1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Access - version question

Discussion in 'Databases' started by usasportstraining, Feb 7, 2008.

If you open and change an Access db (2003) with a newer version of Access (2007), would you still be able to open it again with Access 2003?

+Rep for answer. :)

usasportstraining, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  2. NsaneNoob

NsaneNoob Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course.

NsaneNoob, Feb 7, 2008 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  3. adams2on

adams2on Peon

Best Answers:
    To be safe, I would save the db with the Save As ... method - to force it to save in 2003 format. An easy way to test your question is to make a backup copy of the db, open it with 2007, save normally, close, and then try to open in 2003. But even if you can open part of the db again in 2003, you might have some changes - like maybe with macros (programs) or some other subtle things from updates in Access 2007. Again, to play it safe, force save as 2003 format when in 2007. If that's not available, try asking for the 2003 version to be updated to 2007. You could also try this question in the microsoft tech support forums on the microsoft web site. More details than you can shake a stick at.

adams2on, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  4. b4db0y

b4db0y Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think yes. but i caused me many problems. do you know functions of 2003 i.e validiation etc?

b4db0y, Feb 8, 2008 IP