1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should we choose ? personal or premier ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by wholahay, Feb 9, 2008.

hi, im working now as a traffic reseller and im doing business and accepting paypal as my payment processor, now my question us will i choose premier or just personal account? just let me know. and if i upgrade to premier how much does it cost me?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personal - if you are not making money through Paypal and just using the account to spend money and send/receive money from friends or affiliates.

Premier - if you are using Paypal to make money, ie have people pay you for goods or services you provide. This give you the peace of mind when doing business.

Click on 'Fees' at the bottom of Paypal's page to see the fees.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

There is no monthly fees, Paypal just takes a small percentage of the sales profits.

eddy2099, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    so you know already whats my job is, will i choose personal or no ?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously Premier since it is a job and you are making money through Paypal.

You cannot choose Personal because the personal paypal account is not for you to make money from.

Think of Personal account as customers, Premier and Business accounts as stores.

eddy2099, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  5. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    oh i see, what if i will stil use premier what will happen ? if im going to upgrade for premier .
    is ok to use my paypal funds?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are already using a premier account, there is no need to upgrade to premier again since you are there already.

Yes, you can of course make use of your funds which you made through paypal.

Well, you will not lose your account if you use a personal account to accept payment for making money, it is just that when paypal finds out about it, they will charge you the fees for all your transactions, I believe it would be retrospective. I see that a number of people here tried to save a few dollars of fees by using a personal account for business and got their account limited and paypal asking them for sales documents and so on and got their account stuck.

A Personal account can only accept Paypal balance and up to 5 credit card transaction a year, if you are not targetting exclusively this forum, you will be at a big disadvantage as there is probably only about 40 countries in the world which can use paypal to receive money, the rest of the 150 countries can only spend money. Those who can spend would not have any accumulate paypal balance to pay you. Also the fact that not everyone in the 40 countries which can receive money through paypal account use the accounts to make money and from the feedback I gather here, those who make money through paypal would usually withdraw most or all their funds so they have no balance to spend.

If you care about your business then you most definitely need a premier account. Remember, Paypal is not a charity and they need money in order to survive in the long run and continue to provide you the service. If you make money from your own customers, you should be pay the people who helped you.

If you do not want to pay fees, put yourself in paypal position, would be offer your services for free to your customers and collect money and do all the work ? Because if you use a personal account, that is how you are treating paypal.

eddy2099, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  7. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the advice,

well i don't have a website which my customers are buying, they just pm me here and buy some unique traffic. so do i need to upgrade in premier ???

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  8. cpufreak3

cpufreak3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have a $500/month limit on a personal account.

You can start out w/ a personal account and upgrade later, however, I don't think you can downgrade.

Premier account has fees (if you weren't aware of the difference).

cpufreak3, Feb 9, 2008 IP
    wholahay likes this.
  9. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    choose business, is the best.

nickflame, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  10. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    how much does it cost me if i want to upgrade??

what if ill choose premier ?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  11. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    upgradation costs nothing in itself ........ however each transaction has a fees unlike personal accounts.

gsv13, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  12. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no cost to upgrade to Premier or Business accounts, it is just better for you.

My question to you is what you are doing through Paypal, makes you money ? If so, you most definitely need a premier or business account. If you do not accept money for what you are doing then a personal account will do.

eddy2099, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  13. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    oh i see, does the fees are high ??? how about you guys. what are you using ???

i don't have a digital store where my customers are buying but they just message me here and buy unique hits, what should i do? upgrade for premier ??? or business ?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  14. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The fees are lower than industrial standard as I believe paypal has some special agreements with the banks.

You do not need a digital store to be considered to be making money as long as you sell goods or services and earn the money through paypal, you need a premier or business account.

If you are working as a private individual and not a company then a Premier account is sufficient. If you are operating as a registered business or company in your own country with a bank account in the company's name then you go for a business account. Beyond that, a premier and business accounts are pretty much identical.

In the past, when I was active with Paypal, I was using a Business account but now am not selling anything so I downgrade to a Premier account just in case I need to sell anything in the future.

eddy2099, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  15. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    ah okay, so i will choose premier. is that finE?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  16. CashoutChick

CashoutChick Peon

Best Answers:
    I have both sort of accounts for different occasions, and why not? :D

CashoutChick, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  17. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    ill choose premier when my account is already verify, it will be verify next 2 days.

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  18. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I initially choose Personal.. Verify it.. Later Upgraded to Premium :D

Radz, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  19. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah me too, are we capable in upgrading even if our account is not yet activated?

wholahay, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can upgrade at anytime. In fact when you sign up for a paypal account, you do not need to register as a personal account and then upgrade, you can sign up as a premier account right away.

eddy2099, Feb 9, 2008 IP