yet to personally find that anywhere else but in jesus christ, but everyone has their own path to take in life. My one wish is to see all my fellow human beings in heaven with me whether they are christians or not.:)