1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Blog, Article Submit, or What?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tgotch, Feb 9, 2008.

I have a niche ecommerce site I am developing. I am in the process of trying to drive more traffic to it.

One part of the marketing plan is creating content with links. I have several articles related to products in this niche.

My question is, which of the following methods would give me the best results:

1. I have a blog on another domain related to this niche, should I post each of these articles on my blog, and place a backlink to the product(s)?
    2. Should I submit these articles to a lot of article submission sites with backlinks to the product(s)?
    3. Should I create a blog subdirectory on my ecommerce site, and post these articles?
    4. All the above?

Any help is appreciated.

tgotch, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. white.wizard

white.wizard Peon

Best Answers:
    1. ya, you could do that but then you should promote your blog
    2. submit but not to a lot of directories; make a top 10 list based on their traffic and page rank
    3. you can create an article section into your site; but a subdomain it's ok too

white.wizard, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. Darkmoor

Darkmoor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should do a combination of all of the above, that way you would get more traffic coming to your site

Darkmoor, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  4. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use Pings If You Are Using Wordpress For Blog... And Then Submit Your Articles To Your Blog, And It Will Also SUbmit Your Articles To Other Ping Sites... So This Way Will Be The Best To Get Good Traffic........

Cheers

razashah, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  5. audbot

audbot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should combine all of them to get the most traffic possible.

audbot, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  6. GailTrahd

GailTrahd Member

Best Answers:
    But when you combine all three use one article three times by rewriting it so it isn't exactly duplicated on each site. There has been some controversy about submitting the same article to three different directories - but this can be easily accomplished by rewriting it three times by using the same RESEARCH or points made in each article but changing the way in which it's said.

That makes the different directories happier and then people coming to your site may read much the same content but written in a different way. Brings the point home better to them too.

My Humble Opinion

Gail

GailTrahd, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  7. cage1973

cage1973 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would agree with the above posters. A combination of all three would be the better route to take.

cage1973, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  8. flowmotion

flowmotion Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also try guest blogging on some popular blogs.

flowmotion, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  9. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should both blog and submit articles. They will both give you backlinks naturally.

Woodcs82, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  10. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    All of the above but keep track of your keywords (make sure you're optimizing them adequately and properly)

webmasterlabor.com, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  11. adams2on

adams2on Peon

Best Answers:
    Along the lines of trying things out and testing through experience, I would pick just one to start with (it doesn't matter which one) and go full steam ahead with it for a week. It will work better or worse. Then next week continue what you're doing if it's working, drop it if it's not. But in either case also add another traffic method, and go all out with it just like the first one. Repeat this every week. You'll find that some of the methods work better for you than others. What works for you will be different than for some other people. Everybody has different strengths - just expect that some will work well, and some will fail. The failures are just information - telling you to drop those and focus on the ones that are working better. Hope this helps! :)

adams2on, Feb 10, 2008 IP