1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

zip/email submit keywords...

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by bigdad, Feb 10, 2008.

What are the best keywords to use when promoting zip/email submits? Id like to start a yahoo PPC campaign. Im just not sure what keywords to use. Its a favorite movie theme.

bigdad, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  2. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on ur campaigns.

getjimmy, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  3. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I read a blog post awhile back saying that you shouldnt bid more than $0.10 per click so if you get a conversion after 12 clicks you at least break even.

bigdad, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  4. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    True,as most of email/zip offers pays between $1-$1.5.U can also try placement targeting.

5. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Best Answers:
    placement targeting? Im a n00b. haha

bigdad, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  6. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    Yes.in ur adwords account there is also an option for placement targeting,here u pay google to display ur add on specific sites(as per ur niche),here u also have an option to pay per impressions.U can set ur own budget,say if u r paying $10/1000 impressions then no matter how many clicks u get in those 1000 impression,u will be charged $10 only.

7. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... Ill have to take a look at that. Do I still need keywords or do I just tell them to put my add on sites that match my niche?

bigdad, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  8. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    U will put some keywords and google will display the related sites URLs,if possible try to find it manually,here it how to do it

Go to google
    Type ur keyword
    Now check out the top ranked sites,that have an adsense ads on it,note all the top sites related to ur niche and advertise on them.

Personally i have a coded script in which i just enter my keywords and it fetches me top ranked sites.

9. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you find using CPM campaigns on google for low yield programs (like zip/email submits) any good?

hextraordinary, Feb 10, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you have to decide yourself as if you use what everyone else uses then you will be competing with them and therefore will see higher costs.

john269, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  11. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but then you run the risk of your ads not showing up at all. It all depends and you gotta test everything to see what converts and what don't. Theres also other factors that come in too. Not all zip offers will even convert no matter what you do (actually that can go with all CPA stuff heh..)

I have one zip campaign thats doing quite well (i just need to clean it up and optimize more now...). I originally started bidding really high to get towards the top spot - like close to $1.00 which is insanse for something that only pays like $1.25-$1.70 per lead. But it got me at the top, and people were clicking and I lost money initially. But i also got conversions (this part is pure luck) and my CTR was really high also so it was definitely something to work with. After a few days I began to bring the bids down slowly. I removed the keywords that werent bringing in any leads. Now I'm only bidding 0.15 max per click. I can do so and make decent profit because I found the keywords that converts.

Of course you can try another method which I still have trouble on is using the content network...you can get some seriously cheap clicks there although I'm not sure how well the quality of leads are.

shockalock-g, Feb 15, 2008 IP