1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Best Domain Parking Company?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by danjacrom, Feb 14, 2006.

Hi guys,

I have heard alot about companies which you can park your domains with and I am wondering in your experience which one is best?

I am trying to decide based on the income generated, and also the amount of manual customability of the site (probably go hand in hand)

I have a few names here I am considering

Trafficz
    Domain Sponsors
    Sedo
    Skenzo

Thanks
    Daniel

danjacrom, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  2. Cutter

Cutter Peon

Best Answers:
    Your best option is testing them out, there are too many variables. Don't know about Skenzo though, I've never heard of them.

Cutter, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  3. FlyinBlind

FlyinBlind Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Danjacrom!

Speaking from personal experience, you may have to experiment and try your domain(s) with different programs. Your results with each service may also depend on the niches your domains target or are relevant to. You may even find that you end up using a couple at once to maximize your returns.

I tried both Sedo and DS for about 3 months with very minimal results. I switched everything over to NameDrive and ended making more in the first 2 weeks with them than I did in the entire 3 months with the previous services combined. The visit/views also increased dramatically for certain domains.

Last comment, their support is very responsive and helpful.

If you decide to give NameDrive a try (or even Sedo or DS), please consider PM'ing me for a referral code. (Mods, my apologies in advance if this isn't an appropriate request.)

Good luck with whatever services(s) you go with.

FlyinBlind, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll back flyinblind on the namedrive recommendation. Being testing it myself. I have tried 3 different domain parking services (goldkey, sedo, and name), and finally arrived that namedrive is the better option. You have more control over your domains with them, and the support is quite good.

Phoenix, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  5. rythm

rythm Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently, I have most of my domains parked with domainsponsor, goldkey and fabulous. For me, Namedrive only worked well for the initial months, but not any more now.

rythm, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  6. diddie

diddie Peon

Best Answers:
    It s good to try namedrive during 2 or 3 months, then i see too a drop, but its still better than my sedo experience. But sedo is good for selling domains, so you have to choose.

diddie, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  7. digitalage

digitalage Guest

Best Answers:
    sedo has quite a bit of traffic

digitalage, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  8. DomainWorks

DomainWorks Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC Income and ParkQuick offer reviews of the major parking providers. That may help you narrow the field ... keep in mind that these sites probably have affiliate relationships with major parking companies.

DomainWorks, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  9. 59ideas

59ideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Also note that some parking service will only accept you if you have a critical number of domains or good names. I got rejected by fabulous on 2 occassions. Guess I'm not worth their time.

For small timer, I find Sedo and Skenzo works.

59ideas, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  10. mika

mika Active Member

Best Answers:
    mika, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  11. DomainWorks

DomainWorks Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, but if Daniel already had the required 750,000 page views per month for AdSense Domains, I doubt he'd need much advice from us. :)

DomainWorks, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  12. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Sedo would probably be the best because of the traffic results. But it varies from person to person of what they really want. But a I would go with Sedo.

lpstong, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  13. edzachary

edzachary Active Member

Best Answers:
    I switched to Sedo and at least I'm seeing some of these names get some traffic now...didn't see that with others.

edzachary, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  14. Jenni

Jenni Peon

Best Answers:
    I have only used Sedo and I think NameDrive. I tested a name on NameDrive for about a month and have very few views and no clicks and then for several months before that I had it on Sedo and it was getting a fair amount of traffic and clicks. After moving it back to Sedo it is now only getting very low traffic.

Jenni, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  15. DomainWorks

DomainWorks Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't used Domain Sponsor, but I hear they're now combining pay-per-action (you get paid when an item sells) with pay per click. If you have a domain where the folks who click through actually buy something (which often depends on the niche), that may be a better way to go. Maybe someone else who uses DS can comment on how this change is working.

Does anyone else see a lot of inconsistency with their parking results? A couple of services have paid OK in the early days and weeks, and then less well over time.

DomainWorks, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  16. Smooth

Smooth Guest

Best Answers:
    Its good to go for Domainsponsor if you have good type-in domains, & just wanna keep them for revenue..

If you wanna keep a domain just for selling - afternic..

If you wanna both (PPC + sell domain) - sedo..

Smooth, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  17. Fabulous.com

Fabulous.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

I've seen Fabulous.com mentioned a couple of times in this thread. It's true, we are selective about the kind of domains that we accept, however will will review quality portfolios of any size.

We are intersted in English language non trademark type in .com, .net, .org, .co.uk, .ca, .us domains, that receive natural traffic (or the domain phrase has a search count).

Please feel free to email me with the domains that you want to park and I'll review them for eligibility for our premium program.

Regards

Andrew Wright
    a.wright@fabulous.com

Fabulous.com, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  18. permood

permood Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 100+ domains, I tried namedrive and sedo. I like namedrive page layout but namedrive doesn't pay much, I would say namedrive is worse. I move to sedo, it's much better.

permood, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  19. latentdragon

latentdragon Peon

Best Answers:
    latentdragon, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  20. swiftmed

swiftmed Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a Sedo parked domain, and I like the ads that are shown. I'd say go with Sedo.

swiftmed, Mar 7, 2007 IP