1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blocking Banned members from reading forums

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by technolarity, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    This is just a request as my friend was blocked sometime ago , i guess that DP should allow banned users to have reading rights at the forum .

technolarity, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  2. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    If a banned member used "remember me" option, then s/he have to just delete cookies of "DigitalPoint". S/He'll be then browsing the forum as guest.

DarkX, Feb 8, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think when banned they block your IP for the amount of time. You can only browse of you use a proxy or cloak your IP.

allout, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  4. sumeetindia

sumeetindia Banned

Best Answers:
    Nah ! They only block the ID not the IP

sumeetindia, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  5. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DP blocks both usernames and IP addresses, permanently and temporarily.

If an account is banned, it is suspended from all rights and privileges of a member; that includes viewing the forum, making posts, and viewing/replying to Private Messages.

Only when a user is unbanned are these privileges granted back to the user. Yes, if a user logs out, he/she will be given "visitor non-registered" public access to the forum, but of course member-only forums will not be displayed.

If the user's IP address is banned, they'll basically see a "goodbye forever, don't come back" message every time they try to visit the forum. Though of course, there are ways around this, but DP doesn't grant banned users the privilege to continue browsing the forum as obviously they've made an offense or violation within their account history.

EGS, Feb 8, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.