1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The events of February 7 2008 are biblicaly reflected upon at Revelation 13:3.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by humblestudent, Feb 9, 2008.

Though we are pre of Revelation 13:3 the events of February 7 2008 are biblicaly reflected upon at Revelation 13:3. We are currently pre of Revelation chapter 12.

humblestudent, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. snappingpig

snappingpig Banned

Best Answers:
    what happened on February 7th?

snappingpig, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Clear as a bell, isnt it?

Tearabite, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  4. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I don't get it...

Artifexus, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  5. Tearabite

Best Answers:
    I think it's usually interpreted as one of the ways that the anti-christ comes to power.. he sustains a mortal head wound, but is then miraculously healed, and all the world wonders after him. he eventually comes to rule the world, and the number of his name is 666 ..

but, how that ties into what happened on Feb 7 is beyond me...

Tearabite, Feb 9, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  6. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it would just be nice if the OP would point out specifically which events he refers to...

Artifexus, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  7. iminphils

iminphils Peon

Best Answers:
    I am so sick of hearing about all this biblcal prophecy stuff, which is nothing but utter BS. The "bible" is about as true and reliable as "Cinderella", the only difference being that the latter is at least recoginized as a fairy tale.

There is no more external proof, (i.e. outside of scripture which itself was written by fallible human beings) for the existence of God than there is for Zeus or Woden. And speaking of proof, when are people going to catch on that using the bible to prove itself is logically lame. But then expecting logic from religion is about as pointless as waiting for a messiah. If you want deliverance, order a pizza.

Let's quit acting like scared children who are afraid of punishment from some big daddy in the sky. It's time to grow up and start acting like rational adults. Mature people don't need the"fear of God" to be moral. Virtue is its own reward.

iminphils, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Interesting point of view you have of the Bible. However, I am far from being scared like a child. Yet, I am in awe of God. Why? A LOT of people fear him because of his almighty power and what he will do those who are wicked. I fear him in a different way. I look at his guidance for us to behave like rational adults and living with family values high on the priority list. I am a mature person of 43 years of age and I do need the "fear of God" to be moral, humble, chaste, loyal, honest and all other good qualities like this. I am not saying I am a perfect person. Far from it in fact. But, I do pay attention to what the Bible teaches. It teaches to pay attention to how to conduct oneself and how to treat others and it also teaches the consequences if we fail to do so.

Therefore, you can call it BS, lame or any other name if you like. The fact is it teaches people how to behave in the very best manner.

Don't get me wrong. There are some who read the Bible and are terrible people in how they treat others and how they conduct themselves. This is not the Bible's fault nor it's teachings. This is the individuals fault for reading but not applying.

It's best to read James 1:22-25 to see exactly what I mean. Learn about the illustration of the man who looks into the mirror.

You know the cliche "A good tradesman never blames his tools". Well, this also applies to the Bible. It's what you do with the information. Not what the information is.

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  9. Tearabite

Best Answers:
    Yah - i can see that around me every day.. all those "mature" people on the road to virtue.. This world is full of selfish, evil, pieces-of-shit people that care about nothing more than how to get to where they're driving to faster, without any concern of anyone else on the road, raping babies, stealing from old people, and killing each other on the street.. Perhaps if a little more of that 'fear of big brother' was instilled in them from the beginning there would be a few less assholes in the world.

The bible is a handbook - an "instruction book on life", that teaches how to treat one another, what not to eat, what not to do, and how to live in society in harmony. It need not "prove itself"..

Look at the people around you - on the street, in traffic, at work, at the grocery store, on the news. Do you really not think that a few of them could stand to learn the differences between right and wrong? - The basis of what the Bible is? Or are all those asshole, piece of shit people just paving their own "road to virtue" ?

I shutter to think what the world would be like without the tiny bit of morals that the bible does instill in the few people it does.

Tearabite, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  10. snappingpig

snappingpig Banned

Best Answers:
    You guys gotta remember that all this bad stuff that will happen in the end times is just a preclude to the rapture. All the Christians will be taken up and all the evil people will stay down here to fight in the war that kills a third of everything on the Earth. I'm not worried, in fact I'm looking forward to it.

I still don't know what Feb 7th has to do with anything. Revelations 13:3 deals with the anti-Christ I know, but I think that is supposed to be referenced to when someone tries to assassinate the great "peace maker", he will have a fatal head wound and will heal by the powers of Satan. For people who don't know, the anti-Christ will be seen around the world as a great guy who ends all the wars and even solves the Israel-Arab problem and have god like powers to heal people and stuff, hence the name the "great peace maker". (I believe all the Christians will be taken up in the rapture before this anti-Christ stuff happens, otherwise we would all know who he is and kill him! I guess this is just a test for the remainder left on earth, the non-believers had 2000 years to figure it out and they still won't have a clue.) We all know that he is really the great deceiver shrouded in darkness and masked as a great peace maker and will convince all the non-believers that HE is God (people will believe him from seeing all his powers) and then the greatest war the world has ever seen will take place, a third of all life will be destroyed. At some point, he will rule the entire world. (Ironically, it kind of reminds me of starwar's peaceful palpatine suddenly unleashing his dark powers at a critical moment.)

There will be an instant where all life on the world will about to be destroyed (probably a final thermonuclear showdown). At that moment, Jesus himself will descend walk the Earth once more since 2000 years ago and end the war and save the planet and rule for 1000 years. Those are the types of problems where God or Jesus himself will have to step in. The bible never said the world would be destroyed though, until 1000 years after Jesus returned and he destroys it, Satan and all the sin on it to create a new one. It's an amazing prophecy!

You think the world is crazy now, just wait until you start seeing people with God-like powers healing and ending wars that lasted hundreds of years, holy saints descending onto the earth to spread the word of God, only to be murdered by stubborn non-believers (history repeats itself) and their bodies could be seen by the entire world for 3 days. (Note that this prophecy from the bible written 2000 years ago requires that the ENTIRE world would be able to see this, that wouldn't be possible back then without TV and satellites we now have today) Then the bible said that the voice of God will be heard around the world as the saints rise from the dead as good as new and ascend to Heaven. While the non-believers and wicked people in the world will be shocked and terrified from hearing the voice of the actual God on the Earth! Imagine seeing that on TV. Great times are coming and there will be things that happen that haven't been seen since the beginning of time and when God himself once walked the Earth. Great time for a Christian that understands the events, crappy time for a non-believer or someone with not enough information.

There is just so many things that lead up to this, I know Revelations states that the anti-Christ will create a one world government and currency. Maybe this current US economy crisis will lead to foreign investors selling Trillions of dollars worth of bonds and investments which would leave the US broke and financially ruin the rest of the world's economy. Plus with the US dollar falling, it could screw up a lot of other things too. If this happens, you would think the world would learn it's lesson and create a one world currency so nothing like that ever happens again, could be the introduction of the anti-christ???

snappingpig, Feb 10, 2008 IP
    Tearabite likes this.
  11. iminphils

iminphils Peon

Best Answers:
    These beliefs are even wackier and delusional than I thought. You folks still have not proven the existence of "God'', let alone that people who will fly up into the air at the so called "rapture". So where will they go? Just where is "heaven"? The so called biblical prophecies are based on the notion of a flat earth with the sky being heaven. Have you people absolutely no idea of a spherical earth that orbits the sun which is just one of billions of stars at the edge of an ordinary galaxy which is just one of billions in a universe that is 14,000,000 000 years old and apparently infinite.

By the way, when the rapture comes, can I have your car?

iminphils, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  12. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Tearabite will give up his Jag, even under these circumstances. :p

buffalo, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  13. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    hold on there Corky....are you saying the earth isn't flat? :eek:

good thing I am sitting down and my bowels are empty :rolleyes:

timsdd, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  14. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, timsdd, he hasn't proven the earth is spherical, either. :D

Artifexus, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  15. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    next thing he's going to tell me is that the earth orbits the sun! and not the other way around! :rolleyes:

timsdd, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  16. Cylon

Cylon Peon

Best Answers:
    tim, the Sheri Shepard of the online world.

Cylon, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  17. domainloco.net

domainloco.net Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And what exactly is the purpose of this thread? I was lost by the forth post....

domainloco.net, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  18. humblestudent

humblestudent Peon

Best Answers:
    Events of February 7 that involved North America, Europe, and the ?

humblestudent, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  19. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Feb 7 didn't seem very interesting for me, it was a fun thirsty thursday though.

Gallito, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  20. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    could you be any more cryptic:confused:

North America, Europe, and the South Pole? :rolleyes:

timsdd, Feb 12, 2008 IP