1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The anti microsoft movement!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by aceonline, Feb 7, 2008.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you summed up very well what I am thinking too, I support the underdogs, though I use MS Windows, Google and Ipod I still hope the smaller players can win.

wisdomtool, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  2. adams2on

adams2on Peon

Best Answers:
    For myself, I don't care too much who made a product as long as it's great. I used to prefer Google Desktop Search, but more recently the Windows Desktop Search got better in a lot of ways, so I switched to that. I liked Linux better until XP came out. Then it was Mac OS X - but just now I saw some stuff about Ubuntu Linux, so I'm going to check it out. If it can run Windows at the same time as Ubuntu similarly to OS X running Windows in Parallels Desktop, then I'll seriously think about Ubuntu. It is a lot cheaper than OS X, which requires a Mac to run it. OS X does have scads of good points - but if Ubuntu can match them, well then ...

I use Firefox (browser), Thunderbird (email), and Open Office (office suite) so it's a piece of cake to move to a new OS. A few things are nicer in Windows (Total Commander, the best file manager + that I've found, and I've looked hard). OS X has something similar, but simpler. Don't know about Linux/Ubuntu. Many if not most of the cool apps I use in XP are only necessary because of the shortcomings in XP, and I wouldn't need them in Ubuntu and certainly not in OS X. Plus virtual Windows emulators like Parallels Desktop are coming out all over the place, so I'll be able to keep anything I must have from Windows.

And someday soon (before we expect it) I bet someone will come out with implants or heads-up displays plus voice- and gaze-activated controls and computers/phones/TV's/autodocs/Third Life in your sunglasses or jewelry. Then I'll decide all over again. It's a fast-moving cyber-world, and you have to enjoy surfing on the wave of change. (But imagine all the 3D-Web surfers mumbling and muttering to themselves in public as they stagger through the world trying to stay wired and jacked in while not wandering into traffic ...)

adams2on, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  3. aceonline

aceonline Peon

Best Answers:

Well you can always try ubuntu live boot , just enter the CD and enjoy the wonders of ubuntu . Also you can have both ubuntu and windows at the same time . Ive seen some articles in which you can run all the windows apps on ubuntu , cant remember the url though . Anyways a good reason to switch from windows LOL!!

aceonline, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  4. sudhirmangla

sudhirmangla Peon

Best Answers:
    Most person would like to hate Microsoft but all of them user their product. Can some one tell me reason I you hate Microsoft and its product why are you all are still using their products.

To know the how many user use Microsoft roducts just check your web site log file. In my case 96% user of my web sites use Microsoft OS

sudhirmangla, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  5. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This are some of the worst reasons to come with. You don't like IE? don't use it, you don't like msn/live? don't use it.

The real problem is Windows. Because there are many things both software and hardware that work only on Windows so you are forced to use it. Hardware manufacturers have windows in mind when doing things same with software developers. So if you want a fancy new scanner let's say, you cannot take it because it does not work (yet) on Linux or on other OS beside Windows.

And how can you trust windows as an operating system when you know that microsoft can't even build a proper browser, look at IE and compare it with Firefox.

Btw, pirates of the silicon valley is a nice movie about microsoft and how they do business.

rehash, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  6. mizmoon

mizmoon Guest

Best Answers:
    I use firefox and anything else I can get that isn't microsoft related. I'm waiting for an operating system that is better than anything microsoft or mac can come up with. There should be choices...no one should have a monopoly on anything...isn't that what free trade supposed to be all about? I'd like to believe that free trade still exists in the U.S. of A., but there are too many damned corps. like microsoft doing their damnedest to make free trade a thing of fantasy...an idea of the past. I will continue to support those open source folks who continue the good fight against assholes like microsoft and google.

mizmoon, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  7. Josh189

Josh189 Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox ftw

Josh189, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  8. ronintrader.com

ronintrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft is a dinosaur. Bill Gates has fallen prey to his own success - the age of shrink-wrapped software is at an end

ronintrader.com, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  9. greatest

greatest Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft is great
    its better than apple thats just a fact accept it

greatest, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  10. Josh189

Josh189 Peon

Best Answers:
    They are both different and both have their good and bad points.

Josh189, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  11. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I actually like Microsoft for the most part. With the exception of Vista. But I am sure they improve on Vista or bring out a new software that is just as great as 95, 98 or yet as just as good as XP which I really prefer.

lpstong, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  12. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like their products, i just don't like their search engine, and the adcenter. had to pay my bank $30 for over draft b/c they mistakenly gave me and then took out $.09 in bank account. i called, they told me they couldn't do anything...so mad i was.

ki3000, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  13. Yankee85

Yankee85 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't like Microsoft, don't use their products. Simple as that ;)

Yankee85, May 8, 2008 IP