1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Adwords right for me?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Sheff, Feb 3, 2008.

I'm thinking about using Adwords to promote my own commercial art service.

I've been reading this forum and I have a good idea of the keywords I want to use for targeting, but I'm not sure if I will be overwhelmed by too many conversions/assignments.

This would be like a dentist getting too many responses, he can only work on so many people at a time.

However, I can service clients regardless of location. The drawback is that I am only one guy.

Have you guys got any suggestions or ideas?

Sheff, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  2. Scott_

Scott_ Peon

Best Answers:
    You can always try it for a few days. I would suggest keeping a close eye on the campaign. Log-in to your account EVERY HOUR to see how it's doing. Then, as soon as you get a certain number of assignments/orders, you can simply put the campaign on pause. When the campaign is on pause, Google will not display your ad until you manually un-pause it. The nice thing about Adwords is that you can leave your campaign on pause indefinitely until you finish serving your clients. Then simply un-pause it and let it run until you've filled up with new clients again. As long as you keep a close eye on your campaign, you will be in total control of how many conversions you get without becoming overwhelmed with orders. Your "click-throughs" are reported fairly close to real-time, so like I said, just watch it closely and be prepared to hit the pause button if necessary.

Scott_, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. Sheff

Sheff Peon

Best Answers:
    That was exactly the answer I was looking for.

Sheff, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  4. Kim@ASM

Kim@ASM Peon

Best Answers:
    The great thing about AdWords is you can pause it at any time. Also, you can set your daily budget to anything. So you could set your daily budget to $5 if you wanted. Then, once $5 worth of clicks has accrued, your campaign stops for the day and starts again tomorrow. So you'll never pay more than you're willing to pay each day.

Kim@ASM, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  5. Getagrip

Getagrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice, Scott - its important to watch your campaigns like a hawk! I think you may want to explore some of the free methods of online promotion before jumping into Adwords - you can really lose a lot of money FAST if you don't know what you are doing!

Getagrip, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  6. Online Search Solutions

Online Search Solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good point, but I wouldn't necessarily be worried. Google put together some really good training videos to show you how to set things up.

And if you find it too tedious and prefer the help of someone experienced, or want a quicker route, you can give me a holler. I train others how to set up their Adwords accounts (among other things), and would be happy to help you out.

Regards,
    Chana

7. seoster

seoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adwords is addicting and never ending :)

seoster, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  8. Sheff

Sheff Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. I saw a link to a website that generated 100 keywords for free. The link was in a post in this forum, but I can't find it and I don't remember what it's called. It's not the free Adwords editor. Can anyone help?

Sheff, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  9. frogonfloor

frogonfloor Peon

Best Answers:
    me searchinf for same

frogonfloor, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  10. adams2on

adams2on Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also check out "campaign blasting" - see Matt Levenhagen's blog entries at http://blog.campaignblasts.com/category/campaign-blasting. It avoids lots of analysis, and instead uses a very simple method to cut risk and slowly but surely build up income from even small campaigns while minimizing losses (which eventually stop mattering).

adams2on, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  11. adams2on

adams2on Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not an affiliate link, by the way - just a blog.

adams2on, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  12. joshuaadams

joshuaadams Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try forums for your niche. ^_^

joshuaadams, Feb 8, 2008 IP